Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,532 of 1,842 1 2 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1841 1842
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Grouse hunting was differ then what im used to. I dont think the grouse ever been hunted before. The dog would jump the birds then the birds would just roost in a tree wouldnt fly away. It was more of a meat harvest. The crappies were 13 to 14 inches we got 20 of them in one hour. The guide told me thats the best hes ever done an hour. Most of the time it would take him longer. We caught 150 walleyes in 4 hours was awesome..From 8inch to 26 inch. Fished the Canucker side..

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Gophergunner, life is good, and busy.Went antelope hunting in Wy. We got 3 was a good trip. And just back from the Angle.
Heading up this weekend to check stands, then the opener will be here before we know it..

I read your hunting around by the houses. If you ever need someone to help you drag the 30 point buck out, I am around during the week. Pm me we can exchange numbers. If you want.If not no worries..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mule1,great deer!

Noduckster,Great pictures of a good trip.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm jealous of that fishing no duck!!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great job, Joey!!! Enjoy these special times with your dad. Right now for you it may seem like it takes forever for deer season to come each year. I can tell you, each year seems to pass faster and faster, and each brings a new and different deer camp memory. This year will mark my 50th year deer hunting ... I hope you will have as many fond memories of your deer camps as I. Here is my first deer, 1965.
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by noduck
Gophergunner, life is good, and busy.Went antelope hunting in Wy. We got 3 was a good trip. And just back from the Angle.
Heading up this weekend to check stands, then the opener will be here before we know it..

I read your hunting around by the houses. If you ever need someone to help you drag the 30 point buck out, I am around during the week. Pm me we can exchange numbers. If you want.If not no worries..

'Duck-I'll be in touch. I've been wanting to match up with you since the raid on the Steakhouse in Farmington. Congrats on the Angle trip and the speed goats, by the way. Heading out today to get my BIL all sighted in for the opener. My son's buddy is coming home from the Marines today and will join us for gun season. 'Setting up a rifle for him too. Gonna be a busy couple of weeks here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Great job, Joey!!! Enjoy these special times with your dad. Right now for you it may seem like it takes forever for deer season to come each year. I can tell you, each year seems to pass faster and faster, and each brings a new and different deer camp memory. This year will mark my 50th year deer hunting ... I hope you will have as many fond memories of your deer camps as I. Here is my first deer, 1965.
[Linked Image]

That is an awesome picture!

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by noduck
Grouse hunting was differ then what im used to. I dont think the grouse ever been hunted before. The dog would jump the birds then the birds would just roost in a tree wouldnt fly away. It was more of a meat harvest. .

I've seen that before up here. I think they have learned to associate dogs with coyotes/wolves. They know they just have to get up off the ground and they are safe. Same for bobcat I suppose, although I doubt they ever get to "learn" about bobcat. They either get eaten by one or they dont.

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
[Linked Image]

That's a nice deer!!!I got a doe to.dad jumped my first deer.while me and mom were in the stand.and this big Huge doe came running!and mom woke up!and the gun was already out the window.and I was whispering to mom I can't get the safety off!tick..BOOM!

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My uncle hunts grouse with a dog and a pretty decent hunting dog. He tells me it's 50/50 whether or not they flush or fly into a tree.

This past weekend we saw 11 birds. I think all but two flushed pretty much out of range. They were jumpy. It was windy and I've heard in the wind they're spooky suckers.

We were trying hard to get Jack his first one but he missed the shot due to 10 year old excitement. smile It's so much fun!

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm trying to dig up some photos of Joey's first deer (last year)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well that was the most fun day for me

Joey

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone
My uncle hunts grouse with a dog and a pretty decent hunting dog. He tells me it's 50/50 whether or not they flush or fly into a tree.

This past weekend we saw 11 birds. I think all but two flushed pretty much out of range. They were jumpy. It was windy and I've heard in the wind they're spooky suckers.

We were trying hard to get Jack his first one but he missed the shot due to 10 year old excitement. smile It's so much fun!

Wow I haven't heard of people hunting grouse with a dog that's awesome! Tell jack I said good luck on the next grouse! I hope when he gets his first grouse he has the super grin in the pics!
smile

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Congrats to all on filling tags and catching fish!! It is great to see all the photos, especially those with young hunters and anglers. The smiles certainly tell the story!! Great story Joey on last year's hunt....

Grouse hunting around here has been slow. There are a few birds around, but like Tom said it has been so windy making for some tough hunting conditions. The old 16 gauge Wingmaster has only barked a couple of times due to limited time hunting. Our house has had a great season so far. Two grouse have slammed into the windows breaking their necks this week. Not much meat damage and have not lost a window, yet!!

Scrapes and rubs are starting to show up as the bucks ramp up....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Maybe you can help him out this weekend Joe. He's coming up and he's very excited to see you. I'm bringing Noah too. He is Jack's step-brother. Noah is 11 and very excited to be there too! He's heard us talk about chickenbuck a lot so he wanted to check it out for himself.

Noah shot his first deer last year. It was a nubbin buck.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mmgravy

Scrapes and rubs are starting to show up as the bucks ramp up....

Scrapes you say? grunt grunt rattle rattle.

This happened when I came into the office this morning. I don't know what came over me...but I pee'd all over it.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not surprising considering......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chickenbuck Joe !

Welcome to your families Legacy.

Hope you continue to contribute to the goings on here, either written, or through your infectious smile & humor !

How did the heart taste ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tzone
Maybe you can help him out this weekend Joe. He's coming up and he's very excited to see you. I'm bringing Noah too. He is Jack's step-brother. Noah is 11 and very excited to be there too! He's heard us talk about chickenbuck a lot so he wanted to check it out for himself.

Noah shot his first deer last year. It was a nubbin buck.

I wonder if me Noah and jack could go grouce hunting?! Maybe I could show Noah the trails if he wants!

Joey

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good idea Joe! You and jack an show him the lay of the land.

Page 1,532 of 1,842 1 2 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (2500HD, 160user, 17CalFan, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.