Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by shrapnel

2 more reasons for the ATV...

[Linked Image]

Oh, you mean you want to teach them to be lazy slob hunters, road hunting instead of exerting oneself, shooting birds on the ground instead of following the rules of fair chase. You're an excellent example for the next generation.

Ah, glad to see you have no kids or grandkids.
Love to see you out trying to hunt and take care of three GKids.
They had a great day cause they were taken on the trip.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pudler ,

Your a special kind of guy aren't ya. No problem in being sporty , but don't compare yourself to Aldo.

And don't be saying that you can pull , hold and shoot a 70lb recurve.

Or if you so desire post a picture of your Howard bows limb stamp showing 70lb.

I am waiting.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

This one may be more to Fireball and PIDDLER's liking, he uses a firestarter, we only let him use it when the forest is dry and fire danger is high...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You must be a snob. I choose to walk for my grouse so now I'm what?

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Puddler is kind of an DA, is he not. The next generation in the making. Great pic. Glad he shot blanks and has no kids and does not understand young kids and walking miles at a time.

Good hunt Sir.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Your someone that doesn't take kids that young out on trips, watching the hunt and learning. That age is the beginning of a hunter.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Your someone that doesn't take kids that young out on trips, watching the hunt and learning. That age is the beginning of a hunter.

Good point. They can't keep up in the mountains. I guess Shrap will have to pull my weight.

LOL
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Strick9
Pudler ,

Your a special kind of guy aren't ya. No problem in being sporty , but don't compare yourself to Aldo.

And don't be saying that you can pull , hold and shoot a 70lb recurve.

Or if you so desire post a picture of your Howard bows limb stamp showing 70lb.

I am waiting.

Actually, I have a collection of Howatt Hunters, four to be exact. My original was a gift from my mother-in-law when I graduated med school in 1982. It's the one that draws 70#. I've accumulated the others over the years, a 60#, 65# and one marked 75# but measures 80#. I only hunt with the 70# one. You're right, it's getting harder each year, and I can't hold it like guys who shoot compounds with 65% let off. But then I'm getting older now, at 63. My goal is to be able to hunt with my 70# recurve when I'm 70 years old. Want to bet against me?

Last edited by Paddler; 10/04/15.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Shrap,

I am counting three of the luckiest little blonds in the world. There is nothing better for kids than spending time in the outdoors with a caring adult.

And, they are learning where groceries come from.

Grandkids??????? You are a lucky man.

The only thing better for the soul than getting out and gathering some food, is doing it with little tykes who love you back.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
And there are those cretins amongst us that consider birds a source of white meat, a welcome change in the diet, and prefer to transition them into biomass by the most expeditious way possible. .....

All due respect sir, and I do hope this missive finds that Sir Rommel is taking good care of you and yours...

Early in my relationship I had to correct my dear wife when discussing plans for our evening repast one fine day. I suggested that we (especially ME) needed some "meat". She replied "but we just had chicken last night". As much as I hate to correct my dear wife wink , I had to inform her that anything what flies, and/or has feathers and lays eggs, the edible portion of said critter is "poultry", as one does not find it in the "meat counter" but in the poultry section of any "respectable" grocery. Or perhaps it might could be called "fowl".

Meat, in my dictionary, implies fur or hair, and generally walking/running about on FOUR legs. (At least in non survivalist times)

Fish is fish, critters with scales or maybe not in the case of catfish.

Lobster, crab, mussels, oysters, etc fall into the generalized category of "shellfish"

Lizard, snake, and frogs and such, while certainly tasty on occasion could possibly be considered "meat". (I'll have to check on the innanet)

Please forgive my "correction" Poobah. I know it was possibly only an "oversight" in your typing.

Respectfully,

Geno

PS, I'm not so sure about us being cretins? Malcontents, dysfunctional squirrels definitely , but cretins? Well sir, I do not own a .270, I thoroughly enjoy my metric caliber and other "oddball" firearms, and I love dogs, and fishing, and Cowboy hats perched on a fine figure. I therefor respectfully request to be left out of this "cretin" cabal. Include me in other groups at your convenience and to your satisfaction.

PPS, expeditiously transitioning fine tasting critters into edible biomass is a good thing for the environment. Keep up the good work. Less lead floating around out there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

We are loading up right now for another killing spree. Too bad the malcontents won't be along to enjoy the spectacle. I am sure I have spent more time peeing in the woods than those guys ever have hunting...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Shrap,

I am counting three of the luckiest little blonds in the world. There is nothing better for kids than spending time in the outdoors with a caring adult.

The only thing better for the soul than getting out and gathering some food, is doing it with little tykes who love you back.

Agreed. It would be so much better if they walked. Let them explore, play in the dirt, find bugs, fill their pockets with rocks. Oh, and learn about hunting ethics, fair play, etc. Teach them that grandpa is an outdoor stud instead of just another overfed slob who fancies himself a hunter..

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Good work there Shrap.. I enjoyed every bit of your show..
Looks like you have a great next generation coming on to follow in your foot steps..

What is the load you shoot in that .357 for grouse.. I have a couple loads with Unique.. They seem to work well..

I enjoy hunting grouse with pistol, rifle or shotgun.. At times, each has its place.. As for the negative feed back we get, there is one person I just skip over his posts and never read the crap he posts.. After this read, I have now added a second to my list..

Hunt on, shoot straight and have a great fall..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Shrap,

Agreed. It would be so much better if they walked. Let them explore, play in the dirt, find bugs, fill their pockets with rocks. Oh, and learn about hunting ethics, fair play, etc. Teach them that grandpa is an outdoor stud instead of just another overfed slob who fancies himself a hunter..

you think they dont do that? you are an idiot....the difference is the girls get to do it lots of places seeing lots more interesting things instead of just the short distance they are able to walk to....

Last edited by rattler; 10/04/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

We are loading up right now for another killing spree. Too bad the malcontents won't be along to enjoy the spectacle. I am sure I have spent more time peeing in the woods than those guys ever have hunting...

I've spent so little time in the woods I can't even remember the last time. LOL.

Here's an idea. Get over yourself bud. You're not all that. Plenty of other people here might do and know a little something as well. Might even take a kid hunting once in a while, donate to charity, volunteer time, cook meals for a sick neighbor, who knows, we might not even be bad people. Just don't feel the need to wave our cock.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've spent so little time in the woods I can't even remember the last time. LOL.

Here's an idea. Get over yourself bud. You're not all that. Plenty of other people here might do and know a little something as well. Might even take a kid hunting once in a while, donate to charity, volunteer time, cook meals for a sick neighbor, who knows, we might not even be bad people. Just don't feel the need to wave our cock.

and you do realize one of the main points of this forum is to share chit like this with each other.....its others that have turned it into a chit show with their holier than thou attitude not shrap....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

To satisfy the sportsmen, we are taking a dog thi trip...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin Yer gonna make Isaac jealous!!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Dog????????

I don't see no dog!

Surely you don't mean that hand warmer on the front of the quad.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What about slob fishermen that actually use a boat to go fishing from instead of being a sporting he-man and swimming up the river to where the fishing spot is. Some of them actually stoop so low as to use a rod and reel instead of a handline... give the poor fish a chance folks. Catching fish while swim-trolling with a handline now that's for a real sportsman.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,223 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.