Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
In 1972 - I was rear-ended 7 times in the year (got where I cringed every time I hit the brakes)
Been in 2 roll-overs - blowout while I was driving, and once as a passenger.
I've hit a steer, a deer, and a horse.
Was the 3d hit (from behind) in 4 cars involved another time.
I've hit the median at high speed twice to avoid wrong-way drivers on the interstate (no damage, luckily)
Was in a school bus that got hit in 1963.
Had a mirror taken off my truck by an oncoming pickup, that crossed the center-line, on a narrow road in 1989.
I'm sure some escape memory right now.
Good lord, the friggin' Iowans don't even have that kind of luck!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Words of advice for all. Do not get hit by any type of 18 wheeler. Especially and 18 yard end dump. But if you must, an empty one is prolly best.
Shall we review those 100+ semi pileups last winter? crazy

Trying your damndest to get the hell out of their way sometimes just doesn't work either.

wink

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trying your damndest to get the hell out of their way sometimes just doesn't work either.

wink

That's what the cervids used to say about me...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've been in 3. The first one was my fault when I was 16. I slid down a hill in slush, crossed the center line and hit a car coming up the hill.

Two, an improperly hooked trailer came off a the truck driven by a drunk bitch, and hit my car with me, my wife, and two very young kids in it. I was livid. If it would have been a man in the truck, there would have been injuries. Severe ones.

3) I got rear ended on my way to work by a smoking hot college chick that thought because she was one of the hottest women I've ever seen I wouldn't call the cops and file a report...she was wrong. smile

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Worst were all on purpose. While subbing for govt contractor,being the principle in the scenario for students, I was in three pit maneuvers and two T-bone collisions all in the same day.

I was sore as all Hell the next day!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have had one fender bender on the way to work early one morning. He pulled out in front of me at a drive way. I got hit head on in 1972 by a big Ford (LTD ?) That was a painful one as I was on my motorcycle. I drove well over the two million mile mark for my employer with a accident free record. I had many close calls.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About 7 or 8 years ago I was driving toward Boise at night across the desert. It was a beautiful clear night with the moon and stars shining. I was running about 75 when I suddenly hit a fog bank. It instantly went from 5 miles visibility to 5'. My windshield iced over almost immediately. All I could see was the center line. I sure smoked the brakes trying go get slowed down. It lasted less than 1/2 mile but it was sure scary.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Words of advice for all. Do not get hit by any type of 18 wheeler. Especially and 18 yard end dump. But if you must, an empty one is prolly best.
Shall we review those 100+ semi pileups last winter? crazy

wink

That's why all the trucks are now getting those huge, "car-catcher" over-grills added on, so that they get less damage when cars won't get out of their way.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I rammed a little Old Lady in the ass end in Orlando FL in the early 80s...I was looking at a Girl in a G string selling Hot Dogs on the corner..... Thought for sure I would get fired over that one...Boss said He Had about wrecked looking at her too. grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,733 guests, and 1,000 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,594
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.