Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,525 of 1,842 1 2 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Am I the only on that wants a mount of a coyote with a house cat in its mouth?
Tom, we always thought you just wanted to mount a coyote.........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful work, Fluffy.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back from a quick scouting mission to Outing. Nice looking area. Saw one grouse, and found a couple good looking deer spots. Hoping to make a couple more runs up there before deer season.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Saw a dandy buck today while 4-wheeling with April in northern WI today. 8pt with 10" tines

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He didn't want any part of me either. I chased him and all he did was run.

It must have been my beard or increadible rack!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fluffy
driving to Hibbing today,to see my nephew get married.
per his request,made him a couple night stands to fit his gun safes( he is a LEO)
he thinks they are oak, stained chocolate brown,but I decided to skip a step,make them out of walnut.
we will see how long it takes him to figure out the difference.
[Linked Image]

screwed up my link on the first one

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
driving to Hibbing today,to see my nephew get married.
per his request,made him a couple night stands to fit his gun safes( he is a LEO)
he thinks they are oak, stained chocolate brown,but I decided to skip a step,make them out of walnut.
we will see how long it takes him to figure out the difference.
[Linked Image]

screwed up my link on the first one

Spectacular...missed out on the first post.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=roundoakSpectacular...missed out on the first post. [/quote]

yes,I screwed it up shortly after posting it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scouted our new spot Saturday. Got one of our guys set up on a clear cut. I found a nice looking spot where a little ridge line runs along the edge of a lake. The deer are traveling that ridge, and down along the lake shore. Guessing it'll have scrapes on it soon, as they always like those ridge tops to leave their mark. Man, it was a beautiful day to be outside.

Did any of the Chickenbuckers go into camp over the weekend, Dave?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Yeah, we made a quick trip on saturday. I needed to bring the little blue tractor home for some landscaping after last week's water line repair at home here. While we were out there, I worked on the access road with the tractor blade, fixed it up pretty decent actually. While I was working on that, Pam and Joey walked the trails for grouse. Joey got 2! Pam, she was not allowed to do much shooting... Joey's excitement kind of took over... lol.

The new dog "Penny" made the trip as well, she sure likes the woods. I don't have any pictures but Pam had her camera along, I will check with her later and see if she has any pictures.

Plenty of deer tracks.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Save a few of those suckers will ya?! lol.

They boys are pretty excited for the chickenbuck weekend! All 3 of us. smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
me too.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Did some fishing yesterday as well and got one foolish northern for pickling to bite. It was beautiful to watch the sunrise and the fog lift off the lake. It was 27* at moms cabin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a guy's golf weekend and stayed where we deer hunt on Whitefish Lake. Saw a TON of deer on the hunting land.

It is time!!!!

Oh, and I missed out on the doe lottery, so, since I've shot a legal buck 7 out of the last 8 years, I probably won't even see one this year. At least my buddies daughter gets to shoot a doe, and my buddy hit the lottery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck Goalie. I talked to two duck hunter pulling off an isolated lake up there and they didn't get any ducks, but had 5 deer go swimming right through their decoys!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by northern_dave
[Linked Image]

We dig a hole, in Pam's nice front lawn.

[Linked Image]

Fix a pressurized waterline that has been leaking water into the ground 8' down all summer.

[Linked Image]

Tzone, close your eyes... Don't look at our trench bracing.

We lived.

It's fixed and covered back up.

[Linked Image]

Thank god for good friends.

(with awesome equipment)

smile
. Did you have to pay him with cold silver bullets ?? grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Beautiful work, Fluffy!

Took the boy for our northern duck opener. The quiet little lake I used to hunt by myself was ablaze with super bright LEDs coming from everywhere. It was kinda eery at 0400. We found our spot, but got downwinded by one group and another came through the dekes at 0800 - prime time. They set up upwind of us, so we're pretty much out of business. Few quality shots all day. I actually had to go to the store to buy chicken for our "duck" gumbo that evening. Sad. frown

But we had a good time! We did better Sunday am, getting 4. Another great sunrise and made giant 4 egg omelettes with everything but the kitchen sink in them before the long drive home. The boy eats like two men. I just sit and watch with wonder.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Beautiful work, Fluffy!

Took the boy for our northern duck opener. The quiet little lake I used to hunt by myself was ablaze with super bright LEDs coming from everywhere. It was kinda eery at 0400. We found our spot, but got downwinded by one group and another came through the dekes at 0800 - prime time. They set up upwind of us, so we're pretty much out of business. Few quality shots all day. I actually had to go to the store to buy chicken for our "duck" gumbo that evening. Sad. frown

But we had a good time! We did better Sunday am, getting 4. Another great sunrise and made giant 4 egg omelettes with everything but the kitchen sink in them before the long drive home. The boy eats like two men. I just sit and watch with wonder.
I went up to Pennsylvania turkey hunting with some friends of mine. I made the mistake of volunteering to cook the first day we were there. They never let me off KP the whole week. Apparently none of these guys could figure out which side of the skillet to put the eggs in, so I was nominated Chief Cook and Bottle Washer. When I saw what these guys brought up for chow, I understood. I think they must have planned on living on Spam and cheap canned baked beans and little else. I'd be willling to bet everyone put on a few lbs. by the time we left. We ate a lot of trout, grouse, a turkey, and some squirrel pot pie, not to mention that there was a run to the grocery store for some real food-not the Spam they had brought.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-did I see Einer The Weiner in one of those pictures? How's the little guy doing?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1,525 of 1,842 1 2 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.