Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Steelhead
A double barrel 45 will should get him some respect.

Sho'nuff, if'n it wuz a gat an' not sum broke azz wannabe shotgun.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

See? Dat's dat broke azz wannabe shotgun chump mu'fugga rite dere I be talk'n 'bout.

Like dis, [bleep]...

[Linked Image]

DAT be dun gotz da respect!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jeezas [bleep] crisse, yo mufuk'r's dun got ma as laffin so har a kant wor no mo.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this is no laffin mattah [bleep]....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Jeezas [bleep] crisse, yo mufuk'r's dun got ma as laffin so har a kant wor no mo.

Wut da f'k you doin' wo'kin'? Da fust o' tha month, yo, an' FRIDAY, too!

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Just a feel good act by people. Won't change a thing or bring those who are dead back.

Maybe a feel good act helps some cope, maybe it helps the families realize others are grieving with them? What does it hurt, who cares? It it helps some express their sorrow, why would that make me gag, that's just what makes Scott, Scott.
It's terrible that 9 people died on the Oregon school campus yesterday. Will a candle light vigil stop the next shooting or will it make a bunch of touchy-feely people feel like they done something special?

Last edited by elkhunternm; 10/02/15. Reason: The perp was killed.So,9 innocent people were murdered.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
No different than when people state they're going to pray for people they've never met or known.

Travis

maybe it's the same when you "state" that you're going to pray, but's it's not the same as when you just go and pray for them, without the fanfare.

keith

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 10/02/15.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Gag?

Not really. No more than the parades that often accompany a killed cop or the uber ridiculous cop dog parade.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say let everyone be who they are.

But we've raised a bumper crop of professional mourners in this country.

I'm more concerned with what the hell is bringing all this craziness out in folks than giving in to the herd instinct, which always occasions this kind of tragedy.

I'm sure it's pretty devastating to have this happen at your back door to people you knew.

Unfortunately, there is no going back. The horse has left the barn and school shootings have become common place.

Isn't much fun to sit here and watch the steady degeneration of our culture.

A prayer for it to stop certainly doesn't hurt anyone.

Last edited by JohnMoses; 10/02/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'm more concerned with what the hell is bringing all this craziness out in folks...

First, "mass" shootings aren't any more prevalent than at any time over the last 50 years. A slight drop in workplace and mass domestic shootings, a slight uptick on "I'm gonna be famous!" gun free zone shootings.

Second... it's almost always about the fame. This guy flat out said on social media that the only way he's ever going to be famous is to do this.

It ain't rocket science. Deny them the fame and there's no point in them doing it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
That all but gags every time I see one of those 'candlelight vigils'?

They seem like such an empty, worthless act.

Funny you said that...at elk camp this year the subject somehow came up and I guess I got a bit vocal in my opinion of these things, much to my camp mates amusement.I thought I presented a rational and articulate argument, they said I lost my sh#t and went on a rant. Suppose maybe a bit of both is true...so no, you are not alone

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd like to see your data that says there is only a slight uptick in mass shootings that have occurred in public places over the last 50 years...

I know damn well there has been an incredible increase in mass school shootings over the last 50 years.

Here is an FBI report that shows a drastic increase in school shootings just since 2000.

FBI- Increase in School Shootings

And if you can figure out a way to keep the media from reporting it, so as to deny the shooter the fame he seeks, you are a rocket scientist.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was listening to the sheriff of douglas cty where the shootings took place. I think it was he that said they had professional grief councilors and stuff on their way to talk to the people.
I still don't know how they would help me in a similar situation. But a new industry is born.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I'd like to see your data that says there is only a slight uptick in mass shootings that have occurred in public places over the last 50 years...

I know damn well there has been an incredible increase in mass school shootings over the last 50 years.

Here is an FBI report that shows a drastic increase in school shootings just since 2000.

FBI- Increase in School Shootings

And if you can figure out a way to keep the media from reporting it, so as to deny the shooter the fame he seeks, you are a rocket scientist.

That report is basically propaganda - it has nothing to do with mass shootings. It creates a new "statistic" called "Active Shooter Incidents" which is the only way the DOJ could push the agenda of "shootings are happening so much more often!!!!!". From the report itself:
This is not a study of mass killings or mass shootings, but rather a study of a specific type of shooting situation law enforcement and the public may face.

Read this:
http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/the-fbis-bogus-report-on-mass-shootings/
The picture looks quite different if you use good data and a longer time period. Back in 2000, Bill Landes of the University of Chicago and I gathered data on mass public shootings from 1977 to 1999; I’ve now updated the database.

Our criteria were similar to what the FBI said it would follow: non-gang attacks in public places.

Shootings that were also part of some other crime, such as a robbery, were also excluded. But we counted cases where at least two people had been murdered in these public shootings.

Overall, there has been a slight increase in deaths from mass public shootings over these 38 years, but even then the upward trend largely depends on the single year 2012, when there were 91 deaths.

To put it in pretty pictures, here:

http://crimeresearch.org/2014/10/the-incredibly-flawed-fbi-study-on-active-shooters/

FBI's new statistic to push the agenda:
[Linked Image]

A history of mass shootings which shows the reality of it:
[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
In 1820 there were roughly 35,000 pirates and no school shootings.

Today there are roughly 100 pirates and a few school shootings a year.

Coincidence, I think not.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We should get together and pray on that..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

We should get together and pray on that..

Pears sent...

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Steelie,
I am burning a teddy bear in your honor…..
of course there will be candles.
And a Confederate Battle [bleep].

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by 4ager

Is this "gang of fifty" the same as the "cabal of dysfunctional squirrels"? Or, "the turdlike people"? Or, the "border rats"?

Quick...someone get a scorecard; all these regiments of ne'er-do-wells is getting confusing.

I hope its different. Being duly appointed Turdlike, and a dysfunctional squirrel, it would be the highlight of my day to be in the gang of "fity"

HAT-TRICK!

solid.

word.

Dude, so's you're a sqrl too? Dang, I knew there was me and elkhunternm (the Chief of the cabal, duly elected I might add) but I wasn't sure of others. I thought we might just be a small cabal. I bet there's more hiding out in some dysfunctional oak or "hikry" trees (maybe on the small game forum?).

Congrats on your hat trick.

Uber cool beans.

Geno

ps, teddy bears is cool too.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by deflave
why would that make me gag,

Probably not much that could.

Travis

Just people who have the need to criticize others, they feed off it. Criticize religion, criticize people who flow religion, criticize people who want to express their sorrow to the families, some people sweat anger out of every pore, insult blacks, insult gays, insult everybody and everything, and people want to blame a few liberals for people walking away from the 24 hr Campfire? Well here you go, this thread andyour smart ass response, THAT is what drives people away. But carry on, you and the gang of fifty own the place.

Don't concern yourself with these cats. They are just miserable MF'ers spouting off. Their bark is worse than their bite.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,289
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.