Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Tibbe, as usual, has not a clue. Each crane on Saipem's barge is rated at 7000 metric tons with 460 ft of boom. That is over one and a half football fields.

"The Saipem 7000 has two Amhoist model S7000 fully revolving cranes. Each has a 140-metre-long boom fitted with 4 hooks. Each crane is capable of lifting up to 7,000 tonnes at 40 m lift radius using the main hook."

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Hope they build a better bridge than the eastern span of the SF Bay Bridge. POC 10x over budget way late and rusting already. Chinese steel. Thanks Cal Trans.

Last edited by sidepass; 10/13/15.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The French Canal in Panama ain't got much if anything to do with the Panama Canal. The French tried for years to get something going down there, and failed miserably.

TR got things going with a new route. I've been there, too, WET, and you're an blithering,dithering fool.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
One of the problems with other people trying to run jive on me is that I have been around.
Here's a link to the Panama Canal - with photos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Canal
The previous posters allegations about the size of cranes and barges there 50 years ago are the products of his delusion.
I was the Latin America marketing manager for the Worlds leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. I travelled two weeks each month for 3 years in LA.
The only Canal activity ongoing back in that time frame was a couple of barges with side mounted drilling rigs, drilling blasting holes to trim off the banks and curves. Those were our rig and I was on the barges. They were little pip squeaks compared to what is presently on the Hudson River. There were no cranes of any size that could hold a candle.
The Panama Canal was started 1n 1884 and completed in 1914.

wink

Panama,...that where you caught the brain eating Syph ?

I didn't say a damned thing about the Panama Canal, you idiot. I said THE GULF, as in Gulf of Mexico......as in J.Ray McDermott & Sons,...They had a 1500 tonner 'fer cryin out loud.

GTC

OK:

Good to go !

If you Game me you have to be early. Remember I know everything.

You're talking about the off shore oil drilling platforms. Can you verify which seems possible.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Remember I know everything.

You certainly seem to think you do.

Seriously, with all of your "Disposable Income" and talent, why not start your own website ? All of your myriad friends here would follow you over there,...leaving Bin stuck with the nekkid wimmins ogling dysfunctional squirrels, ....and you could have a fine time running the show.

100% Tibbe approved content, rules, regulations and behavior.

"WET's Weird Hole" might be a good moniker, speedy.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cross is not speaking of offshore platforms but specialized onshore ones used to drill water wells for Reservoirs in the south, Like Ross Barnett and Sardis in Mississippi.

They make approx. a 250 ft. diameter hole in the ground.

They only use them down here.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
One of the problems with other people trying to run jive on me is that I have been around.
Here's a link to the Panama Canal - with photos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Canal
The previous posters allegations about the size of cranes and barges there 50 years ago are the products of his delusion.
I was the Latin America marketing manager for the Worlds leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment. I travelled two weeks each month for 3 years in LA.
The only Canal activity ongoing back in that time frame was a couple of barges with side mounted drilling rigs, drilling blasting holes to trim off the banks and curves. Those were our rig and I was on the barges. They were little pip squeaks compared to what is presently on the Hudson River. There were no cranes of any size that could hold a candle.
The Panama Canal was started 1n 1884 and completed in 1914.

wink

Panama,...that where you caught the brain eating Syph ?

I didn't say a damned thing about the Panama Canal, you idiot. I said THE GULF, as in Gulf of Mexico......as in J.Ray McDermott & Sons,...They had a 1500 tonner 'fer cryin out loud.

GTC

If you think you can game me you haven't. I know everything.

McDermott, off shore oil - you bet, blue chip. What you didn't
say is the facts..

Put your money where you mouth is ;

Which platform. Date.

If you want to ,FXXX around with me you should know the consequences of a guide expert

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 10/13/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Remember I know everything.

You certainly seem to think you do.

Seriously, with all of your "Disposable Income" and talent, why not start your own website ? All of your myriad friends here would follow you over there,...leaving Bin stuck with the nekkid wimmins ogling dysfunctional squirrels, ....and you could have a fine time running the show.

100% Tibbe approved content, rules, regulations and behavior.

"WET's Weird Hole" might be a good moniker, speedy.

GTC

Better yet greg.

WET'S willy hole....THE place for ex spurt oral copulation from a Bovine scatologist

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Which platform. Date.

Oh,...let me go check all the voluminous notes I kept as a 21 year old second engineer,and HP Welder, hopping from crew boat to tug, to barge, and back, 3-4 times a week, working 16s and 8s. We all keep meticulous diaries at that age.

You're something way beyond ridiculous, WET.

You gonna sell Jeff some of that miracle velocity enhancer, jam clearing crap, ....or keep ignoring HIS request ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/13/15.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Lets just cut the crap.

Which platform :

Where ?

Details?

Just remember ?

I know everything

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 10/13/15.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
http://enr.construction.com/products/equipment/2012/extras/0925/slideshow.asp?slide=4

171-m-long boom (560 ft), which can lift up to 3,640 tonnes at a radius of 73 m.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Lets just cut the crap.

I know everything

How many people have I killed?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nevermind.

Last edited by Jcubed; 10/13/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
4 miles ain't fer chitt. There are two bridges, side by side down in the Keys. 7 miles they are. The first was built by Henry Flagler working on 100 years ago. It is still serviceable.

I wondered how long itd take for someone to bring up the keys.

I can't help butt wonder if willie toots in the tub isn't the married wife of a paddler.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I know the Gulf like the back of my hand.

I spent my entire career in the drilling industry.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Where is the best place to hook a redfish in Waccasassa Bay?

I am..........disturbed.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lets just cut the crap.

Which platform :

Where ?

Details?

Just remember ?

I know everything

OK azzwhole,...when and where did the Jet Barge Jiraffa damned near sink, and who led the somewhat ill prepared and unusually motivated salvage team ?

How about "Lay 2" and her lifting capacity ?

Surely a man of you're "credentials" will remember Jirafa, and her checkered history ?

Gotta' ask,....by the time you had become a brilliant and totally formidable 14 year old,....how many times had YOU been through the "big ditch ?"

More than 14 ?

How many times answering an engine room telegraph, on a pretty skookum small german built motorship,... and being complimented by old school pilots ?

Did YOUR Dad's tramp frieghter company haul all of the steel, ATCO Trailer Camps for the bridge of the Americas ?

Did YOUR Dad's tramp freighter company haul all of the Cat's and HEAVY equipment for that job ?

Did YOUR Dad's tramp frieghter company haul all of the Refinery gear into the Veracruz and Lake Maracaibo oil patch ?

By the time you TURNED 14,....how many Latin American Revolutions had you actually SEEN,....or been close to,..."Boots on the ground," or "on the hook in the harbor?"

WTF were YOU doing at the age of 14, you wise and oh so self revered POS ?

I smell BS, Mister,....a punk engineer that breathed too much fecal dust in the canal zone,...and got involved in some incredibly screwed up evolutions,...not much more.

Write me a goddam sea story, ....punk.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/13/15.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 62 invisible), 3,235 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,860
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.