Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Buckmark bolt-ons from Tandemkross. Mag bumpers and a no-logo charging ring. Done with upgrades until my can comes in......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What are you using for packing it around - holster / something else?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I haven't got around to making a kydex holster yet. I'm waiting until I get my can. Will prolly chitcan the laser when I put on the tacsol......

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JGray
What are you using for packing it around - holster / something else?

That's the problem with the Buckmark and cans. I don't think any such monster exists.

I'm going to have a custom made. Shoulder rig.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My Google fu hasn't turned up anything, so custom is likely it - need to accommodate the reflex sight anyway...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks - I understand the Mk I,II,III series holsters fit the Buckmarks and I've been poking around for Ruger holsters. I did see that one but wasn't sure the synthetic material would have enough give for a universal type fit. That would be good one if it fits. Sportsman's Guide has a leather one for scoped Rugers that may be an option also but looks kind of bulky.

http://www.amazon.com/Ruger-MK-III-Scoped-Holster/dp/B004Z01PVO

Last edited by JGray; 09/26/15.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The Black Dog doesn't work with the Buckmark. I tried.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My Buckmark seems to fit very well in a leather 1911 belt slide, in case you already have one handy - open bottom so length doesn't matter but muzzle damage might smile

Last edited by alukban; 09/27/15.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That charging ring looks like a good addition. Unfortunately it won't work with my older (cheaper?) model BM as it doesn't have the rear cocking serrations and ears. My biggest complaint with mine is the lack of serrations on the slide flats, only in the scallops, which make charging or clearing the chamber difficult.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by alukban
My Buckmark seems to fit very well in a leather 1911 belt slide, in case you already have one handy - open bottom so length doesn't matter but muzzle damage might smile

I don't really like the open bottom holsters with the suppressor. Got a muzzle full of dirt once.

I'm just going to have a custom made for it. Leather is cooler anyway.

Travis

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave
The Black Dog doesn't work with the Buckmark. I tried.

Travis

Interesting - on other sites, I've seen Tandemkross advertising that Blackdog holster as being for Rugers and Buckmarks. I'll take your word for it and start with something else. That leather one from Sportsman's Guide is supposed to work well...

Last edited by JGray; 09/27/15.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Nah. I tried it. No worky.

Travis

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Mine isn't cool like you guys have, but has many miles on it and is carried at least part of every day. They are, I think, the very best "basic" kind of sidearm available, for civilians/old farmers/knock-arounders. Because the little suckers shoot, they really do.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I haven't got around to making a kydex holster yet. I'm waiting until I get my can. Will prolly chitcan the laser when I put on the tacsol......

Just found this kydex unit on ebay - looks like it may work with the Fastfire as is or with a little trimming. I'll post it up when it gets here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181514500639

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, my fix isn't as purdy as some of you might need.... but I simply took an Uncle Mikes nylon holster for said Buckmark and trimmed the top section out to allow carry with the reflex sight on-board....

I don't have a "can" so that's a non-issue. The holster works perfect for trail travel and knocking charging diggers on their azz......

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've considered cutting a nylon holster like that - seems like a few have done it with good results. I contacted Simply Rugged - they can do their Cattleman in strong side or cross draw, but no pancake option to work with their Chesty Puller harness. I'm currently trading emails with Bob Mernickle on his chest rig. He has a mold for the slab side Buckmark, but not the bull barrel. He's checking with his mold guy on a bull barrel possibility.

The kydex unit I linked to above was a no go - the aluminum shroud barrel doesn't have the step down and is too big. I'm about to order a HPG kit bag and be done - that's making the most sense at the moment.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I flat love my buckmark. I have a 22/45 and a Ruger target, but the relationship between me and the buckmark are solid. I'm around 2000 rounds since cleaning this thing and can't recall a hangup. I have never taken it apart in 10 years and just spray it out with carb cleaner.

Mrs and I were busting clays at 80 paces yesterday with about a 3 to hit average.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by high_country_
I flat love my buckmark. I have a 22/45 and a Ruger target, but the relationship between me and the buckmark are solid. I'm around 2000 rounds since cleaning this thing and can't recall a hangup. I have never taken it apart in 10 years and just spray it out with carb cleaner.

Mrs and I were busting clays at 80 paces yesterday with about a 3 to hit average.

Yup, me too!

I took the BM along with a new SR22 to the range yesterday.
I used the BM with the reflex sight to polish off some clay birds at the 100 yard mark... I don't hit them every shot, but off bags and taking my time, I'm pretty consistent.

The BM trigger is much better than that of the Ruger, but the two also have different purposes for me and work well.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
JGray,

Does yours have a can? If so, the Kit Bag sucks. I have one of those too.

And don't forget about my man Norm. He'll make you whatever the fugk you want.

http://www.montanaholster.com/

Travis

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 48 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.