Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
This is how I always bought beef and pork back home in Pennsylvania. I'm looking to buy a half cow and a whole pig chemical free here in the Williston area or within a couple hours ride.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish you was closer, got a brangus steer in the pasture that is fixing to get pulled off its mom and put on full feed, normally take them to the butcher between 900-1100lbs but the one we butchered in april was 1250lbs cause the butcher shop was behind a little.

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
You and me both brother, that's right up my alley. Thanks though.

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Maybe look on www.bismanonline.com or put an add on it too

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This Is Only Way To Buy Beef-Pork..

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
And lamb!

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a steer that another guy wants half.

This was one of the kids' 4H steers. No implant. Grain fed through the winter. On grass the last couple months.

If you're interested, let me know.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I might just have what you need, located in MT you are welcome to shoot me a PM if interested and I will get you a phone number to call me at. You want one with a set of horns to go along with that or horn free?
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seriously. Tell me how to go about this. Educate me....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why not put WTB in your ad?
Takes out any confusion right away...

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I can fix you up, I live near Sidney my relatives raise beef, and the pork shouldn't be a problem either

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Montana badger is a good man. If I were you I'd get a hold of him.

Is it Friday yet?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BachelorJack

Pretty simple.

First, depends on what you want. Only hamburger. You can buy a cow or bull or part of one. Have it all ground up. You can buy from a local farmer or contact your local processing plant and tell them you are looking for. If you want the normal cuts, buying a spare 4H or FFA steer is a good way to go. Or advertise to buy an open heifer or yearling bull.

Around here, there are a hundred purebred producers. So, in February and March, there are a number of yearling bulls that don't pass semen test that are sold for slaughter.

Once the animal is located, you arrange for a processor to slaughter and cut it up. Give them directions about what it is you want and how to process it and pay them for the service.

Before you do all this, make sure you have the freezer space.

Last edited by Tarkio; 10/20/15.

Montana MOFO
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by BachelorJack

Pretty simple.

First, depends on what you want. Only hamburger. You can buy a cow or bull or part of one. Have it all ground up. You can buy from a local farmer or contact your local processing plant and tell them you are looking for. If you want the normal cuts, buying a spare 4H or FFA steer is a good way to go. Or advertise to buy an open heifer or yearling bull.

Around here, there are a hundred purebred producers. So, in February and March, there are a number of yearling bulls that don't pass semen test that are sold for slaughter.

Once the animal is located, you arrange for a processor to slaughter and cut it up. Give them directions about what it is you want and how to process it and pay them for the service.

Before you do all this, make sure you have the freezer space.

I'll echo the part about making sure you have the freezer space. I thought I had space in my chest freezer, but ended up having to buy another freezer.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is the approximate cost/pound?

Dave

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Montana badger pm sent

Tight chains.

A=A

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 21, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,017
Posts18,500,379
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.