Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.wvwnews.net/content/inde...st_russia_bombing_isis_and_al_qaeda.html

October 5, 2015

Because Russia--WHITE Russia, I might add--is annihilating untold millions of dollars of Washington's investments spent on arming so-called 'moderate' anti-Assad 'rebels'--which really don't exist anyway.

By Daniel McAdams

On Wednesday the Russian military became active in the fight against ISIS and al-Qaeda in Syria. Pursuant to a request from the Syrian government, Moscow first began deploying military equipment and trainers as well as humanitarian assistance. Then the Russian parliament approved the use of force, and force was indeed used on Wednesday.

The Obama Administration is not happy about this development.

The US has been bombing Syria for a year without permission from the Syrian government and without a UN Security Council resolution authorizing an attack on a sovereign nation. That means US strikes on Syrian soil are illegal according to international law. However the first US response to the Russian strikes against ISIS in Syria was to condemn the Russian government for not coordinating its strikes with the US.

Unsurprisingly, the US mainstream media once again rushed to carry water for the US administration, with CNN's Christiane Amanpour pondering whether Russia answering the legitimate Syrian government's request for assistance would open itself up to war crimes charges! In Amanpour's world there is no crime in a year of bombing a sovereign state with not even a fig leaf UN resolution to back it up. The only crime is to resist the US empire. No wonder in a world of media austerity, Amanpour is a well-compensated regime propagandist.

Rather than welcoming Russian efforts against ISIS and al-Qaeda, the US claims that unless Russia also focuses on removing the Assad government from power its efforts are "doomed to failure." The US claims to be concerned that the Russians are attacking the "moderate" Syrian rebels trained by the United States -- but even US generals have admitted that group consists of a grand total of four or five individuals. So it's hard to understand the sudden concern. Each new batch of "moderates" the US churns out seems to defect to al-Qaeda or ISIS within minutes of deployment in Syria.

What is interesting is that the US-led coalition dropping bombs on Syria for the past year has yet to even consider the mounting civilian body count from its attacks. Not a word from the US government about large numbers of civilians it has killed in Syria. Yet there is plenty of evidence that the civilian toll taken by American bombs is exceedingly high. The moment the Russians join the fight against ISIS and al-Qaeda in Syria, however, the US suddenly becomes obsessed with civilian deaths -- even as no evidence has arisen aside from suspicious reports from opposition-friendly "human rights" organizations that any civilians have been killed in the first day of Russian strikes.

What "evidence" exists of civilian casualties in the Russian strikes comes from the war machine funded Institute for the Study of War (ISW), headed by Victoria Nuland's sister-in-law Kimberly Kagan. ISW's Genevieve Casagrande -- a former dolphin expert who quite frankly does not look like a seasoned foreign policy expert -- claimed to know that Russia's airstrikes "did not hit ISIS militants and rather resulted in a large number of civilian casualties." Based on what? Only the unquestioning mainstream media could tell us.

But of course they do not.

The bottom line is this: the US is opposing Russia's attacks on ISIS and al-Qaeda -- two branches of the same tree that are a proven threat to the US homeland -- because Russia is not also attacking the Assad government, which could never be a threat to the United States.

Who really is protecting us? Obama with his ongoing Assad obsession?

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The US' influence has probably dropped to nil in the mid-east.
That's probably why at least some in Washington are displeased.

Also, for the first time probably EVER Russia has a base outside its borders in the mideast (outside it's incursions). Could certainly set up a confrontation with the US in the Med in the future. There's quite a bit of potential threat escalation there.

Retired cat herder.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by g5m
The US' influence has probably dropped to nil in the mid-east.
That's probably why at least some in Washington are displeased.

The U.S. has plenty of influence in Syria. It's just that the American people aren't supposed to know where its influence is directed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is an incredible development and the Administration bears heavy responsibility for fumbling the ball, perhaps permanently.

My goodness, Russia has been nosing around, trying to dominate the Mideast since at least way back in the 19th Century when the British were fighting against them in "The Great Game" described by Rudyard Kipling in "Kim" and other writings.

Now it looks like Obama, who never seems to have met a Muslim he didn't like, has played golf while international strategy and national interests have been neglected.

He just does not seem to realize the harm he is doing to millions of Muslims, not just the West.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Its the President fault . Its a Democrat thing let it play out without me doing a thing Then blame the GOP. Look at the screw up they have did sense 2008, Clinton, the big farce .Then Kerry the Joke .Obama I don't know nothing I read it in the papers . Its the Bushes fault I didn't do it .Then you have McCain, Graham, An bone head Bonner let go with the Demwit party PEOPLE LOOK AT YOUR STATE >GET THEM OLD FART"S OUT REPLACE THEM ALL IF YOU DON"T DO YOUR JOB FIRED SO SHOULD THEY NO BENIFITES AFTER GONE NO PAY NO RETIREDMENT JUST FIRED THEM ALL

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russia's primary concern is keeping Assad in power and the targeting of their air strikes reflects that.

I suspect their view on A-Q and ISS is that if they are causing the West major problems and do not pose and immediate danger to Russian, they will let them continue for the mean time..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because Obama is decreasing the US role in the mid east and we are losing our influence because of it. Putin has moved right in and is establishing Russia in the middle east. Putin is smart, Obama is dumb.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Pete E
Russia's primary concern is keeping Assad in power and the targeting of their air strikes reflects that.

I suspect their view on A-Q and ISS is that if they are causing the West major problems and do not pose and immediate danger to Russian, they will let them continue for the mean time..

From the article:

The US claims to be concerned that the Russians are attacking the "moderate" Syrian rebels trained by the United States -- but even US generals have admitted that group consists of a grand total of four or five individuals. So it's hard to understand the sudden concern. Each new batch of "moderates" the US churns out seems to defect to al-Qaeda or ISIS within minutes of deployment in Syria.

There are no "moderate rebels". The U.S. government is simply funding Islamic radicals to be proxies in the war against the Assad government.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

There are no "moderate rebels". The U.S. government is simply funding Islamic radicals to be proxies in the war against the Assad government.

My post was a reflection what Russia's current primary goal is in the region, ie propping up Assad and didn't really comment on the sheer stupidity of American Foreign policy in the region..

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

My post was a reflection what Russia's current primary goal is in the region, ie propping up Assad and didn't really comment on the sheer stupidity of American Foreign policy in the region..

Actually, I think Putin is propping up stability. Iraq and Libya are representative of what happens to a failed state in the Middle East. The crazies who control U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East want Syria to become another Iraq.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Obama wouldn't make a pimple on Putin's butt. He's way outmatched strategically and Putin is wasting no time taking advantage of this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Actually, I think Putin is propping up stability. Iraq and Libya are representative of what happens to a failed state in the Middle East. The crazies who control U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East want Syria to become another Iraq.

Exactly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Never thought about it in that way, but your are probably right in many respects about Syria being better off with Assad.

Re the "moderate Syrian rebels"..I guess people don't remember America and the West arming and training the Mujahideen only for them to turn on the West as the Taliban a few years later..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You know when you hear them talking about "moderate rebels" that it's a crock o'[bleep]. Obama is arming muslim lunatics in order to get rid of Assad. If only the media would do it's [bleep] job and get the facts out to the people.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savage62
Its the President fault . Its a Democrat thing let it play out without me doing a thing Then blame the GOP. Look at the screw up they have did sense 2008, Clinton, the big farce .Then Kerry the Joke .Obama I don't know nothing I read it in the papers . Its the Bushes fault I didn't do it .Then you have McCain, Graham, An bone head Bonner let go with the Demwit party PEOPLE LOOK AT YOUR STATE >GET THEM OLD FART"S OUT REPLACE THEM ALL IF YOU DON"T DO YOUR JOB FIRED SO SHOULD THEY NO BENIFITES AFTER GONE NO PAY NO RETIREDMENT JUST FIRED THEM ALL

This, my friends, is a very coherent post.
And from a man who sees through very clear eyes.

Please allow me sum this up.
CLEAN HOUSE!
Flush the fuggin toilet, already.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Middle East countries need Dictators to keep the jihadists in check. The US has been deposing these dictators and now the jihadists are having a field day. Sykes-Picot borders were established for good reason and Obama is busy tearing them down.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
It is simple, they are obamas friends. He is a Muslim and is trying to do everything to further there cause. Let the Russians kill as many as they can.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The maps and a few videos clearly show that Russia is bombing ISIS's enemies in the Syrian opposition.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Russia has also taken out the ISIS command center and given ISIS a pretty bad time.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I read this morning that Putin sent in the Spetnaz and some other elite group to mop up and hunt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (160user, 12344mag, 2UP, 22kHornet, 44mc, 35, 15 invisible), 1,605 guests, and 1,009 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.