Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've looked at a lot of the threads on the 'fire and a number of web news sites and haven't heard a word about "Mom"'s whereabouts?

Conspiracy to keep her out of the news? If so, why?
In custody for weapons violations from the guns at her house?
In custody (INS) for immigration violations (one of the news stories said something about mom maybe being from the UK?)
In hiding due to death threats?
On vacation in a place with no news?
Did the kid take care of her like Ms Lanza and she's laying in a ditch somewhere?

I thought we've been hearing about how he lived with mom? If so, where is she? confused

Any of our southern OR folks have any info from their "sources"?

Geno

Maybe something fishy going on here?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
She's black so the MSM might be protecting her for racial reasons. Also, she might be a very good person. We have no way of knowing what she's like at this point. She didn't pull a trigger so there's no reason to drag her out other than to humiliate her. I'm sure she has enough problems as it is.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
All viable RC but my guess is she's trying to prolong having to assert 5th amendment protections to this administration's "feel good" need to throw something under the bus.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
was reading she was a brit. Sure find it strange that there is virtually no reliable info on the shooter at all. Still conflicting reports as to his demise, whether or not he shot himself, or was killed by LEO.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They are sure being secretive about this whole event...

No reliable information at all. Lots of conflicting info though. Almost like everyone didn't have their story straight... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
she is married to Obama and living in the White House

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

No reliable information at all. Lots of conflicting info though. Almost like everyone didn't have their story straight... whistle
That's for sure. There are reports on Foxnews that he handed one of the students an envelope to be given to the police. All is silent about where it is or what's in it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Medical examiner listed official cause of death as suicide

The mother is a registered nurse, I doubt there is In issues with her

Kid was fuggin whack job plain and simple

Acted like every one of these shooters who gets confronted by someone else with a gun...they off themselves

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The thing about having a dead shooter is that there is no trial.

They don't have to "prove" anything. The story can be whatever they want it to be.

Funny how the FBI & BATF were Johnny on the spot, where they had no jurisdiction. Murder is a state crime.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
They will go after the guns, who bought them and how.

Heard that some were bought by other family members.

There is certainly a lot to learn about this one.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
his mother being a nurse, I wouldn't be surprised if she was working at the only hospital in Roseburg, Mercy Medical Center....

ya gotta feel for the woman...moved to a smaller town to escape California....

now she loses her son.... along with him pulling this as a stunt beforehand...

I'll bet dollars to donuts, that her son planned on committing suicide, and decided to go out with his name in lights by pulling this killing spree.. so he could be a hero to other recluse losers from the web sites he participated in...his actions are being applauded by some of these clowns...my son has shown me as he is familiar with some of these sites...

the big thing for the folks of Roseburg and those of us living in rural southern Oregon, is acceptance of something like this happened here....we are use to reading headlines...not being headlines...

I feel no pity for her son, but I do feel for his mother right now...

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
was reading she was a brit. Sure find it strange that there is virtually no reliable info on the shooter at all. Still conflicting reports as to his demise, whether or not he shot himself, or was killed by LEO.

==========

Suicide Sam.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've read several news stories on-line by simply doing searches that gave details about the shooters mom and/or dad and step-sister, as well as some brief interviews with them. But then who knows how accurate any information the news media reports ever is.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Huge gaps in information has become the norm in these mass shootings. Used to be that the news media had a voracious appetite for any and all details they could dig up about these sorts of tragedies.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not much sympathy for the mother from me.

She enabled this. Why didn't she bring in law or mental health officials to defang him? She knew he was bat---t crazy and had to know he was armed to the teeth.

And when is someone going to point out the government's complicity in this? They want to take every veteran with PTSD and every Social Security recipient who has someone handling their banking for them and put them in NICS to ban them from owning guns. But they have this guy in their hands, throw him out of the Army for being bat---t crazy, and they don't do one thing to keep him from acquiring arms. Simply giving him a dishonorable discharge instead of an easy out would have barred him from arms.

Last edited by GunReader; 10/04/15.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The fewer details provided, the less that observant news junkies are able to perceive contradictions in the official story.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Acted like every one of these shooters who gets confronted by someone else with a gun...they off themselves
Shades of MK-Ultra ... programmed response.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mom-ore-shooter-stockpiled-guns-article-1.2384460

The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned. Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment with her son Chris Harper Mercer, spoke openly about her love of guns, said the mother of one of her patients. "She said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them,"

Shelly Steele, who hired Harper to provide care for her sickly teenage son, told The News in an exclusive interview Saturday. "My husband is an avid hunter and former military, so she would talk to him about it all the time, how she liked to take her son shooting," Steele said. Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it “because it wasn’t very private.” “You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon. “She wanted more privacy.”

So Harper found a better match in a gun club in Myrtle Creek, Steele said. "He liked to do it with her," she said, referring to Chris. "She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting. I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?" - See more at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-article-1.2384460#sthash.35aKuiET.dpuf

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She's black so the MSM might be protecting her for racial reasons. Also, she might be a very good person. We have no way of knowing what she's like at this point. She didn't pull a trigger so there's no reason to drag her out other than to humiliate her. I'm sure she has enough problems as it is.

RC and others,

Thanks for the replies.

I honestly think it is highly likely she is a "very good person". I'd hate for her to be put in public view to be humiliated. I'm sure she feels horrible enough already.

My whole purpose in posting this thread was to see if anyone had heard anything other than the slight amount covered on the internet and other news outlets.

It would make no difference to me if she was green, from Haiti, and practiced voodoo nursing. I'd just like to know if she's safe.

If she is not being brought forward because someone actually cares about her, that is great (the media wouldn't care about anything other than ratings). "Normally" , and there's nothing normal about these events, there would at a minimun be a photo/video of her covering her face with perhaps a statement by her attorney that there is "no comment at this time, this family is grieving also".

It all just seems so strange (to me at least) that there is so little information being released about her at this time. Not even by the ubiquitous "un-named source who wishes to remain anonymous because he/she is not authorized to speak to the press at this time".

A perhaps worst case scenario is that she was at work as a nurse, treating incoming wounded, not knowing who caused all this. And then finding out. That would be truly horrible.

Again folks,

thanks for the replies,

Geno

ps, I was busy doing other things and didn't see all the new replies before I finalized and posted this.

Last edited by Valsdad; 10/04/15. Reason: timing of post

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Valsdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mom-ore-shooter-stockpiled-guns-article-1.2384460

The mother of the Oregon mass murderer stockpiled firearms because she feared stricter gun laws — and shopped around for a shooting range that would let her and her son fire away without supervision, the Daily News has learned. Laurel Harper, a nurse who shared an apartment with her son Chris Harper Mercer, spoke openly about her love of guns, said the mother of one of her patients. "She said she had multiple guns and believed wholeheartedly in the Second Amendment and wanted to get all the guns she could before someone outlawed them,"

Shelly Steele, who hired Harper to provide care for her sickly teenage son, told The News in an exclusive interview Saturday. "My husband is an avid hunter and former military, so she would talk to him about it all the time, how she liked to take her son shooting," Steele said. Harper told Steele she tried a shooting range close to the Umpqua Community College campus but didn’t like it “because it wasn’t very private.” “You needed to have a range master with you, and she didn't like anyone watching,” said Steele, who lives in Winston, Oregon. “She wanted more privacy.”

So Harper found a better match in a gun club in Myrtle Creek, Steele said. "He liked to do it with her," she said, referring to Chris. "She told my husband she just purchased some new guns a few weeks ago and took him shooting. I thought the whole situation was very strange. If you know your son has mental health issues, do you encourage a fascination with guns?" - See more at: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-article-1.2384460#sthash.35aKuiET.dpuf

joken2,
thanks, when I checked with the search engine I use last night that didn't come up.

If all that turns out to be "gospel truth", Wow is all I can say. As bad as she feels and I feel for her, she better have a great attorney.

Geno

In it is contentment

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 75 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,166
Posts18,484,458
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.