Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Forum members,

Long story, won auction on a muzzleloader. Previous emails that I have where condition of muzzy was discussed and relayed to me. Sent bank check as payment. It was cashed. Received muzzy. Condition was nothing as described and I am being conservative on the condition. Requested a refund. Seller obliged. Sent muzzy via signature required the next day. Seller signed and received muzzy. Seller said he sent money order back numerous times in the last 2.5 weeks. I have not received it as of yet and don't really think I am gettin my money back at this point.

Looking for experienced fire members as to what options I have at this point. Not trying to cause problems just trying to find a solution that I could possibly get my money back.

Thx

GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Look at their policies. They'll back you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's always the GB feedback option. If you leave the seller bad feedback, everyone will see the feedback that you left on the seller and the specific transaction. Someone that sells or buys on GB frequently will not want any bad feedback.
Also, check out this link if you want to file a complaint:
http://www.gunbroker.com/User/BuyerProtection.aspx

Good luck and I hope everything gets worked out for you.

-----Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle or shotgun.-----
-----NRA Lifetime Endowment Member-----
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
what old rooster said. i had same problem it lasted for 30 days. pmo was cashed but no rifle. got in touch with gb they said it was taken care of. rifle arrived in 2 DAYS!!! thanks, gb.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Plus 2. Make it miserable for the seller and use the GB protection plan.

Member National Rifle Association, Life since 1961
Amateur Radio Op. Callsign KC3EK; KC3EK/BV & KC3EK/9M
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
ask him for a snap shot of the $ order carbon copy. before you give him negative feed back and notify GB to open a complaint.Mail does get screwed up now and then but a carbon copy will tell the tale.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
PM sent.....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by MegaVinn
Forum members,

Long story, won auction on a muzzleloader. Previous emails that I have where condition of muzzy was discussed and relayed to me. Sent bank check as payment. It was cashed. Received muzzy. Condition was nothing as described and I am being conservative on the condition. Requested a refund. Seller obliged. Sent muzzy via signature required the next day. Seller signed and received muzzy. Seller said he sent money order back numerous times in the last 2.5 weeks. I have not received it as of yet and don't really think I am gettin my money back at this point.

Looking for experienced fire members as to what options I have at this point. Not trying to cause problems just trying to find a solution that I could possibly get my money back.

I presume you have the money order receipt? You could check to see if it has been cashed.

Also, I presume you have the receipt for the money order? You could always check to see if it has been cashed.

Thx

The fact that the guy sent you the muzzleloader in the first place and then accepted it back makes it less likely that he's out to cheat you now. On one occasion, I had an insured package shipped from a locale to which I could have driven in about 35 minutes. It took about 2 weeks for me to get it. Another time I mailed a check to a bank for deposit I could have driven to in about 20 minutes; it took a MONTH to get there. Then there was the letter delivered by the post office after about a year. I'd give the guy a bit more time.

As far as what gunbroker will do to protect you, I'd say not much.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.