Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

These are 65 grain RNs I make from 22LR cases. Depending on the brand, the jacket thickness is approx. 8 to 10 thou. Because of the thinner jacket, the 60s stabilize just fine, shot from my 1 in 14 twist Tikka. I decided to try 65s for the halibut.

This is a pic of the 65 grainer loaded in a 223. I'm hoping this works because these bullets open up quite handily and make soup of a coyote's insides. Now, I know they will be moving a few 100 fps slower than what they do from my 223, but it's fun to experiment with my little creations.

[Linked Image]

It also helps the local bird population. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Steve, whats the twist in your 222?

Anxious to see how this comes out. The 'short fat' Sierra 63 grainer often worked well in even the 14 twists..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
1 in 14. I'm one of these people that loves heavy and slow bullets. With the exception of gopher hunting that is.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Dear Steve old buddy

How's the sales of your No.4 Enfield book doing good buddy.

You remember me don't you, at one time I had the largest and only Enfield manual and book sticky anywhere on the net. That is until you told the site owner I was breaking copyright laws.

So tell us Steve why an American had to donate a Canadian military manual to a Canadian website. And explain to us why it is still there for free download and not breaking any copyright laws.

[Linked Image]

Ten years of work collecting books and manuals on the Enfield rifle and giving them away free. And you tell a lie and all that work goes down the drain so YOU can make money off what I was giving away for free.

And if that wasn't bad enough all the .303 British loading data that was donated to you to share, you are now selling this very same information.

Your still a blood sucking leach Steve old buddy, and I thought more people should know how underhanded you really are when it comes to you making money.

Ed Horton AKA bigedp51
And you have a real nice day

Last edited by bigedp51; 09/04/15.
D
D
Well now...don't that make them 65 grainers spin a little different.
Mucho appreciative of the background info bigedp51

Disrespect my wife, kick my dog or speak bad about Ronald Regan and you will see first hand how well my guns work.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Noobs

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wondering, let's see. Both belonged to a site, and Steve made a comment to the owner about a possibility if copyright infringement, you end up tossed (surprise with your mangina) yet Steve is making money hand over fist over your cut and paste.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well, wasn't that fun? At any rate, I have started loading up these bullets for testing. I hoping that they will open up as well as the 60s. The thinner jacket is nice. I am concerned that if it hits a rib or leg bone, it might fly apart.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Well, wasn't that fun? At any rate, I have started loading up these bullets for testing. I hoping that they will open up as well as the 60s. The thinner jacket is nice. I am concerned that if it hits a rib or leg bone, it might fly apart.

Actually Steve old buddy calling Homeland Security and telling them a radical Muslim Canadian is trying to sell ammunition components here would really be fun.

So hows the sale of your No.4 Enfield book after I flooded the internet with the Canadian No.4 manual, now that was fun and a great payback.

And I'm not surprised at all you turned around and are selling all the reloading information that so many people donated to your site to "SHARE" with other Enfield owners.

Do you remember this below Steve old buddy I got the idea off your site donated by someone else. And now your selling what you conned other people to donate to your site. But what the heck I already knew how low you would sink to make money and screw people to get it.

Below .312 pistol bullets for plinking and fireforming, I got it for free but our good buddy Steve Redgwellstein wants you to pay for it now.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And Steve old buddy we haven't even started to have fun yet. We have so much to talk about Steve and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Ain't being buddies and reminiscing about the good old days fun Steve old buddy.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

These are 65 grain RNs I make from 22LR cases. Depending on the brand, the jacket thickness is approx. 8 to 10 thou. Because of the thinner jacket, the 60s stabilize just fine, shot from my 1 in 14 twist Tikka. I decided to try 65s for the halibut.

Steve,

Can you elaborate some more on this? Never heard of jacket thickness affecting bullet stabilization.

Thanks,

David

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Can you elaborate some more on this? Never heard of jacket thickness affecting bullet stabilization.

Thanks,

David

You can push factory made bullets too fast and they disintegrate before hitting the target. Now your talking about making bullets from .22 rim fire cases scrounged up at the range. And these home made bullets have a thinner than normal jacket. So do you think factory made bullets made by Seirra have a plus and minus tolerance of .002 for jscket thickness.

On top of this you have a jacket with the firing pin mark on its rim being converted to a .224 diameter bullet. So you can have bullets with a ding in its base and also with a off center letter stamped in its base. So the 65 grain bullets are longer and have more grip on the lead core and why they are round nose bullets with more bearing surface. And you have a home made bullet rotating at approximately 270,000 RPM and you hope it holds together in flight and hits its target.

So uniformity and quality control have a lot to do with making accurate bullets. And for me its cheaper to buy bulk factory bullets rather than worry about cheap .22 blasting ammo cases being turned into a home made bullet with a ultra thin brass jacket. I'm 65 and don't want to die making bullets when I can kick the bucket shooting higher quality factory made bullets.

Last edited by bigedp51; 09/06/15.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by bigedp51

You can push factory made bullets too fast and they disintegrate before hitting the target. Now your talking about making bullets from .22 rim fire cases scrounged up at the range. And these home made bullets have a thinner than normal jacket. So do you think factory made bullets made by Seirra have a plus and minus tolerance of .002 for jscket thickness.

On top of this you have a jacket with the firing pin mark on its rim being converted to a .224 diameter bullet. So you can have bullets with a ding in its base and also with a off center letter stamped in its base. So the 65 grain bullets are longer and have more grip on the lead core and why they are round nose bullets with more bearing surface. And you have a home made bullet rotating at approximately 270,000 RPM and you hope it holds together in flight and hits its target.

So uniformity and quality control have a lot to do with making accurate bullets. And for me its cheaper to buy bulk factory bullets rather than worry about cheap .22 blasting ammo cases being turned into a home made bullet with a ultra thin brass jacket. I'm 65 and don't want to die making bullets when I can kick the bucket shooting higher quality factory made bullets.

[Linked Image]

David

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Steve,

Thanks,

David

I should have been more specific. Bullet length is more important than weight when talking about stability.

My 60s, because of their thinner jackets, are 0.685 to 0.705 inches long. The thinner jacket allows more lead to be inserted into the empty jacket. As a result, they are the same length as factory 50-55 grain bullets. I've shot thousands of rimfire jacketed 60s from my 222s and a 223 with no problems.

The 65 grainers are longer - 0.740 inches - so I want to test and see if they will stabilitze from my 1 in 14 222 barrels.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I should have been more specific. Bullet length is more important than weight when talking about stability.

My 60s, because of their thinner jackets, are 0.685 to 0.705 inches long. The thinner jacket allows more lead to be inserted into the empty jacket. As a result, they are the same length as factory 50-55 grain bullets. I've shot thousands of rimfire jacketed 60s from my 222s and a 223 with no problems.

The 65 grainers are longer - 0.740 inches - so I want to test and see if they will stabilitze from my 1 in 14 222 barrels.

Got it, makes perfect sense now.

Thanks,

David

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

Here is an example of 60 gr. bullets fired from my Tikka. They launch at 3000 fps and group @ 0.75 inches @ 100 yd. That works for me.

[Linked Image]

The 65s group the same from a cheapy 223 Savage Axis.

[Linked Image]

The cores are made from lead wire. They are sorted by weight. I do the same with the jackets. It doesn't take much time. For 500 bullets, from beginning to end is about 4 to 5 hrs. It would be longer if I only had one press, but there are three + a pneumatic press to unfold the 22LR cases.

This isn't the best pic, but you can see the three manual bullet presses on the bench and the pneumatic press on the workmate.

[Linked Image]

You certainly do not need all of this to make bullets - one press will do just fine. I assembled this over 15 yrs. It keeps me pleasantly occupied in the winter or on rainy days. Most importantly, it lessens my dependence on bullet companies. That keeps me shooting.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Wondering, let's see. Both belonged to a site, and Steve made a comment to the owner about a possibility if copyright infringement, you end up tossed (surprise with your mangina) yet Steve is making money hand over fist over your cut and paste.

No your wrong, Steve is a Canadian and has his own website and was selling a book/manual on the No.4 Enfield rifle. And to make more money he went to all the Canadian websites saying they were breaking copyright laws if they had the Canadian Military manual for download.

This wasn't good enough for Steve old buddy so he went south of the Canadian border and hit all the American Enfield forums. And stopping the download of the Canadian No.4 manual, the problem is simple Steve lied to make money on the sale of his book. The No.4 Canadian manuals are not copyrighted anymore than a American M1 Garand manual is copyrighted. On top of this I had permission of the Canadian Government to give these manuals away free.

Steves said a email was easy to fake and insisted it was a copyright violation and my Enfield manual sticky in two Enfield forums were shut down. Steve didn't give a rats ass about Enfield owners, and all Steve wanted to do was make money at his Canadian website.

Bottom line here is the link to download the No.4 Canadian manuals. And they are not copyright protected and free for downloading.

1991 No.4 (All Marks) .303 Rifle Manuals (Complete Set)

And 95% of all the Enfield manuals at this site were donated by me to help fellow Enfield owners, and not screw them like Steve did.

So Steve isn't the nice person you think he is and he would slit your throat for a nickle. Trust me I put over ten years collecting books and manuals on the Enfield rifle and was giving them away for free. And Steve Ridgwell lied and shut down every Enfield forum with Enfield manuals for download to make more money.

Remember what you said Steve, you told the owner of the American website that the Canadian Captain at work saw these manuals for download and was going to report the forum for a copyright violation. Now here is the strange part Steve old buddy, what were you and the alleged Canadian Captain doing looking at Enfield milsurp forums when both of you were at work. Yeah right Steve you were worried about a American website being shut down and did this out of the kindness of your heart. $$$$$$$

Steve Ridgwell is a blood sucking leach and should be banned from all websites because of his greed.

Last edited by bigedp51; 09/06/15.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That's a cool set-up Steve. Accuracy would probably be sub 0.25 MOA w/o those damn dimples.

David

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
But I like the dimples! smile Here are some 60 grain bullets with those dimples.

[Linked Image]

The bullet on the left in this pic is a 43 gr. that I make for my Hornet. The other is a 45 gr. Win. SP.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How about this one Steve old buddy, I had a Enfield Manual sticky at Parallax Bills that was shut down by you. And lo and behold a very short lime later you have a link to Parallax Bills adverting his site. You got to love those big business deals Steve old buddy. I mean whats more important, free Enfield manuals for everyone or Steve Ridgwell making money off the same information.

[Linked Image]

Your really a first rate, honest, upstanding individual Steve old buddy. And I will be here to let everyone know what a great guy you really are.

Have a nice day you blood sucking leach.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 44 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,104
Posts18,502,148
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.