Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
You should never put automatic transmission fluid in your crankcase! It contains plastics that can ruin your fuel injectors when it burns.
Well - maybe never say "never" - my gas-fueled vehicles (14 of them) don't have injectors. And, if they did, I'd be scratching my head - and probably other things - trying to figure out how the stuff in the crankcase was getting into my injection pump.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I put some Berryman's B12 in the oil and let it idle for 5-10 minutes about once a year on my older cars. My Dad did it on his old car every oil change which killed the compression. He took the engine apart and said it was incredibly clean.

Last edited by Whiptail; 10/12/15.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Gee whiz! What a useless thread!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
pennsoil= sludge

Valvoline= nice clean motor.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by ironbender
You should never put automatic transmission fluid in your crankcase! It contains plastics that can ruin your fuel injectors when it burns.

I'm not a mechanic, so maybe you can help me understand how the ATF gets from the crankcase to the fuel system?

So your one of the many guys here who likes to post sarcastic remarks instead of making useful comments. Check out the 3rd comment on this thread from sixspeeedman about adding automatic transmassion fluid to his crankcase. It MIGHT help you understand.

IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Check out the 3rd comment on this thread from sixspeeedman about adding automatic transmassion fluid to his crankcase. It MIGHT help you understand.

Ummm... no.

Speedsixman said nothing about ATF getting from crankcase to the fuel injectors. That was you.

If ATF in the crankcase is bad, go ahead & make that claim, & explain why. If adding it to the crankcase is somehow bad for the fuel injectors, please explain how.

FWIW, If iron bender was being sarcastic, I don't think he did very well at this particular attempt. wink

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ATF or any other crank case additive will not have anything to do with the injectors.
Ironbender and FC need to be a little more sarcastic to that claim.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Plenty of silly... interesting ideas.

How about this? Only put into the crankcase what your car's manufacturer specifically tells you to put in.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure agree as well with regard to the only modern vehicle we own - a 2001. All of the others here are 43 to 48 years old and the owners' manuals disappeared a long time ago. So, I guess.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Anybody use one of those engine flush products? Auto's or marvels mystery oil, gunk en h inexpensive flush any of those?

The new kid on the block is a relatively new purported product

CeramiLube.

Phenome, cutting edge.

The absolute new product

I posted super abudaaaa

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 10/13/15.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Anybody use one of those engine flush products? Auto's or marvels mystery oil, gunk en h inexpensive flush any of those?

CeramiLube.

Phenome, cutting edge.

The absolute new product

I posted super abudaaaa

That is brake lube isn't it?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe

CeramiLube.

Phenome, cutting edge.

The absolute new product

I posted super abudaaaa

That is brake lube isn't it?

If you patch your barrel with it you get a 50% instant increase in velocity. Great stuff it seems... grin

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
On a less sarcastic note, I don't ever add anything to my oil to "clean things" but I do to the fuel. My 16 year old diesel will burn ATF, used oil, Jet fuel and diesel just fine. Since the good diesel fuel went away, I generally add something at each fill-up. Right now I am used small engine 2-stroke oil because I got it for $1 quart at a convenience store! Ultra low sulfur diesel does not lubricate your injection system very good.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pal
Plenty of silly... interesting ideas.

How about this? Only put into the crankcase what your car's manufacturer specifically tells you to put in.

OK, "PAL",

I'll NEVER rescue an old rig or the engine powering it again,...whether from a flood, or 30 years parked in crazy climatic conditions somewhere.

In the "REAL" world,...we never have to wake up a questionable or potentially damaged engine,...

always "Follow"

Only put into the crankcase what your car's manufacturer specifically tells you to put in.

What a large load of smelly, rank, and imbalanced fertilizer.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/13/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
On a less sarcastic note, I don't ever add anything to my oil to "clean things" but I do to the fuel. My 16 year old diesel will burn ATF, used oil, Jet fuel and diesel just fine. Since the good diesel fuel went away, I generally add something at each fill-up. Right now I am used small engine 2-stroke oil because I got it for $1 quart at a convenience store! Ultra low sulfur diesel does not lubricate your injection system very good.

It's rumored that certain "Desert Rats" have been pumping their used motor oil into their bulk diesel tanks, filtering it properly, and (GASP!),...putting it back into their road truck's tank. eek

The 2-stroke oil is going to blow up your (our) engine(s),....some when, somehow, ... Maybe we need to try to get our engines HOTTER, for that to play out.

Too damned cold and engine friendly to torture test any of this here, eh ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

I'm not a mechanic, so maybe you can help me understand how the ATF gets from the crankcase to the fuel system?

So your one of the many guys here who likes to post sarcastic remarks instead of making useful comments. Check out the 3rd comment on this thread from sixspeeedman about adding automatic transmassion fluid to his crankcase. It MIGHT help you understand.

I opoligize for MY sarcastic comment. I posted it without thinking about what sixspeed actually said. Of course putting auto trans fluid into your crankcase won't damage fuel injectors. I had a friend who used to put a gallon of auto trans fluid in his gas tank at every fill up thinking it cleaned the carbon out of his engine.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

It's rumored that certain "Desert Rats" have been pumping their used motor oil into their bulk diesel tanks, filtering it properly, and (GASP!),...putting it back into their road truck's tank. eek

The 2-stroke oil is going to blow up your (our) engine(s),....some when, somehow, ... Maybe we need to try to get our engines HOTTER, for that to play out.

Too damned cold and engine friendly to torture test any of this here, eh ?

GTC

2 stroke oil is made to be burned. It is actually recommended over almost all of the commercially available diesel additives. 1 Qt to 40 gallons.

Swift transportation, the largest trucking company in the world, ran their old engine oil right back through their 60 series Detroits until the EPA told them to knock it off.

Another buddy uses old oil to make dyed diesel no longer red. Lots of good uses for it!

Motor oil has more BTUs per gallon that diesel fuel. As long as it isn't too thick to inject, it works fine. I wouldn't run straight fryer oil, it will ruin your injectors.

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that why we see so many Swift trucks broke down on the side of the road?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

I opoligize for MY sarcastic comment. I posted it without thinking about what sixspeed actually said. Of course putting auto trans fluid into your crankcase won't damage fuel injectors. I had a friend who used to put a gallon of auto trans fluid in his gas tank at every fill up thinking it cleaned the carbon out of his engine.

Well, that was my question. Glad it's all sorted now.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1badf350, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 280Jeff, 60 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,147
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.