A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Gus
word on the street is that the first person to fly was an Islamic worshipper. the bad news is the impact when he hit the ground was almost fatal. and possibly was, a bit later.

somebody in Islam made the decision not to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics any longer. it was interpreted as going against the "will of God."

the emphasis then shifted to Europe/Ireland as they awoke from the dark ages.

fast forward to today, and you can get the gist of why they refer to us as Great Satan, and lil Satan, respectively.

if we don't learn from history, we are bound to repeat it, some great Sufi sage once said. wink
Have you been inside the graduate school of any of our universities? The majority of the students are Muslims from one country or another. They're very much pursuing education while American kids are avoiding the hard subjects.

does that mean they are crossing over to the dark side, while at least a small number of our kids are opting to join ISIS? i'm just trying to understand.

actually, the fact that the muslims, and asians are wanting to fill our university seats bodes well for optimism. it indicates that the quest for knowledge (and understanding) lives on.

but it is a shame when a foreigner takes the seat of a born & raised American.

Gus, Culture is largely a result of geography. There isn't much need for science when you spend your says trying to find enough water for your goat herd. As Muslims move out of the desert and into more modern settings, over time, their culture shifts to the local conditions. This happened in Moorish Spain in the 800-1100's, ans will happen again after several generation for the Muslims who emigrate to temperate climates.

Rock Chuck give a good example of this. Recently I finished a degree, and there were many Arab and Asian students. It was interesting to note the Arab students did not come from Afghanistan or Pakistan, but the Gulf states where they had running water and proper sanitation. We did have some with families from places Syria and Yemen, but they were all second or third generation Americans and moderately to thoroughly westernized.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see Bristoe has taken up the I hate Trump Fiorina gauntlet...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus
word on the street is that the first person to fly was an Islamic worshipper. the bad news is the impact when he hit the ground was almost fatal. and possibly was, a bit later.

somebody in Islam made the decision not to pursue science, technology, engineering, and mathematics any longer. it was interpreted as going against the "will of God."

fast forward to today, and you can get the gist of why they refer to us as Great Satan, and lil Satan, respectively.

if we don't learn from history, we are bound to repeat it, some great Sufi sage once said. wink
Have you been inside the graduate school of any of our universities? The majority of the students are Muslims from one country or another. They're very much pursuing education while American kids are avoiding the hard subjects.

does that mean they are crossing over to the dark side, while at least a small number of our kids are opting to join ISIS? i'm just trying to understand.

actually, the fact that the muslims, and asians are wanting to fill our university seats bodes well for optimism. it indicates that the quest for knowledge (and understanding) lives on.

Gus, Culture is largely a result of geography. There isn't much need for science when you spend your says trying to find enough water for your goat herd. As Muslims move out of the desert and into more modern settings, over time, their culture shifts to the local conditions. This happened in Moorish Spain in the 800-1100's, ans will happen again after several generation for the Muslims who emigrate to temperate climates.

Rock Chuck give a good example of this. Recently I finished a degree, and there were many Arab and Asian students. It was interesting to note the Arab students did not come from Afghanistan or Pakistan, but the Gulf states where they had running water and proper sanitation. We did have some with families from places Syria and Yemen, but they were all second or third generation Americans and moderately to thoroughly westernized.

firstly, congrats on your newly minted degree. that's good to know.

it seems there is a genuine hunger for knowledge and understanding in this world, no matter the geographic reason, color of the skin, or language spoken.

all of the above tells this layman that education remains job one. but, i still am not happy to see university seats filled by foreigners. but, i'm sure there's not much i can do about it.

maybe they'll take their diplomas and go home, and promote the importance and values of mega-cities?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

firstly, congrats on your newly minted degree. that's good to know.

it seems there is a genuine hunger for knowledge and understanding in this world, no matter the geographic reason, color of the skin, or language spoken.

all of the above tells this layman that education remains job one. but, i still am not happy to see university seats filled by foreigners. but, i'm sure there's not much i can do about it.

maybe they'll take their diplomas and go home, and promote the importance and values of mega-cities?

Thank-you Gus. It only took me 25 years, but I finally finished.

Gus, if we want America to be the greatest nation on earth, it needs to be filled with the brightest, best educated people the world has to offer.

If we spend all that time and effort to screen for the brightest and provide them a world class education, why should we send them away and let someone else benefit from that education?

I'm not saying we should keep them all, but those who can innovate and create new technologies and new jobs, lets keep those creations here.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/19/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

in the long-run, seeding foreign countries with our ideologies is probably a big plus. but, we might not harvest the rewards in our lifetime.

of course, some who are educated in the US sees the advantages of remaining here. others won't be able to wait a single minute to get back home to the middle east, asia, or africa. and who can blame them?

anyways, the seeds will have been sown.

but, i agree. keeping highly trained talent State-side is a worthy effort to pursue.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
It's likely in the short term it would be to our advantage to evict them from the US. in the long-run, seeding foreign countries with our ideologies is probably a big plus. but, we might harvest the rewards in our lifetime.

of course, some who are educated in the US sees the advantages of remaining here. others won't be able to wait a single minute to get back home to the middle east, Asia, or Africa. and who can blame them?

anyways, the seeds will have been sown.

Gus, I didn't meet a single foreign student who "couldn't wait" to go back home. Some of these kids were stupid rich in their home countries, but still preferred our life style over that of their native lands.

Keep in mind, I didn't say we should keep all of them, just the best and brightest. I say we should go a step further and be more aggressive about encouraging the emigration of best and brightest of other countries to ours.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yeah, if we could only manage to devise or invent an electro-magnet that would only attract the brightest, and best trained that walks the Earth.

unfortunately, with our unfocused technology the magnet draws in all kins of riff-raff trash fish along with the most valuable ones to help support our culture.

surely we'll find a way to segment out the trash fish, so to speak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not favoring her (or anyone) as a candidate at this time, but having read the entire Fiorina speech (rather than the twisted context news article) one has to quesion why anyone interested in having well-educated, thoughtful and forthright people run for high office would attack Fiorina on this one. She said that civilization "was" great and presented some interesting info that many of us may have heard at one time or another but don't necessarily keep frontal in our minds. And, the speech was an "educational" effort made many years ago - not presented in the current cultural and political context.

Quite frequently, particularly in recent years, I have thought through those studies of the fertile crescent, the Ottomans, etc. and have been struck by the stark contrast of current conditions and behaviors in that part of the world. That contrast has meaning to some people.

Another thought - we had a junior high school principal in the mid-50s that was an absolute delight - brilliant, principled, disciplined, showed respect and love for us as students and constantly worked to help bring out the best in us. He was very good for me. A middle school principal operating like that today would be worth his weight in gold. He had a shiny bald billiard ball head and he his two children (excellent students and lovely kids) looked "different". In a way, he was somewhat a mystery man but we admired him and called him "JoJo" because his name was Joseph Maron Joseph. I have since realized that, in the home of his Syrian parents, he would have been Youseff Youseff. Times have changed in many ways, but high principle and excellence have not.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
How many of those "Greatest Civilization" people is she willing to allow into The U.S.A.?
That civilization was only great in comparison to the the rest of the world at that time.

[Linked Image from ]
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, look at history. The Islamic world gave us astronomy, mathematics, Arabic numbers, etc. But that was then, today ... not so much so.

IC B3

pak Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do not think it was the Islamic influence that gave us astronomy, math, zero and the like. The flow of technology during the Persian and Mesopotamian eras was from East to West. As the Islamic influence grew that flow was considerably slowed, stopped and the flow reversed from West to East.

'Often mistaken, never in doubt'

'Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge' Darwin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
How many of those "Greatest Civilization" people is she willing to allow into The U.S.A.?
I never would have believed you were such an easy pawn. I thought you had some discernment and critical thinking, but it appears none of that was the case. Pity.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Carly Fiorina made this speech in Minneapolis,Mn September 26,2001 just 15 days after that "GREAT NATION" hammered the hell out of this GREAT NATION in N.Y.C...WHY?Also,her company was selling hundreds of millions of dollars of equipment to sanctioned Islamics...WHY?She claims to be an OUTSIDER,but she has been promoting herself for one office or another for years.How is she an outsider?POOR CARLY!!! blush

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Donald would not hire her to run one of his Companies and I would not hire her to run The USA.

Last edited by Huntz; 09/20/15.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the problem with muslims, is that they never got past the middle ages. Yeah, they did great things, and then they just stopped.................

"The Tigris and Euphrates: Birthplace of civilization, and not a damn thing has happened since."

A wise man is frequently humbled.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
A Scientist explains what happened to Islam:

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
ok, i've listened to every single word. and i've heard it all before.

so, now, what are we going to do with 7 billion plus people inhabiting the Earth, and no-one is looking forward?

surely, there's a plan, aren't there?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,125
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.