Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Your desperation practically screams out.

No desperation here. In fact, I've not met anyone outside of the Californians on here who support Fiorina.

Her past "accomplishments" pretty much suck and all she can answer in defense is, "They picked on me because I'm a woman". Now, her pro abortion stance has hit the news.

She's not going to make the cut.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Your desperation practically screams out.

No desperation here. In fact, I've not met anyone outside of the Californians on here who support Fiorina.

Her past "accomplishments" pretty much suck and all she can answer in defense is, "They picked on me because I'm a woman". Now, her pro abortion stance has hit the news.

She's not going to make the cut.

But of course the practical result of the two competing positions is that your's is the pro-abortion stance because it is the one stance which will guarantee the perpetuation of the status quo into perpetuity. You are very much like the abolitionists Lincoln had to contend with during the fight over slavery. Had Lincoln adopted the abolitionist position, he would never have been elected and slavery would have become the law of the land. Effectively then, in their extremism, the abolitionists were actually working on the side of the preservation of slavery. Likewise, in adopting a position at the outset which can never result in the election of a candidate willing to appoint conservative, anti-Roe judges, you guarantee that Roe will go unchallenged into perpetuity.

You should study up on the concept of Aristotelian prudence. wink

Last edited by RobJordan; 09/19/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So, she invested in a company which had an investment in another company which had a web site that advertised abortion as safe? Is that all you've got Bristoe! laugh Your desperation practically screams out. The real proponent of abortion here is the one who insist on taking a position so extreme that it will never result in a change in the status quo. That's you Bristoe.

Ahh, Blumpkin. You're on retard-fire this morning!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pro-abortionists love it when ya' 'compromise' with em'.

Illegal immigrants love it when ya' 'compromise' with em'.

Radical Muslims love it when ya' 'compromise' with em'.

When a camel gets his nose in the tent...he's comin' in...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
From Wiki:

Abortion[edit]

Fiorina describes herself as pro-life.[223] She has expressed support for legislation to ban abortions 20 weeks after fertilization, with an exception for cases of rape, incest, or danger to the life of the mother.[224] Fiorina supports overturning Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling by the Supreme Court which legalized abortion in the United States.[224]

The National Right to Life Committee, the Susan B. Anthony List and the California ProLife Council all endorsed Fiorina's 2010 U.S. Senate campaign in California.[225]

Fiorina supports eliminating federal funding for Planned Parenthood,[223][226] The use of federal funds for abortions is mostly banned under current law.[226]

In a September 2015 Republican presidential candidates' debate on CNN, Fiorina attacked Planned Parenthood, referencing secret recordings made by the anti-abortion Center for Medical Progress group, stating "I dare Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama to watch these tapes. Watch a fully formed fetus on the table, its heart beating, its legs kicking, while someone says, 'We have to keep it alive to harvest its brain.'"[227] The New York Times reported that "while the authenticity of the videos remains a subject of debate, Mrs. Fiorina appears to have exaggerated their contents,"[228] while PolitiFact rated Fiorina's statement "mostly false," noting that the video contains stock footage of a fetus added for dramatic effect.[227] Fiorina made it sound as if there is actual footage of Planned Parenthood examining an aborted fetus whose heart is still beating, which there wasn't.[227] The Annenberg Public Policy Center's FactCheck.org also noted that the scene that Fiorina urged others to watch is not present in any of the videos.[228][229] PolitiFact found that Fiorina's reference was likely to "grisly stock footage of a fetus outside the womb" paired for dramatic purposes interview with a woman who describes a scene "similar to the one Fiorina describes."[227] Politifact added that there is "nothing else in the video to corroborate" the woman's story and that the supervisor in the woman's account "does not say anything about keeping the fetus alive specifically for the purpose of harvesting the brain."[227] As for the stock footage, "We don't know the circumstances behind this video: where it came from, under what conditions it was obtained, or even if this fetus was actually aborted (as opposed to a premature birth or miscarriage)."[227]

Antlers:

The camel's nose is already in the tent on abortion. Did you not know that? blush laugh The question is how best to get it out. You want to use the word "compromise" to disparage any political position which will result in fewer abortions. (You are exactly like the slavery abolitionists whose position, had it prevailed, would have guaranteed the indefinite extension and perpetuation of slavery!) But what if your preferred position (ban all abortionsn, on exceptions) has zero public support, and then zero chance of enactment, whereas the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act has broad, bi-partisan consensus, had broad public support and therefore has an excellent chance of passing? Does that mean all the pro-life groups who support it are actually pro-abortion too?! crazy Is it not far better to get passage of that bill, than to take a position that will result in no reductions in abortions? Who then is actually pro-abortion? Its not your statements that matter, its the results!!

Fiorina is every bit as strong as Trump on immigration. The difference is, she was proposing sealing the border while Trump was a registered Democrat clamoring for amnesty grants (when he was pro-illegal immigration before he was against illegal immigration).

Billy-Goat
(aka "Blumpkin lover" wink ):

As near as I can tell, no one on this site had a clue there was any such thing as "blumpkin" until you educated us. (The term "Trumpkin" was coined by a political commentator a few months ago. You'll have to ask him if he knew what a "blumpkin" was when he coined the term. Personally, I don't see the connection, it appears to be to combine "Pumpkin" and "Trump" for obvious reasons, but perhaps for someone such as yourself, someone with "blumpkin" on the brain", every alliteration speaks "blumpkin". laugh sick

If you want to spend your time on the web learning about fecal-sexual activity (or perhaps is something you practice in real life), knock yourself out! sick But don't project your perverse fecal-sexual fixations onto others by calling them the name of the very sick act about which you appear to know more than anyone on this site and in which you appear to have an abiding interest in.! sick sick shocked

Last edited by RobJordan; 09/19/15.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yet she had her emotional outburst on Planned Parenthood. Oh My

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
From Wiki:

Wiki isn't a reliable source of info. Anybody can put anything they want on wiki.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
From Wiki:

Wiki isn't a reliable source of info. Anybody can put anything they want on wiki.

Uh, no they can't (the site is edited). But, conceding that all sources of information are potentially unreliable: which information from Wiki, regarding her position on abortion (and the numerous pro-life affiliations and previous pro-life endorsements) is not accurate? What, if any of the information listed (re abortion), is false? Please, do tell!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There's no way she can get elected with that stance. Especially after all of the Planned Parenthood videos going around these days.

Abortion isn't an issue that a GOP candidate can straddle the fence on.

Trump 2011: I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice
Donald Trump shocked attendees at the conservative CPAC conference in February when he declared himself pro-life after years of supporting the pro-abortion position. Several months ago, when questioned about his position, Trump responded by saying the public "would be surprised" by his stance and, in an interview with Laura Ingraham from Fox News leading up to the conference, Trump characterized himself as "pro-life" and he repeated that apparent reversal when he told the audience at CPAC, "I am pro-life" and pledged to fight for the reversal of ObamaCare, which contains abortion funding loopholes.

Mr. Trump, 1999 Meet the Press:
Well, I'm very pro-choice. I hate the concept of abortion. I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. I cringe when I listen to people debate the subject. But, you still, I just believe in choice.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've never heard of a man changing his position on life issues after 16 years. Simply not possible.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He's starting to sound like Romney. Guess I'll have to support him. blush wink

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Fiorina, like most politicians is in favor of saying what ever the audience at the time wants to hear.

A huge number of Republican evangelicals are her audience and they don't want to hear that she's okay with abortions up to 5 months.

Major blunder on her part.

As a christian conservative, I DO NOT support her stance!

This is a MAJOR obstacle for her to gain my support.

I still firmly support Ted Cruz!

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 09/19/15.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump is smart enough to know he can't be elected.

Fiorina ain't.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Fiorina, like most politicians is in favor of saying what ever the audience at the time wants to hear.

A huge number of Republican evangelicals are her audience and they don't want to hear that she's okay with abortions up to 5 months.

Major blunder on her part.

As a christian conservative, I DO NOT support her stance!

This is a MAJOR obstacle for her to gain my support.

I still firmly support Ted Cruz!

Dixie Rebel, re-read the thread. In the first place, she does not support abortions before 5 months. What she said on Couric's program is (in so many words) when Couric tried to paint her into an extreme corner, she countered with the Dem's extremism (it isn't a life until it leaves the hospital) and then pointed out that the large majority of Americans agree that abortion beyond 5 months is wrong (except in cases of rape or incest). So her point was, let's pass the pain-capable fetus act to stop these mid- to later term abortions.

If you re-read the thread, the argument is unassailable: a position on abortion that insists on a complete ban or nothing, will result in more abortions, not less... So then, who really is "pro-abortion"?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Anybody can read the transcript and see what she said. The link is posted.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Basically, it's painful to read, because it's made obvious that Fiorina is too chickenshit to be anti abortion. She keeps talking, "common ground,...common ground".

There is no common ground on abortion.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
And keep in mind. This wasn't an interview from a long time ago. It was just a few weeks ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know.... Bowsinger managed to be in love with Palin without hatin' everbody else.

Now Rob Jordon is different.. His love for Carly is exceeded only by his hatred of Trump.

That qualifies him as a Double Barreled Idiot.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by antlers
When a camel gets his nose in the tent...he's comin' in...!

Ummm ... not exactly: if you hadn't noticed, the camel already has possession of the tent. Ignoring that is not going to lead to success. You can't get the tent back on your terms. You either abandon the tent or hold your nose and negotiate with enough people to retake it. You can't have the high ground and the tent. That's how the camel got the tent in the first place. One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing expecting the results to change. It's happening AGAIN and the knuckleheads are either too stupid or too deep in denial to see it.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by T_O_M
You can't get the tent back on your terms.

That's yet to be proven. But one thing is for sure. If you can't have the tent on your terms, then the tent is worthless.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 204guy, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,534
Posts18,530,997
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.