Page 1,534 of 1,842 1 2 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The timber cluckins don't stand a chance against this burly woodsman and his lime green sneaker laces!

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh boy!

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We made a quick trip out to the cabin tonight to grab a trail cam.

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Lol it was raining feathers!

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Holy cow..Nice grouse Joe way to go. Looks like you got a big weekend of guiding coming up.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I sure do!

Joey

Hi, I'm northerndave's youngest boy.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
What was on that trail cam?

That's a nice bird Joe. I hope we get a few more so your dad can make us some soup!

Noah hasn't shot a grouse either. You'll have to guide them Joe!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thing you have created a monster Dave. I like it. I love the enthusiasm. I remember being like that at that age. Hope the boys get a whole truck load of Grooses this weekend. Safe hunting guys. And Dave drive a Ford so you can get back home.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
My boy and I were hunting grouse east of you guys over the long MEA weekend. We ended up with 15 birds for eating. It was windy on Friday so they were jumpier than usual, which made a little wing shooting necessary. The rest of the weekend we were able to take them off the ground and out of the trees for nice clean head shots. A few small scrapes were showing up overnight into Saturday. Have fun and good luck guys!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey cabin! It sounds like you had a great weekend! Where were you guys?

We were north of duluth about 25 miles.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
And Dave drive a Ford so you can get back home.

There just so happens to be a certain gleaming black 1977 F250 F250 4x4 just sitting around all sad and stuff, right here in the yard at home. Maybe Joey and I will have to take that ford out to camp.

A report on the chevy though, while I'm at it.

Maybe a full disclosure, lol.

I needed a truck, I knew what I wanted in a truck... and I ended up with a chevy instead. lol!

No seriously though. My criteria was 3/4 or 1 ton, at least an extended cab, possibly a crew. And I wanted to fins private owner truck with a V blade snow plow already rigged to it. Private owner, private use, not a commercial plow rig.

I wanted a super duty, but I really didn't want a diesel. Gas choices were V10 or 5.4
I was fine with either one of those choices but the trucks seemed a bit rare, I wasn't finding any. Every one I did find was above my price range or totally beat up and clapped out.

So, I expanded my search to include GM 2500 HD trucks. I had learned that the HD trucks had heavier frames that the non HD versions, springs and other components as well such as a full floating rear axle.

We found one in our price range, 2003 2500HD crew, nice interior, paint delamination and some rust issues on the body. It was a one owner truck with a Boss V plow that came with the truck. I drove it it worked out ok in a little city driving test drive.

Check engine light started flashing the moment I handed the guy his cash.

So far I've done iridium spark plugs, AC delco wires, a new electronic accelerator pedal, new throttle body, cleaned injectors, ultimately a crank shaft variance relearn scan is what cured the flashing check engine light. The throttle body and fancy gas pedal was also necessary because the truck was having problems where it would just shut down while at cruise speed, "reduced power mode" because the throttle body and gas pedal were confused, worn out or what ever.

I also installed a pair of timken brand front wheel bearing/hub assemblies. One had noticeable play in it and the other was questionable. Yesterday Nathan and I installed new drivers door hinge bushings so the door now shuts nice.

Next up will probably be an attempt at extracting the many broken exhaust manifold bolts that are stuck in the aluminum cylinder heads. (cold engine exhaust leaks, drives me nuts.)

The truck is behaving itself just fine now, no check engine light and it runs out and drives real nice. If I start to trust the truck a little more I may fix the body and paint and keep it for a while.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good to hear you're driving a good vehicle! I love my '93 2500
she's a go getter with the rubber floor and 5speed manual. gave her a new pair of shoes the other day that will really grip for hunting season.

got a call yesterday while we were vaccinating/loading Bison to be shipped off to Kansas. my exwife called to tell me my son got in trouble for fighting at school. apparently some kid was being a prick to him so he punched him and kicked him once on the ground. to me the worst part is he tried to lie about it rather than admit he messed up. SO tonight I'll be dealing with that. I have yet to make it archery hunting this year yet. this deeply saddens me frown

Way to go on the grouse Joe! I have never shot a ruffed type, just sharpies and spruce

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, so far we are off to a bad start with the heavy chevy. I've owned 9 different fords in the past 17 years or so that I would call "relatively late model rigs" being 5 to 10 yrs old on average and usually in the 100-175k mile range when purchased.

In those years mentioned and through all those different rigs, I believe I have seen a check engine light one time. It was on an older superduty and it turned out to be a rubber O ring (a 5 cent part) that cracked and caused a leak in an oil supply to the fuel pump, resulting in low fuel pressure. Oh wait... I've also had 2 alternators. One in an F150 and one in an expedition.

Other than that it has been regular service. Oil, filters, tires.

The chevy, is NOT on par. lol!

I'm going to give it a chance though.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My buddy had a cheby 3/4ton for plowing. i am sure you may have seen it on the lake Dave. he had a lot of issues with that when plowing. from what he said the tend to overheat alot when worked. he got a new gasser super duty now. when are you heading to chickenbuck?

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Are you trying to tell me Lester got a superduty?

Heading to camp friday night. We will be gone from camp for a while Saturday morning, need to run home and meet my Camaro client, he's picking up his car.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wheres the pic of the car? No, Ryan got the super duty. got rid of the 3/4 ton. no one could figure out why kept overheating when plowing. checked everything. Maybe i can get lester to come for a visit after dark thirty friday night. have to go to sauk rapids for B-Ball agian this weekend.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Hey T and all Chickenbuckeroos. We hail from for NE MN in gunflint country. Our old home, is now our cabin, which is now our home a away from our home in the west metro area of MPLS. We are fixing to move back to our real home ASAP!!!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by cabindweller
Hey T and all Chickenbuckeroos. We hail from for NE MN in gunflint country. Our old home, is now our cabin, which is now our home a away from our home in the west metro area of MPLS. We are fixing to move back to our real home ASAP!!!!

That's really cool. I look forward to staying at gunflint resort again. I had heard those folks had the place for sale in recent years. Do you know if the place has changed hands? They were on Gunflint lake.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Maybe it was called Gunflint lodge?

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
wheres the pic of the car?

I'll try to post a pic or 2 after they pick the car up. smile

Something clever here.

Page 1,534 of 1,842 1 2 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,736 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.