Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I'm planning on buying three more firearms before we move in the next few weeks. I'm taking a job that pays alot less than I'm making and so is my wife. Money isn't everything and we've decided we'd rather spend the rest of our lives in beautiful country.

Im pretty much outfitted with all the toys I need but I want to buy another back up rifle, cheap over and under and rimfire. I went to local Sportsman's and they are out of what I'm looking for and don't even carry the 555.

I travel in the Williston areas within 3 hours north, south, east and west of there on a regular basis. Actually got a lot of work going on around Fairview and Sidney. If anybody reading this is a small time FFL or owns a tiny shop I'd like to give you my business aslong as you don't try to retire on transaction with inflated price tags.

Might as well help an individual out and besides I'm a little irratated with three recent shortcomings at Williston's Sportsman's Warehouse.

What I want: TIKKA T3 stainless super lite in 260 or a Howa Alpine. Maybe both at some point but preferred the Tikka now. Maybe another Swede, but this time in stainless. Having owned three different Tikkas in different cartridges I love them, but their bluing is the only thing I dislike. My 243 and swede started rusting first season I bought them and I'm a pretty anal shoot and clean same day kind of guy. None of my other firearms since I was a kid have ever rusted. I love the stainless t3 lite 7mm 08

Next one is a CZ 455 17 HMR

Third, Savage 555 20 gauge I just bought the 12 gauge version and love it.

I'd like to order all three same time and give you half the money up front and other half when they come in. If any of you western montucky fellas have a local dude in mind let me know. I'm in Fairview and Sidney areas every week along with Watford city area as well.

Thanks

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cabelas has the Tikka T3 Super Light stainless models on sale this week. Probably as cheap as you will find one anywhere.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Cabelas has the Tikka T3 Super Light stainless models on sale this week. Probably as cheap as you will find one anywhere.

I don't have any Cabelas around me, but thanks for the heads up. If I could find an FFL to ship to I might order one there then have it shipped to FFL

Thanks again

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41

I don't have any Cabelas around me, but thanks for the heads up. If I could find an FFL to ship to I might order one there then have it shipped to FFL

Thanks again

Chlinstructor, what they asking for them?

Tight chains.

A=A

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Billings (Cabelas) is only four hours from Sydney.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by jakelly
Billings (Cabelas) is only four hours from Sydney.

Thanks, i didnt know there was a Cabelas in Billings; maybe a weekend trip.

Tight chains.

A=A

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Call or email Whittaker's gun shop and ask for Darrik or Eric. If they don't have it in stock they will find it for you. My guess is they'll be way more competitive in price than Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse. $9.99 flat rate shipping on long guns plus what ever transfer fees you have to pay. My transfer agent is $35 for the first and $10 each additional. Which I'm betting will come out cheaper than the sales taxes you'll have to pay.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Montana has NO SALES TAX.. On big Items it can save you a bunch... We usually try to shop in Billings once ever 4-6 weeks..

Molon Labe
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't know how but double tapped almost 30 min later.

Last edited by taylorce1; 11/01/15. Reason: remove double post
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Soon to be a proud owner of a .308 Superlite. Got one on the way from a member here. I've never owned a 308; had all its siblings at one time, but never the parent cartridge. Might have the CZ from another member as well.

Tight chains.

A=A

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Shceels in Bismarck and Minot.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by viking
Shceels in Bismarck and Minot.

Thanks for the Minot tip, I did not know of that store there.

Tight chains.

A=A

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks again

Chlinstructor, what they asking for them?

Seems like it was either $799 or $850 for the stainless fluted camo Super Lite. I can't remember.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Roger that.

Tight chains.

A=A

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See you're getting a good deal on the T3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Minot also has Sportsman's Loft. It's kind of tucked away on a frontage road near the intersection of Highways 2 and 83. Is Scenic Sports still in Williston?
Bismarck has Runnings, and another Scheels store.
Hazen has 4J's Gun Pro shop, my backyard neighbor for 30 years.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,536 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,195
Posts18,524,054
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.