Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Regarding the thread topic, if the woman was following Spiritual Principles, she would simply have resigned with no fanfare.

Her actions are a classic case of the conflict between Religiosity and Spirituality.

I hope that you run and are elected Sheriff, and a Federal Judge orders you to confiscate all "assault weapons" in your jurisdiction.

The first reply to Judicial overreach is civil disobedience...not resignation.

Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 09/28/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you take their money, you do your job.

If the job violates your principles, you quit it.

It really is THAT simple.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gene - sometimes folks on here behave, and argue, as if their navel is the center of the universe. This seems particularly true of those who go to ridiculous extremes trying to bash Christians by citing and ridiculing "religion" (whatever that may be to them). Could it be that the simplicity and forthrightness of living a life of faith, according to certain values and principles, is beyond their ken?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Gene - sometimes folks on here behave, and argue, as if their navel is the center of the universe. This seems particularly true of those who go to ridiculous extremes trying to bash Christians by citing and ridiculing "religion" (whatever that may be to them). Could it be that the simplicity and forthrightness of living a life of faith, according to certain values and principles, is beyond their ken?

Just because someone doesn't share your values and principles, doesn't mean they do not live by values and principles.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Just because someone doesn't share your values and principles, doesn't mean they do not live by values and principles.

That's true, of course. But what is their origin? Why are they so similar, even across cultural boundaries?

Most people think they have an inborn sense of right and wrong.This is the most prevalent evidence of a Supernatural Force which seems to be interested in our behavior.

The whole notion that it comes from "enlightened self interest" is one of the more ridiculous mental contortions atheists come up with to explain away any hint of any dimension other than the physical.

"Abandonment of Self" is what's printed on the ticket to the Spiritual Dimension. The intellect is the most prized possession of the Self, and it takes a tremendous exertion of the Will to surrender it.

Most can't do it.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If you take their money, you do your job.

If the job violates your principles, you quit it.

It really is THAT simple.

I guess now would be a good time to throw the Civil Rights Act and all subsequent addendum out the door.

Everyone should have just quit in the first place.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

That's true, of course. But what is their origin? Why are they so similar, even across cultural boundaries?

Most people think they have an inborn sense of right and wrong.This is the most prevalent evidence of a Supernatural Force which seems to be interested in our behavior.

You make a good point.

The older apologist referred to what you describe (Supernatural Force) interested in out behavior as Natural Law.

C.S. Lewis does a good job of making the case for Natural Law in his book Mere Christianity.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The whole notion that it comes from "enlightened self interest" is one of the more ridiculous mental contortions atheists come up with to explain away any hint of any dimension other than the physical.

"Abandonment of Self" is what's printed on the ticket to the Spiritual Dimension. The intellect is the most prized possession of the Self, and it takes a tremendous exertion of the Will to surrender it.

Most can't do it.

When Adam Smith wrote about the invisible hand, he was writing about Free Markets, not God.

As for surrendering our facilities of reasoning and objective understanding as being some kind of moral good, that beyond absurd. I'm surprised to hear you promoting Democrats as morally superior.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As for surrendering our facilities of reasoning and objective understanding as being some kind of moral good, that beyond absurd. I'm surprised to hear you promoting Democrats as morally superior.

The English - or spelling - or both - seem somewhat fractured there so, if at all interested, one has to assume some intent by AS. The previous writer seemed to be saying that, even when bashers of Christians and God do employ reasoning and what they think is objectivity - and even when they do operate on what they consider to be moral values/principles - they still seem to be missing something BIG. And that, in order to get to the BIG level, they have to move beyond ("abandon") utter and complete dependence on limited human reasoning and the ever-elusive human "proof". Seems to me that would take some trust - even maybe courage. Merely speculating - not my lot, as a human, to declare any such things.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Adam Smith's invisible hand is a straw-man in the context of a reply to the post.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The English - or spelling - or both - seem somewhat fractured there so, if at all interested, one has to assume some intent by AS. The previous writer seemed to be saying that, even when bashers of Christians and God do employ reasoning and what they think is objectivity - and even when they do operate on what they consider to be moral values/principles - they still seem to be missing something BIG. And that, in order to get to the BIG level, they have to move beyond ("abandon") utter and complete dependence on limited human reasoning and the ever-elusive human "proof". Seems to me that would take some trust - even maybe courage. Merely speculating - not my lot, as a human, to declare any such things.

Abandon your reason for faith, faith in a book written 2-3.5k years ago by primitive goat herders, who's solution to everything included either animal, or human sacrifice.

Once again, you are also resorting to deceptive word game. I've never asked you for proof, just evidence, and you concede you have none to offer.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hey, don't knock the goat herders. I'll be pit cooking a goat for Christmas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Regarding the thread topic, if the woman was following Spiritual Principles, she would simply have resigned with no fanfare.

Her actions are a classic case of the conflict between Religiosity and Spirituality.

I hope that you run and are elected Sheriff, and a Federal Judge orders you to confiscate all "assault weapons" in your jurisdiction.

Gene's pegged it squarely. Of course, the clerk in question only has a problem with "spiritually derived laws" when it applies to gays getting a gov't license to marry so they can get .gov benefits regarding taxes, inheritances, insurances, etc., yet she has NO use for said spiritual laws when she's screwing around on husband #1, conceiving children out of wedlock against the marriage with #1 with eventual #3, then divorcing #1 while engaged in extramarital sex with #2; then continuing the affair with #3 while married to #2, until divorcing him for now #3...

Such a devout, strict "Christian"... Except when it comes to her.

Oh, and then there's the "I don't want to do my job, but I want to keep it and the pay and the benefits" part.

What a "hero"...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hey, don't knock the goat herders. I'll be pit cooking a goat for Christmas.

GB, Don't get me wrong.

I enjoy roasted goat. Just don't ask me to read the entrails to tell your fortune.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 4ager

Gene's pegged it squarely. Of course, the clerk in question only has a problem with "spiritually derived laws" when it applies to gays getting a gov't license to marry so they can get .gov benefits regarding taxes, inheritances, insurances, etc., yet she has NO use for said spiritual laws when she's screwing around on husband #1, conceiving children out of wedlock against the marriage with #1 with eventual #3, then divorcing #1 while engaged in extramarital sex with #2; then continuing the affair with #3 while married to #2, until divorcing him for now #3...

Oh, and then there's the "I don't want to do my job, but I want to keep it and the pay and the benefits" part.

What a "hero"...

Wow! You've done quite an investigation.

Can you get the goods on Hillery?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Abandon your reason for faith, faith in a book written 2-3.5k years ago by primitive goat herders, who's solution to everything included either animal, or human sacrifice.

Once again, you are also resorting to deceptive word game. I've never asked you for proof, just evidence, and you concede you have none to offer."

I can't believe you STILL keep introducing the Bible into the conversation.

You really have become a "One note Johnny".

Spiritual Principles are certainly not confined to the Bible, and, in fact, predate it.

And you know that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What a "hero"...

The clerk's history is readily available to any that give a damn to look. She's a devout hypocrite; nothing more.

Hitlery is a red herring, but hopefully that bitch burns soon, long, and eternally.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

What a "hero"...

The clerk's history is readily available to any that give a damn to look. She's a devout hypocrite; nothing more.

Hitlery is a red herring, but hopefully that bitch burns soon, long, and eternally.

Wonder where the information came from. Was it from her? I'm just wondering.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Oh, and by the way, I would stand with her on the principle of judicial over reach even it she were an athiest.

This is not strickly a religious matter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, her, in her public divorce filings and child support pleadings.

She's making a "religious" stand, only when it doesn't apply to her. Hypocrite, to put it mildly, and a thief to boot.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 257Bob, 160user, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.