Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
After cleaning up my night table, to make my wife happy after her road trip, I found a 1947 (1943 copyright) copy of the B&M Hand Book, on Handloading Ammunition. Now I have some "New" reading material while soaking in the whirlpool to get all that cleaning gunk off me, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If you're like me, the house probably looks like a bomb went off in it after the lady is gone for ten days. God I remember what that was like. At day 9½ I would be frantically cleaning dishes, vacuuming, scrubbing, mowing the grass, etc. And you wonder why I prefer the single life...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
LOL Yeah, I'm lucky my son still lives at home. He stayed home from work yesterday waiting for his new lap top. While he was waiting he steam cleaned all the carpets in the whole house, except my room cause I was sleeping. The house smells spring fresh, minus the smell of three dogs, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by JoeMartin
After cleaning up my night table, to make my wife happy after her road trip, I found a 1947 (1943 copyright) copy of the B&M Hand Book, on Handloading Ammunition. Now I have some "New" reading material while soaking in the whirlpool to get all that cleaning gunk off me, Joe.

Believe it or not, that was my very first handloading manual. I was looking through it the other day and I believe that I drooled over every single page.

Who could have predicted that one day that nine year old kid would be writing about handloading and contributing a great deal to several handloading manuals???

You'll get a kick out of the manual.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Originally Posted by JoeMartin

Believe it or not, that was my very first handloading manual. I was looking through it the other day and I believe that I drooled over every single page.

Who could have predicted that one day that nine year old kid would be writing about handloading and contributing a great deal to several handloading manuals???

You'll get a kick out of the manual.

Steve

http://www.castpics.net/subsite/Manuals/B&M1949.pdf

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have the 1953 version of the B&M, it has a lot of good information. Of course you have to use any load data with caution but try finding a book that even talks about a 25-20 Single Shot let alone load data.

I also still use the brass powder measure with the drop tube from time to time. For stick powders its just is easier to use as it cuts through the kernels without much effort compared to my Redding.

E
ekp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
My first experiencd in reloading was with my fathers Model 26 Belding and Mull reloading tool. I reloaded 30-40 Krag with it. I still have the tool and acquired dies for 30-06 and have reloaded with it. I now use RCBS for reloading but still use their powder measure to reload with. I will now and the for nostalgic reasons acquire more dies. I also have a model 28 but have not used it because of lack of dies. I have always thought they were very portable and useful

"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"

Oscar Wilde

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 65 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,439
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.