Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How DARE this guy even think this?

Just shocking. Shocking, I tell you.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/06/ppp-poll-trump-27-carson-17-rubio-13-bush-10/
If all you’re interested in is the topline then this is the best poll for Trump in weeks.

The other news in today’s poll is … not so good:
He’s had a 14 point drop in his net favorability rating over the last month from +26 at 56/30 to now just +12 at 50/38. And he’s lost ground in head to head match ups with the other leading GOP contenders. The only one he leads is Bush by 20 points at 56/36, although even that is down from his 25 point advantage at 59/34 last time. Last month he led Rubio (50/42) and Fiorina (48/41) in head to heads, now he trails them 50/43 and 47/45 respectively. And what was already a 49/43 deficit to Carson one on one has now grown to 52/41.

you’ll find that supporters of nearly every other GOP candidate reliably break against Trump when he’s pitted against Carson, Fiorina, or Rubio. The only exceptions are Rand Paul’s and Rick Santorum’s supporters, and they might be hard to gauge accurately given how small those samples are. Supporters of Ted Cruz, who’s spent months complimenting Trump, prefer Carson to Trump by a margin of 75/17, prefer Fiorina by a margin of 71/24, and prefer Rubio by a margin of 59/30. Even Trump’s ostentatious hawkishness on immigration can’t woo Cruz fans away from Rubio, in other words. The suggestion here is that there’s strong “Anyone But Trump” sentiment among the majority of voters who aren’t already supporting him, exceeded only by “Anyone But Bush” sentiment.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Don't you know the Trumpers do not want to see this $hit?
They get all upset.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nah, they don't get upset

they just go back to staying home on election day.

for all you guys pushing Fiorina, Carson, Rubio and anyone but Trump

enjoy Hillary as POTUS

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well Trump just went out and said he's fine with eminent domain. Doesn't bother him in the least.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well Trump just went out and said he's fine with eminent domain.

Anybody that pays attention to such things know that businessmen have their own entitlement ideas, along with farmers and probably nearly everyone. I also believe that there is a place for eminent domain, but it should be used sparingly and always for the good of the public, not businessmen. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The haters are digging really deep now !

Really eminent domain, I think we have just one or two bigger problems right now, WTF!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by milespatton
I also believe that there is a place for eminent domain, but it should be used sparingly and always for the good of the public, not businessmen. miles
Which, if you listened to Trump yesterday on the Brett Baier show, is nearly exactly what he said..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jimy
The haters are digging really deep now !

Really eminent domain, I think we have just one or two bigger problems right now, WTF!

Wow, at least somebody has some common sense. The whole bullchit. Will probably be like always. Same ole chit heads doing the same ole chit. And acting completely astonished whenever they get the same ole chit, or worse. Maybe we can get Bush or fat boy Christy in there. ROFLMAO!!!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA

enjoy Hillary as POTUS

Who is it that was going to stay home pouting on election day if their candidate doesn't win?

I won't vote to support a party that worries more about power than prosperity.

So this whole idea of supporting whoever we end up just because he has an "R" by his/her name just falls on deaf ears to me.

I'll be out on election day, voting for whoever wins the primary. I've always said that, and anybody who isn't voting is a moron.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

I'll be out on election day, voting for whoever wins the primary. I've always said that, and anybody who isn't voting is a moron.

Nothing you can do about that. There are a few who always go all-in on the longshot, hoping to win big, but happy to have an excuse for losing. Conservatives don't take risks like that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[quote=KFWA]I've always said that, and anybody who isn't voting is a moron.

...and about half of those who do vote. (Ds)

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
I've always said that, and anybody who isn't voting is a moron.

...and about half of those who do vote. (Ds)

Amen!

If Trump can control his arrogance and if enough candidates stay in to keep the vote split up during the primary and Trump wins it, then I'll vote for him. It will be another 4 years of big government and big-business regulations and law passing, but at least we stand a chance of getting a Kennedy on the Supreme Court rather than a Ginsburg/Kagan/Sotomayer/Breyer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by milespatton
I also believe that there is a place for eminent domain, but it should be used sparingly and always for the good of the public, not businessmen. miles
Which, if you listened to Trump yesterday on the Brett Baier show, is nearly exactly what he said..

Trump tried to use eminent domain for his parking lots...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The crazies who have been running the show for the past 15 years have destabilized the Middle East and now two nuclear powers are at odds in Syria.

I don't even think of it as "us vs. them" because nobody out there is currently representing the American people.

The people are in a very touchy situation solely due to a handful of people who have an agenda that has nothing to do with the benefit of anybody except that small handful of people.

Those people own most of the candidates running for office.

It's easy to pick them out. They are the candidates who talk about continuing to escalate the wars in the Middle East. And those are the candidates who get the positive media from the propaganda machine.

It'll be a damn wonder if one of them doesn't get elected,..and if they do, the situation could get very sporty over the next few years.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
But let's talk about parking lots.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Hillary:

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/10/07/hillary-clintons-inner-hawk-soars-over-syriahttp://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/10/07/hillary-clintons-inner-hawk-soars-over-Syria

The former secretary of state's call for a "no-fly" zone crystallized a truth that can no longer be buried, much as liberals would rather avoid thinking about it because they like so much else about her: Clinton really is more hawkish than President Barack Obama. She would be a president more open than he is to military intervention, with all the lost lives, huge expenses and unanticipated consequences that entails.

Rubio:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/07/marco-rubio-vows-challenge-vladimir-putin-syria/

In recent media interviews, Rubio has asserted that he would stand up to the Russians if elected president, and he’s making the case for getting involved in Syria as well.

In an interview with CNBC, Rubio indicated that he would create a “safe zone” in Syria which would include a no-fly zone in the country to stop foreign interests from getting involved militarily to prop up Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad.

Such a coincidence that candidates from opposite ends of the political spectrum have exactly the same "solution" to the mess in Syria.

Essentially, start a war with a nuclear power,...over fuggin' Syria.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A no-fly zone isn't a "solution". And it wouldn't start a war unless Russian planes violate it and fire at us. Which if it didn't happen in the 50's/60's isn't going to happen now.

Cripes...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

enjoy Hillary as POTUS

Who is it that was going to stay home pouting on election day if their candidate doesn't win?

I won't vote to support a party that worries more about power than prosperity.

So this whole idea of supporting whoever we end up just because he has an "R" by his/her name just falls on deaf ears to me.

I'll be voting too

it may be the GOP candidate, or it may be the Libertarian candidate or even someone else

but who it won't be is who a bunch of Fox New minions tells me I should vote for as a conservative.

I'm guessing the same people that were conservatives that didn't vote for McCain or Romney.

How is that approach working out for the GOP btw?

Last edited by KFWA; 10/07/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A no-fly zone isn't a "solution". And it wouldn't start a war unless Russian planes violate it and fire at us. Which if it didn't happen in the 50's/60's isn't going to happen now.

Cripes...

What do you think a military decision to implement a no fly zone means?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
But let's talk about parking lots.

Trump: Hey, conservatives, eminent domain is “wonderful”

From Hot Air...

“Eminent domain, when it comes to jobs, roads, the public good, I think it’s a wonderful thing,” Trump told Fox News’ Bret Baier.
“You’re not taking property. … You’re paying a fortune for that property,” he said of the process, adding that homeowners can be paid “four, five, six, ten times” their property’s value.
Trump, a real estate mogul, noted that he’s dealt with eminent domain a lot in building developments in New York City. He said the idea that people are forced to sell homes they don’t really want to give up is a myth.

Conservatives are not opposed to the use of eminent domain for public good.
The Trump court cases were about owners refusing to sell to Donald Trump for his parking lots.
It is about property rights.
It is raw redistribution of wealth from the working class to the rich.

That is the kind of authoritarian power that Trump has said he would use over many issues.
I have never heard him talk about trying to get something though Congress. He is always going to negotiate with everyone in the world, but where are his quotes about dealing with Congress?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 338reddog, 39 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.