Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's an early game today in Norman. Big 12 play for both teams. Both teams 3 and 0.
Thoughts...? Predictions...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You going to the game? I met four Mountaineers in Chicago at Midway yesterday on the way to the game. They said that the fans are still undecided about Holgerson. I asked them if I would be able to find a good ticket next week in Morgantown at the stadium. They said it depends if they win or lose today. He recommended I buy a ticket on line just in case. Guess they lean toward a win in Norman.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm pulling for WVU.

I have a 300 buck bet with a lawyer in my office. I have WVU and 7 points. I also took WVU in Will's poll today.

The one thing concerning to me is the fact Ok has had stronger competition than WVU thus far and that may be a factor in this game.

I'm glad it's not in Morgantown as it must be a mud bowl by now with rain continuing all day.

It's a good game on paper, though.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
They said that the fans are still undecided about Holgerson.
----------

That's rather shocking to me. Holgerson is highly esteemed by WVU's football community.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would not bet against Oklahoma cause they are faster than WVU. I might get chastised for that statement cause I have a grand daughter at WVU who is a senior.

IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
You going to the game?

Nope. I'm out West in the mountains.

WV has a tough October ahead of em. All 4 of their games this month are against ranked opponents. And 3 of their first 4 Big 12 games are on the road.

I think the Mountaineers are chompin' at the bit to show us all, and themselves, what they can do...!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm watching the pre-game on a local channel and already there was a big bru ha ha on the field as the teams were headed back to the locker room. This one is going to be testy from the start.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What happened?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The two teams swarmed together on the field and there was alot of jaw jacking, pushing, smack talk and such. All the refs and coaches did their best to separate the players, but you could see the testosterone spigot was full open amongst these 19, 20 and 21 year olds.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Pulling for WVU as well but I believe OU will have the edge. WVU QB went to the same high school as my younger daughter just west of Ft. Worth. I don't look forward to the Pokes having to play either team this year unless our offense puts a few things together.

IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
OU - 24
WV - 7

Halftime.

My son is watchin' the game and he says OU's lookin' pretty good so far.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 78 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,727
Posts18,494,746
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.