Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bigedp51
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
So reminds me of a little teenager who stomps his foot and screams statements as if the louder he is the more right he is.

oops, think I repeated what I said a week ago or so.

And if anyone clicks on your name and then your posts they will find nothing but insults and nothing to expand anyone's mind about reloading.

Bottom line, these forums are a cesspool of big mouth turds who just smell up the forum and add nothing to the knowledge base.

I can see why no one ever told me to come here, its just a group of mutual backslapping loudmouth idiots. And the shame of it is no one is stopping these people from dragging these forums and this webpage down the drain.

If you don't like it here, feel free to leave.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wish he would. Ooops my bad . So informative. Quit quoting the pecker head and I won't miss him. grin

Swifty
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
What can I say about a bunch of Yo-Yos that are below my level of intelligence.
I'm traveling at the speed of light and you clowns are not even potty trained yet.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So your Enfield puts 5 250 grain bullets in one hole at 200 yds or not. I'm a fxcking plumber and figured that out before the internet. Talked to people who hunted Africa. Get lost dipshit.

Last edited by Dusty246; 09/05/15.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I thought this thread was about primers, what about getting back to the point of thread. Rio7

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RIO7
I thought this thread was about primers, what about getting back to the point of thread. Rio7

"Little Larry" (because he's half Larry Root, half Little Twig) doesn't know anything about primers. Since he would be unable to sufficiently stroke his ego by returning to a discussion on primers, he couldn't possibly let that happen.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/05/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now eddie, I stay quiet to learn things, never have much to add, but guys like you though, well just easy pickins really. I am not above a free bash now and again.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I started reading this thread to learn more about primers, as primers have had a affect, on some reloading I have been doing lately. Rio7

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Rio, Primers can have a huge effect.

What kind of issues are you seeing?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sniper, I have been messing around with a 6.5 X 284, using all CCI primers, and IMR-4350, 142 gr Bullet,I have found when I change primers that it has a big effect on the groups I am getting, and some difference on the speed I am getting, CCI-200 shoots great, MLR shoots good not great, 250 Magnum and BR-2 shoots patterns.
What I don't know is why??? Rio7

Last edited by RIO7; 09/05/15. Reason: MS
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Rio, that's exactly what I would expect.

In my experience, a small to medium charge of an easy to ignite stick powder like IMR-4350 Performs best with a cool primer. In these instances, my favorite is the CCI-200. Imagine you are just giving the powder a nice consistent small flame, as opposed to scattering it with a flame thrower.

On the other hand, hard to light ball powder tend to need the flame thrower....you don't want to be on the edge where it's trying to decide how well it's going to light for you.

With stick powder, my general preference is CCI 200 up to an "06 size case. Bigger then that I will switch to a magnum primer. I've had good luck with the WMRP, so that's my typical goto primer in something like a 338WM with 4350.

It is interesting to note I can shoot submoa groups with both CCI 200 and WMRP in the .270 Win, however the POI will shift a full foot vertically with the Winchesters shooting higher. I've repeated this phenomena in multiple rifles.

Sometimes getting a load to group is all about the primer. In my STW I'm shooting a heavy charge of a surplus ball powder. I've tried about every primer you can imagine, and the only one that give me good groups are the FED 215's.

Bottom line is primers do matter, and for best results you do need to match your primer to your purpose.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by RIO7
Sniper, I have been messing around with a 6.5 X 284, using all CCI primers, and IMR-4350, 142 gr Bullet,I have found when I change primers that it has a big effect on the groups I am getting, and some difference on the speed I am getting, CCI-200 shoots great, MLR shoots good not great, 250 Magnum and BR-2 shoots patterns.
What I don't know is why??? Rio7

Why is because you forgot what Dennis Hopper said in the movie "Easy Rider". Your getting bad vibes man, your getting bad vibes. Meaning changing primers changed the way your barrel vibrates. And I bet antelope_sniper didn't think I "node" that.

[Linked Image]

There are two ways to change barrel vibrations, change the up pressure at the fore end tip or vary the amount of powder with your existing primer.

And from the same people who brought you the "Strain Gauge" method of chamber pressure testing.

Barrel Harmonics, Pressures and Timing (expanded 12/24/04)
https://www.shootingsoftware.com/barrel.htm

Last edited by bigedp51; 09/05/15.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by bigedp51

There are two ways to change barrel vibrations, change the up pressure at the fore end tip or vary the amount of powder with your existing primer.

That's just funny.

Maybe someday you will do enough shooting to understand why.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And yet another troll goes on ignore.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,698 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,070
Posts18,501,493
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.