-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who's been coming on here and speculating but posting as fact? IMR and H versions of 4198 have been significantly different for quite awhile. Anyone who has a depth of experience "pulling the handle" will probably realize - or should- that burn rate charts, while useful, do not tell one anything about powder formulations.

FWIW, H4831 and H4831SC may be as nearly identical as any two powders available to hand loaders, but they obviously are not exactly the same or they would all bear the same label - (as they may some day if they're just using up stocks of the longer version.) The 4198s apparently work nearly interchangeably in certain applications. However, in straight walled cases like the 45-70 which I've burned more of both in, they clearly are not the same powder.

Pry that big "D" off your forehead and re-read your posts objectively; perhaps you'll see why...

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hawk Driver,
Yeah, it seemed obvious to me too, but there was another thread where people kept guessing about the differences between the powder, especially since IMR4198 is being made in both Australia and Canada. Some people were claiming they were all the same powder now, mostly based on Googling info. So I decided to simply ask Hodgdon, because there’s a guy there would provide a straight answer.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by mathman

Fill out a report.

Large Charlie-Foxtrot

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you go around being thin skinned and butthurt all the time you're going to get ragged.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Hawk Driver,
Yeah, it seemed obvious to me too, but there was another thread where people kept guessing about the differences between the powder, especially since IMR4198 is being made in both Australia and Canada. Some people were claiming they were all the same powder now, mostly based on Googling info. So I decided to simply ask Hodgdon, because there’s a guy there would provide a straight answer.

Mule Deer

I Googled "reloading forums" and found this Charlie-Foxtrot reloading forum. Good job making this site the greatest reloading forum anywhere on the net.

For the rest of you who want to learn more about reloading go to Accurate Shooter. At least there you won't have a famous gun writer pulling the handle of your reloading press for you. And they actually have people there who know how to neck size with minimum neck runout. They are very polite and if you insult anyone or attack a member your banned. You see Accurate Shooter has rules and their site isn't a Charlie-Foxtrot.

Good job Mule Deer of making this site such a wonderful place. But you also must understand the majority of your site visitors see what is here and then leave in disgust.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by bigedp51
Mule Deer

I Googled "reloading forums" and found this Charlie-Foxtrot reloading forum. Good job making this site the greatest reloading forum anywhere on the net.

For the rest of you who want to learn more about reloading go to Accurate Shooter. At least there you won't have a famous gun writer pulling the handle of your reloading press for you. And they actually have people there who know how to neck size with minimum neck runout. They are very polite and if you insult anyone or attack a member your banned. You see Accurate Shooter has rules and their site isn't a Charlie-Foxtrot.

Good job Mule Deer of making this site such a wonderful place. But you also must understand the majority of your site visitors see what is here and then leave in disgust.

If it's so bad here, take advantage of your ability to join the other thin skinned visitors and leave.

BTW, your pinnacle of handloading expertise Accurate Shooter site has an error in a daily bulletin entry from not too long ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mule Deer

The information I posted came from the ADI powder equivalent chart listed below and 2215 is no longer on the chart. And I was guessing about all three powders being the same because I couldn't see them making three powders with the same burn rate.
(standardization between the U.S and Oz)
If I'm wrong then you can serve me crow. cry

http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders/equivalents.asp

And don't say "Thales" too loudly, the Australians don't like the idea of the Frogs owning their powder company.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A G N T S A.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Mule Deer

The information I posted came from the ADI powder equivalent chart listed below and 2215 is no longer on the chart. And I was guessing about all three powders being the same because I couldn't see them making three powders with the same burn rate.

And don't say "Thales" too loudly, the Australians don't like the idea of the Frogs owning their powder company.

Pretty dangerous guess, wasn't it?

Little Larry still hasn't admitted that he was dangerously wrong, and despite his wrong headed guess still attempt hold himself out as an authority, when someone else on the sight can just call the head guy at Hodgdons and get the straight scoop.

Hmmmm, who's the more valuable contributor, they clown that guesses, or the one who can find out for sure?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mule Deer

Proven wrong, slings poo-poo in a different direction.
A real class act.
Bye

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Yep, seems there are two trolls that were posting here.

Question for you bud.
What's the difference between blending a 50/50 Canadian 2015 BR & LT 32/LT30 with the original AA2015 ?

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What do you get when you cross a cow with a pile of dirt? Oops, sorry Swifty, I thought you were telling a riddle too. Answer to mine is ground beef.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dunno know Swift, but impressed that you can form an interrogative sentence. Now shoot for amazing.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 300_savage
What do you get when you cross a cow with a pile of dirt? Oops, sorry Swifty, I thought you were telling a riddle too. Answer to mine is ground beef.

I thought that was " What do you call a cow with no legs...?"

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They are very polite and if you insult anyone or attack a member your banned.

I smell pussy...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
I thought that was " What do you call a cow with no legs...?"

Doesn't matter what you call them, they can't come to you anyway.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hi John -

Sounds like load comparison between 'em would be an interesting basis for an article. The 700 LVSF .221 Fireball I used to own sure liked 4198. I think I used IMR but I wouldn't swear to it.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hi Tom,

I’m probably going to do that. Unfortunately, just got done doing a piece for Handloader, including shooting results of various powders, and different lots of the same powder. Could do another for the Campfire, though.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They are very polite and if you insult anyone or attack a member your banned. You see Accurate Shooter has rules and their site isn't a Charlie-Foxtrot.

I am sure you will fit right in.

Lets recap some of your 100 valuable posts.

Here is one that benefitted Steve Redgwell: "Your really a first rate, honest, upstanding individual Steve old buddy. And I will be here to let everyone know what a great guy you really are.
Have a nice day you blood sucking leach." Seems a tad sarcastic to me. Maybe I misread. Lets take another look.

Here is one to Swifty: "What can I say about a bunch of Yo-Yos that are below my level of intelligence.
I'm traveling at the speed of light and you clowns are not even potty trained yet. " How magnanimous.

Here is some of your help for Higbean : "So come on Higbean and dazzle us with your reloading expertise with some load data you have with a 55 grain bullet and H335. And if you can't then just STFU and be a good boy."

And Mule Deer if you are reading this to learn how to be more polite like good old Ed here, just remember his earlier words to you - "The really sad part is how far you arm chair commandos have lowered the quality of these forums with your stupidity and trashing the postings.

I'm not worried because all you other full time douchebags are making me look good." Just me or anyone else find a tiny bit of irony in that line? Just how good can one look after calling others a douche bag?

And Dirtfarmer: "....And you smart ass and everyone else who didn't even post anything to help the OP will never know what beans and the reading material below have in common. All of you would have enjoyed it but now we are back to the same old fecal debris and you idiots can kiss my backside."

To be fair, Mathman- you must still be basking in the enormous compliment he paid you when he quipped: "Then you must be almost as smart, good looking, funny and modest as I am." How lucky you must feel.

Ed you were right about one thing, that was thanking Mule Deer for his contributions here. Think we all agree it is as different from your own as you say. Enjoy your undoubtedly soon to be curtailed visit to any other 'polite' forum and to quote Curly Bill (Tombstone): "Well. Bye."

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 3,063 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,064
Posts18,501,348
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.