Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Everyone says it's time for an increase, but Noone can give me a good reason why they should get an increase

PGC openly states it won't be used for wildlife. It's all gonna be personnel coat

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What the hell, let them go broke then the legislature can take over responsibility for Pa wildlife and get their hands on those valuable game lands and mineral rights.

GC never will get it right in the eyes of many who can't see past today. Might as well have them lock up the place and let the Democrats have their way with Pa wildlife. Most hunters don't care much one way or the other.

You boys need to write your legislators and put a quick end to this rip off. Then go out and spend the same amount on a night of beer to celebrate the victory. What a joke.

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/04/pen...ual-report-to-legistature/#axzz3lEn1OCGb

Last edited by battue; 09/08/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
WTF don't you get that NONE of this increased revenue will go to wildlife. It's all for wage increases

There is no reason the general fund can't pay wages

Last edited by gitem_12; 09/08/15.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The states hurting for money in every department. If they don't get some sort of increase, they'll just start issuing fines to increase revenue. (Like the DOT or local cops) Either way you'll have me up paying.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If one wants to hunt the King's deer on the King's land, one should have to expect to PAY. The more government involvement the more money you have to pay.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Everyone says it's time for an increase, but Noone can give me a good reason why they should get an increase

PGC openly states it won't be used for wildlife. It's all gonna be personnel coat

Can't run an agency without personnel. Can't get decent personnel for schit wages.

PA is in the red, severely.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WTF don't you get that NONE of this increased revenue will go to wildlife. It's all for wage increases

General fund? PA is running something like a $2B deficit that's only projected to get worse. There is no "general fund".

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think NR LICENSES SHOULD BE 250.00
FOR THE BASIC. 100.00 FOR EACH ENDORSEMENT. AND A 2500.00 SURCHARGE IF YOU'RE FROM JERSEY
LMAO-only $2500?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

General fund? PA is running something like a $2B deficit that's only projected to get worse. There is no "general fund".
And funding the fish and game out of the general fund, IMO, allows a large number of new folks to have a say in how the rules/regs for hunting and fishing are written. Folks you don't want to have a say.

I don't have to pay that amount here in IN, but if they raise it that high I will. It's far from budget breaking for me or anyone else I know who hunts. I'd go nuts not having hunting as an outlet and I don't get to go near as much as I'd like now...

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
With the license increase maybe they can have more money for gas to drive the trucks back into the SGL to stock the pheasants instead of dumping them at the parking areas on the main high ways. After stocking birds RT.160 in Somerset Co. has birds ran over all along the road and they could have driven off the main road on game land roads and stocked. I don't mind paying more because it is still cheap to hunt Pa. but I often wonder if some of the higher ups are over paid and are making rules and don't even hunt and don't listen to the hunters requests. Would like to see a earlier squirrel season like some other states have.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone
Seems pretty reasonable to me. What are you going to do, that is the same price, that is more fun?

175 bucks is reasonable to you for a 2 week deer season?

And waterfowl seasons that close before the migration gets here?

Yes.

Camp is where you make it.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Seems pretty reasonable to me. What are you going to do, that is the same price, that is more fun?

Yes.

Then you obviously make to much money

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Yes.

Or hunting is a higher (financial) priority for him than you...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Yes.

And you are obviously a yankee

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Wait, what......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excuse me, PA is claiming only a $1.2B "structural deficit" for this Fiscal Year. Of course, that comes largely with kicking the can down the road (again), because the deficit balloons to over $2B again in FY16-17, and continues to increase at an unknown rate beyond that

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/06/budget_negotiators_have_define.html

PA's budget problem - http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/12/19_billion_deficit_is_gov-elec.html

Working age people leaving the state in droves, increases in old people and retirees -

Much of the problem is attributable to the state's aging population. Between 2010 and 2020, the number of residents age 19 and under will decrease 2.6 percent at the same time the number of people 65 and over expands by 29.4 percent.

"Older residents tend to spend more of their income on nontaxable items, like health care and prescription drugs," Knittel said. "At the same time, there's more demand on healthcare and transportation services.

Knittel said that population shift means that income tax revenue will continue to fall while costs associated with medical programs increase. Meanwhile, the population's longevity will lead to more pressure on the state's already overburdened pension system.

[Linked Image]

Oh, and the state pension system -

According to the report, the state's pension contributions are expected to increase 18.3 percent to nearly $1.7 billion this year. By 2020, those annual contributions will reach more than $3.3 billion.

[Linked Image]

Basically, the state is bankrupt and getting worse because there are WAY too many people on the state pension, too many retirees, and nothing for working age people to do that justifies the expense of staying there (so they leave). The revenue base continues to shrink and the expenses continue to grow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to hunt Pa., as a NR, after I moved.
It's a deal.
Least you can count on hunting every year, have a camp, and enjoy long seasons.

Look up NM if you wanna see a suck place.
I haven't drawn a deer tag in 12 years.

Stop you whining, pay the fees, and enjoy what you have.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Lmao

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pointer understands the reason to keep the GC as independent as possible from the general fund. Sean understands GC is hurting financially and Gitem thinks he knows how much someone should make or be willing to spend on their hobbies.

Just came from the dentist. Be a good idea to make what I can while I can. Nothing of value costs what it did 16 years ago. Hunting included.

laissez les bons temps rouler
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by battue
Pointer understands the reason to keep the GC as independent as possible from the general fund. Sean understands GC is hurting financially and Gitem thinks he knows how much someone should make or be willing to spend on their hobbies.

Just came from the dentist. Be a good idea to make what I can while I can. Nothing of value costs what it did 16 years ago. Hunting included.

What I think is that PGC is an over bloated agency

They have 714 employees, yet they think they need 86 million to fund those 714, something is askew

Ain't no game warden worth more than 20,000 a year. Benefits included

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,025
Posts18,500,501
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.