Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,540 of 1,842 1 2 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1841 1842
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep, the camaraderie is where it is at for me during deer season. My daughter, son and DIL will be hunting this year not to mention my six year old granddaughter who asked me again this year if we could go deer hunting.

I said YES!!!

Last year she had asked me to go hunting and we had fun walking out to her mother's stand, seeing a 3x3 buck there, then walking again to another stand to sit for three minutes. On the way back to Grandma's house we stopped to eat candy bars and saw a doe!!

I think she is hooked.....

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by noduck
62 degrees in the house. Have not turned the furnace on yet.
Conditioning myself for the deer stand LOL. Plus i like to see how long i can go before the wife starts to complain.

Was at Fleet Farm in lakeville today. Didnt see any must have new deer slayer products. I am a sucker for that stuff.

Hey, let's consult with rooster7 on new hunting gadgets. Jim is a full blown gadget junkie! lol!

Rooster, what's new in the gadget world? Golden estrus licorice?

Silent candy wrappers? (that will never exist)

grunt/rattling compass that sprays deer urine and points you in the direction of the deer instead of pointing north?

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by kinser
Hey Dave is that a 70 1/2 or a 71 ? Beautiful car !!

71, and thank you.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mmgravy

Last year she had asked me to go hunting and we had fun walking out to her mother's stand, seeing a 3x3 buck there, then walking again to another stand to sit for three minutes. On the way back to Grandma's house we stopped to eat candy bars and saw a doe!!

I think she is hooked.....

I'd have been hooked at the candy bar.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Conditioning myself for the deer stand LOL. Plus i like to see how long i can go before the wife starts to complain.

Was at Fleet Farm in lakeville today. Didnt see any must have new deer slayer products. I am a sucker for that stuff.

Hey, let's consult with rooster7 on new hunting gadgets. Jim is a full blown gadget junkie! lol!

grunt/rattling compass that sprays deer urine and points you in the direction of the deer instead of pointing north?

grin

These are all very good suggestions!

Let's start with the candy wrappers. grin

That used to drive me so crazy that I'd open 6 of the mini-bars and put them in a Ziploc so they were quieter. grin

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This is the 3rd time Mr.Buck has beaten up my 3d deer target.
Got him on camera this time. The local authority will be called in to handle such matter.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As you can see in pic#2.The deer has crazy eyes. I hope the police will step up the patrols around here before another 3d deer gets taken out.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm just impressed you got a truth fam 35 to still take pics

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I got 3 of them. All work great. Got them on Natchez the refurbished ones.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had 3 of them and the did work great. lol grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
da buchks we got in poker are da only buchks we got. we been in camp fir 14 day hun never fired a shot.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

grin

I'm with None Ducks. I was just at Fleet today and didn't come out with one new gadget. For once I think I'm pretty set for season. I did pick up some more hand and foot warmers though for the long sits outside. I think my next gadget should be an enclosed stand with a heater. One of these years...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
laugh Went out the back door this morning and found a buck scrape about 10 steps from the back door. crazy So I hung a trail cam. This mind you is in the city of Eagan. My deck would make a good stand about a 10 yard shot. Guess I should use the bow so the neighbors don't get excited and call it in wink

Last edited by TJAY; 10/30/15.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
TJAY, I used to be a garbageman and I had a wednesday route in Eagan. It didn't matter what time of day, I'd see turkeys, deer and coyotes running around houses and townhomes all the time. Just not all at the same time smile

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
New 2 99s, that's some beautiful country you hunt in for sure. Guys, man this week will be tough to try and work, luckily I got friday off. So thursday night my buddy and me will be driving up to the deer shack after I drop the teenager off at Cheer practice. Hopefully it'll be Northward on about 730 o'clock pmish. Nothing like opening up the Deer Shack around midnight, two nights before opener and having the whole next week off to hunt, cuss, eat and chew the fat!

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw a darn nice buck last night hanging with a couple of does. He wasn't all messed up in the head yet but was slipping a bit. It was about 600yds from my favorite stands.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who has the fever? ... 7 days and counting. What will be in your chamber? I'm going to stat out with a Savage 99EG in .300 Savage.
[Linked Image]

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I see the good ole turdy turdy in the lineup!

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TJAY
laugh Went out the back door this morning and found a buck scrape about 10 steps from the back door. crazy So I hung a trail cam. This mind you is in the city of Eagan. My deck would make a good stand about a 10 yard shot. Guess I should use the bow so the neighbors don't get excited and call it in wink

Eden Prairie is about the same. I put a cam in the backyard three nights this fall and had pics of deer all three nights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
308 for me this year if in the stand, 44mag if walking.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
went bow hunting this evening ,in spite of a healthy breeze.
had four within range,no chance for a shot though.
its just a matter of time before one presents a decent shot.
thought it was going to be tonite,but the property owner and his wife went out for dinner,and scared the three feeding my way at 40 yards back the way they came.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 1,540 of 1,842 1 2 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.