-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken, your likeness is better than mine...

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Like this one. cool

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
California Begins Confiscating Legally-Purchased Guns
It is not surprising that the first police raids to take legally-purchased firearms from citizens are in California. Until recently, the state had the strictest gun control laws and the liberal run state government has always looked unfavorably on the Second Amendment.

Earlier this year, the state legislature expanded the list of what they call “prohibited persons” – people who have legally registered a firearm but, for various reasons, are no longer allowed their Second Amendment rights. These reasons were expanded to include people who are behind on state taxes, did not pay toll fees in a “timely” manner and a wide range of other minor misdemeanors or reported mental health concerns.

In preparation for the crackdown, the state authorized $24 million to hire additional officers to track down 20,000 people on the list. One person on this list was Joe Mendez.

A police officer came to the door and lured Mendez out of his house with a story of a hit and run report. Once outside, he had M16s pointed within inches of his face, was taken into custody and had all weapons removed from his house.

It is important to remember that these were legally- purchased and registered firearms. That gets to the other issue about this initiative.

This case demonstrates what registration lists really are. They are tools to allow police to confiscate weapons. And, all they have to do in California is come up with a reason you should be on the prohibited persons list; a list that is continuously expanding in its scope and definition.

California gun owners beware: your firearms and rights are being confiscated by your liberal politicians.

Link

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've lost all fear of any "confiscation". FedGov claims that they can't raid restaurants and construction worksites for illegal mexicons, how the hell are "they" going to do any better rounding up guns????

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
If it ever comes to an Aussie-style confiscation, I think that the people manning the buyback centers should be shot while they are working.

Yep, and the people voluntarily turning over there weapons should be too.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When Gore was running and made handgun registration part of his platform I said right then he just drove the nails in his own coffin...and it did cost him the election.

Clinton will do the same thing with gun confiscation..it's about the only thing that will guarantee she doesn't get elected.

So...as Ole Brer Rabbit used to always say......

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"BUT, just how in detail would you deal with destroying our enemies? Details please, not puffs of smoke."

You start, today, by advocating for school vouchers, whereby a parent, any parent, can take their kids to the school of the parents choice, private, parochial, public.

What you will see, is private schools spring up almost overnight. And them, you can have YOUR kids taught what you want them to be taught.If the parent does not like what school A is teaching, they can move to school B.

Remember what Lenin said "Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted."

The Left is using their position in the public schools to indoctrinate our children against our beliefs.

Ask your kid, or a neighbors kid, if they were taught anything about the Constitution.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by noKnees

I have to believe that Hillary had some analysis done before she started talking gun control and figured that it wasn't going to hurt her among the groups that she thinks will vote for her.
She did get that analysis, but it was based on the echo chamber of her own kind. These people only listen to each other, and they've all convinced themselves that the recent mass shootings have tipped the scales, as they like to say, in their favor. What they don't realize is that normal, reasonable, people don't blame guns, or their right to possess and carry them, for these events, so the compounding of the number of their occurrences has no more effect on their opinion about the importance of remaining free and armed than would a rash of tornados or lightning strikes. They blame the individuals who did it and the restrictive gun laws and policies that have the effect of magnifying the number of deaths that occur since no one was there who was also armed and thus able to stop the madman.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's been said here many times before - there's no such thing as a compromise on guns. Any little give or take always results in them getting a little bit more of their goal and us losing a little more. No matter how small the compromise, they NEVER give up anything. They only get less. We ALWAYS give up something, never getting anything.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k22hornet
"BUT, just how in detail would you deal with destroying our enemies? Details please, not puffs of smoke."

You start, today, by advocating for school vouchers, whereby a parent, any parent, can take their kids to the school of the parents choice, private, parochial, public.

What you will see, is private schools spring up almost overnight. And them, you can have YOUR kids taught what you want them to be taught.If the parent does not like what school A is teaching, they can move to school B.

Remember what Lenin said "Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted."

The Left is using their position in the public schools to indoctrinate our children against our beliefs.

Ask your kid, or a neighbors kid, if they were taught anything about the Constitution.

First good point in detail. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hope paddler shows up so we can stick this up his keester..

I hope he stays away, but I can promise you he's sticking things in his keester.

very well said

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by k22hornet

Written thousands of years ago,

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)

Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I hope he stays away, but I can promise you he's sticking things in his keester.

wouldn't that hurt? eek Hell I damn near punch the Doc during prostate exams.

She makes this part of her campaign and she's destroyed. There are lots of dem firearm owners. She's better off to play into their expectations and give them one...or 2.

Vote for me and get a gun!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've fought for my country once before, and have absolutely no qualms doing so again...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
+1 Fost

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I've lost all fear of any "confiscation". FedGov claims that they can't raid restaurants and construction worksites for illegal mexicons, how the hell are "they" going to do any better rounding up guns????

It's a matter of determination.
Persuit of a goal, or not, is simply a matter of choice.

Some people are fool enough to believe this is a nation of laws.
Evidently I'm among a minority...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
The media would certainly report that we are all happily surrendering our arms to the local authorities. The key is to give them what they have been asking for.....a good fight!!!!! Make the misery of our resolve bring them to the bargaining table in a hurry.

If it ever starts, going to the bargaining table would be the biggest mistake ever. When you have the opportunity to destroy your enemies, you do it. Make no mistake about it, the people who support Obama are your enemies, if you value any of the founding principles of the country.

I'm on line with your sentiments.

BUT, just how in detail would you deal with destroying our enemies? Details please, not puffs of smoke.

Anyone attempting to confiscate firearms would have to be eliminated, followed by those who you know to support leftists.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Gerbils?

If ever he and I meet I'm gonna jam an oar up his keester and spin it and I will NOT afford him the courtesy of pre-lubing the oar lock.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kciH
Anyone attempting to confiscate firearms would have to be eliminated, followed by those who you know to support leftists.

But... You repeat yourself.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ye, but most people just pull the handle for tyranny...they need to be dealt with or you'd have the same issues immediately.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 65 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,439
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.