Print Thread
Hop To
R
robes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Looking at a job offer in belews creek and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the area?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Forsyth County. Good living areas to be found inside and outside the city. Bad ones too.

Lots of deer & turkey in that area.

What exactly do you need to know?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by robes
Looking at a job offer in belews creek and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the area?

WHat do you want to know? Would the job be with Duke Energy?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Not God's country per se, but close enough that they share the same zip code.

Nice area. Head west about an hour and it gets even better.

R
robes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
basically good areas to live and bad areas to stay out of, are schools ok, i have a 6 yr old and 1 yr old so thats why i ask, also i already live in a liberal hole so i dont want to move to another, just general quality of life stuff is all i want to know. and old elkhunter yes it is with duke energy.trying to better my living standards away from the bs and please dont tell me to leave my ways were i come from thats why im looking at moving because i hate it where im currently at! thanks for any info

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Stay out of Winston Salem ( third world [bleep] ) and you will be OK. Smaller towns like Walnut Cove would be a little more to your liking.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
basically good areas to live and bad areas to stay out of, are schools ok, i have a 6 yr old and 1 yr old so thats why i ask, also i already live in a liberal hole so i dont want to move to another, just general quality of life stuff is all i want to know. and old elkhunter yes it is with duke energy.trying to better my living standards away from the bs and please dont tell me to leave my ways were i come from thats why im looking at moving because i hate it where im currently at! thanks for any info

stay out of Winston Salem then.

Suburb of Winston in Davidson County is pretty conservative.

I know a good gunsmith in the Clemmons area.

Rural area around Trinity with county schools OK, but may be longer commute.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
The area around the power plant is very nice, as are areas to the north and west.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with what everyone else has said but will add to stay out of Greensboro as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pretty country through that area....until you get to most of the Triad

FJB & FJT
IC B3

R
robes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
yall pretty much confirmed what i was thinking stay away from the city, not much of a city person anyway, ive been trying to research the smaller towns but not much online, im heading down in a few weeks to look at the area and was looking for a few of the smaller towns to check out. thanks all for the info

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dsink
I agree with what everyone else has said but will add to stay out of Greensboro as well.

I think the OP is a gunowner, so at least he'll be armed...

R
robes Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R

I think the OP is a gunowner, so at least he'll be armed... [/quote]

definitely a gunowner, thats half the reason im looking to move. that and i want my kids raised like when i was their age and thats not gonna happen where im currently at, wife loves north carolina so im hoping it all works out

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
yall pretty much confirmed what i was thinking stay away from the city, not much of a city person anyway, ive been trying to research the smaller towns but not much online, im heading down in a few weeks to look at the area and was looking for a few of the smaller towns to check out. thanks all for the info

Plenty of nice areas to live in that area PLENTY. Stokesdale, Belews Creek, Walnut Cove and Oak Ridge and Summerfield) there are a ton of nice towns. No need to go to Winston Salem or Greensboro unless you want a movie, big box store or a nice restaurant. Hell even WS,High Point or Greensboro are great places to live if researched right.

I used to lease 500 acres right next door to Duke and am very familiar with that area.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

There are probably a handful of employers in Belews Creek, Duke is the largest .

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (5sdad, Akhutr, Amos63, Anaconda, 673, 14 invisible), 1,464 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,870
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.