Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RNF
I think we should back off and let Russia get bogged down in a unwinable foreign war that might ruin their economy.

Short-sighted thinking. Putin is more cunning that to get bogged down. Syria will become a new base for military operations. Russia will secure more oil fields and be a game changer in the world oil market. Assad has become a puppet to Putin and POTUS is Putins' doormat. Welcome to the new world order America, how do you like your second rate status?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It did not work well for them when they invaded Afghanistan.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder if the Russians will let the Israelis take out any more arms shipments to Hezbollah.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not sure how much bleeding they will do. I don't think they are there to "win the hearts and minds"of the animals there.

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Russia is bombing groups the U S is supporting.

This will NOT turn out well for us.

Putin has checkmated Obama, but O can't quit the game.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Putin and Iran and Syria and ISIS. What could go wrong?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least we still have France at our back.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I understand that by the standards of a good portion of the U.S. population Presidents Putin and Assad are not nice men. They probably are not nice. But they are dealing with fanatical killers that could become supported by the majority of 1 billion moslems worldwide. These folks (ISIS etal) are dangerous to civilization and need to be exterminated. I am gratified that somebody has recognized this and are taking action. The Russians aren't known for the gentle touch and seem to understand that civilization hangs in the balance. I've watched this conflict for some time and have noticed that the only forces fighting to protect the sizable Christian community in Syria are,you guessed it, Assad's Syrian Army. President Putin over a year ago has asked for the help of the civilized world. I'm 63 years old, and never thought I would see the day I would find the stand of the Russian nation on stronger moral ground than the U.S.,but I believe I am there.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570

This. The Amateur in the White House has gotten us all into a bad corner. We can hope for a draw, maybe, if Putin decides to play nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by RNF
I think we should back off and let Russia get bogged down in a unwinable foreign war that might ruin their economy.

Short-sighted thinking. Putin is more cunning that to get bogged down. Syria will become a new base for military operations. Russia will secure more oil fields and be a game changer in the world oil market. Assad has become a puppet to Putin and POTUS is Putins' doormat. Welcome to the new world order America, how do you like your second rate status?
Bull-sheitt. Putin is no chess player, he's a thug. The Russian military is mostly incompetent and they still have inept officers doing the same jobs as our non-Com's do.

This is about ONE thing, arms sales. Syria has been looking elsewhere for arms and Russia isn't happy about that. Putin sent a very minimal force to Syria, and this is just a dog & pony show of support for Assad. With the US there, Putin's worried he's going to lose something and we're going to gain something.

I think it's a pukkin joke that we're even there. Let him have it, let them bleed blood and money over Syria, a country that offers nothing to anyone.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not checkmate by a LONG freaking shot. Putin has a small force there and if we press them, they'll have to back off.

The idiot in the White House should have never been in Syria in he first place. And then he should have never allowed Russia to show up...what a moron.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No one is going to "press" the Russians on this one. It will be a wait and see.
I.e., wait and see Assad's oponents get their ass kicked in short order.

Last edited by night_owl; 10/01/15.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone find it interesting that ISIS is not the target?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If the govt is saying one thing, it's a lie. Look elsewhere.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike our boondoggles of the past decade in the ME (not that they wouldn't have turned out differently if we'd taken a proper approach) Putin is not invading a country with the goal of regime change.

He is propping up an existing government and supporting their forces. He also doesn't give a crap about world opinion or collateral damage.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Let the Russians spend their blood and treasure in the Middle East.

this

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Anyone find it interesting that ISIS is not the target?
ISIS isn't necessarily their goal, but they may fight ISIS when they have to. They're there to keep Assad in power. Right now it's the people we're supporting that's the biggest threat to Assad, so that's the target. If ISIS becomes the bigger threat, then Russia will hit them. They're not there for any humanitarian reason.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I like Russia and the way they think, when you decide to kill the bad guys, you have to start somewhere. When it comes to Muslims and the Middle East anywhere you start is a good place. Go Putin and don't stop until no one is left. Putin is the New World Leader.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
At least we still have France at our back.

" Going to war without the French, is like going to war and leaving your tuba at home.." Gen Schwartzkopf...

"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French Division behind me..." General George S. Patton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I like Russia and the way they think, when you decide to kill the bad guys, you have to start somewhere. When it comes to Muslims and the Middle East anywhere you start is a good place. Go Putin and don't stop until no one is left. Putin is the New World Leader.
Hahaha...

You're going to be sorely disappointed. He has slightly more equipment in country than France (depending on how you look at it). This is the farthest thing from an invasion; it's a freaking PR stunt to get Syria to continue buying their arms from Russia. He's not going to fight Syria's war for them, he's not going to take out ISIS, and Russia won't do squat compared to what we've already done. Hell you're calling victory after they flew once sortie; we don't even know if they hit anything worth hitting.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.