-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Doe permit deadline has come and passed. 'Don't stand a chance in Haities of getting drawn, but it still gets the blood pumpin'. I snagged another metro spot to hunt yesterday. A lady came in my shop and said she had a deer problem. 'Guess I'm the man for the job. Same story-can't grow anything-the deer eat it all. Says she's got way too many of them around and wants them gone. Yesterday. Will go scout it this weekend. Man, I'm gonna be busier that Tom Brady's ball boys with all these spots to hunt this fall. It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my trigger finger is getting itchy. crazy

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Do you have any spots in 601?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Lucky dog GG. Congrats to you sir. If its in the area. You ever need help dragging let me know. Send me a pm if want. If not no worries.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Weellllllll. I would say it's getting close to being "on" since I have officially started the deer camp beard.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to call the lady today and plan on scouting it and the other spot I got in Lakeville tomorrow. I'm learning that if I just keep my ears open and talk to my customers at the Vision Center when I'm working, it's starting to open some doors. I'll still go up north for the gun opener, and plan on going up to see Tom and his kids too, but I'm going to be seeing a shift in my hunting time. There's nothing wrong with a 10 minute ride to the Happy Hunting Grounds instead of a 3 hour drive north of the Cities.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I am getting myself set between the ears to do this methodically at home. Last year I did in four of the brown goats that ate everything. This year, I'd really like to reduce them by four again, but the cameras are telling me that only two will be easy. Since last fall, there's been 6/7 that I know of killed on the roads here. I expect them to move into better habitat closer to my house as fall goes on which will help get them under control. The main problem with suburban deer is that where you kill them you have to be careful they don't go die in front of someone's dining room window. That and quiet is much better than loud. What the neighbors don't see or hear doesn't bother them. Even seeing a gutted deer go down the road in the trailer behind my lawn tractor is OK.

It's a strange year for deer in Minnesota. Places like where I live and in North Branch have way too many deer. Apparently down your way is the same. Hinckley area is way down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I drew my statewide any deer muzzlestuffer tag. that means I have 3 either sex deer tags and an elk. I'm planning on filling them all as the season progresses. cool this morning and really smelling like fall. woohoo!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sounds like you are going to have a fun fall Ryan!! Both my son and I drew whitetail tags in northern Perkins County again this year. We had them last year as well and are looking forward to hunting there again this fall. I really enjoy hunting there. I have been going nearly every year since the late '70s.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
went and put out a few cameras, and looked at the stands on my friends place.
quite a few tracks here and there, but the corn is still 10 feet tall.heres a good sized forky toe track,with a quarter for scale.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Going to scout two spots in Lakeville and Credit River tomorrow. Can't wait to get my boots dirty and see what's out there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So I get up this morning to let the dog out and there's a doe and twin fawns standing in my front yard in the light. Man, it's TIME!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
starts Saturday morning. grin

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I hope those tracts are not all you get to make soup with:-)

Marine Corps, Mason, NRA Life Member & Cherokee
May you always know the Great Spirit is with you.
Years ago I swore an oath to defend the constitution against all enemies foreign & DOMESTIC and no one has relieved me of that oath!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,387
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.