Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 175 1 2 3 4 5 6 174 175
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by mudhen
So, we still don't know what went down--just how it started and how it ended. Until someone fills in the blanks, it's just speculation for your own entertainment.

That's every cop thread on the Campfire.

Travis

We do, however know how many Campfire members have swallowed the liberal, anti-cop, Obama philosophy though....

It plays out daily in the press and on capitol hill.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB4

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Here's some interesting statistics. Traditionally, about 2/3 of all LEO's killed feloniously were in the South. In 2014, for the first time ever, the blue states are killing cops at a far greater pace. I guess Black Lives Matter is working.

years with republican presidents, the average police caused fatalities is 361.

years with democrat presidents, the average police caused fatalities is 381.

Last edited by RWE; 11/03/15.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by RWE
Pat, those numbers must be wrong.

Given the outrage by many here, the deaths by the hands of the jack booted surely is larger.

Surely.

Shirley.

How many of them really needed killing?

good question. We should analyze each case.

But it certainly doesn't appear to be the roughshod rampant police state we are led to believe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only real difference is that the Government (Jurors) used to kill them too.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have had more than one incident of a wounded animal, and needing to put it down.
1. a deer, still alive, laying by a road. Being a new deputy at the time i knew legally only game and fish had authority to do that. So i called him out at 10pm at night.
He said why didn't you shoot it? Went over what i was taught. He said next time just shoot it and call me and i will say i told you to do it.

A wounded black angus up on a trail, shot with an arrow. Pretty sure the mexicans camped below the trail did it.
i got back in to cellphone range and called the sheriff's department. Told them about it and said it was still alive.
He confirmed it belonged to the rancher i thought it did. Asked me why i didn't kill it. And i said i didn't have legal permission to do it. Answer was, that rancher would understand and don't worry about it.
I don't know the whole story either. But i do know i would not have allowed a wounded bull to run around where there are rescue workers, just way too dangerous.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/03/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wildbill59
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

Nowadays cops know they'll usually get a pass and some free time off with pay..

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pal
Sure seems like cops are killing a lot more people than say 10-20 years ago. What up with that?

You suffer from premature ejaculating too, don't you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I like these anti cop threads/remarks.
Mainly because i know the posters have never walked the walk.
And had to fill the shoes.
and edited to say they didn't have the nads to fill the shoes.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/03/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like when they post ignorant and stupid stuff like:

Originally Posted by pal

when someone else puts the stats a few posts before indicating that no such trend exists.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys have to lighten up. smile

You get to shoot us for any reason, including you showing up at the wrong f'g house, without concern for repercussions. The very least you can do is let us complain about it.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The US population in 1976 was about 218 million and with with the cops killing 415 people. That comes to about 1 killed for every 525,000 people.

In 2011 the population was about 312 million with the cops only killing 393 people. That comes to about 1 killed for every 793,000 people.

Looks like to me the cops have some serious catching up to do if they want to live up to all the media hype.

Harry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
It probably went like this: "What, you aren't shooting my prize bull". "Sir, your bull is attacking people and is dangerous, we are going to have to put him down". As he raises his rifle to the deputies, "Over my dead body" and they obliged him.
That's a lot of speculation. I've lived in cattle country almost all my life and have put animals down myself. I can't imagine very many ranchers thinking twice about putting a "prize bull" down that was hurting folks. He'd have to be quite the [bleep]. And to do a little speculating of my own, his wife probably wouldn't be surprised into a heart attack if the old clown showed up dead and he'd been that much of an [bleep]. She'd more than likely fall over and break a hip from dancing a jig that the [bleep] was dead.

At this point, there's just no telling what happened. Maybe it was all accidental. I can't imagine too many rural Idahoans getting crazy at the sight of a gun-LE included.

I'm amazed that all these folks who live in cattle country don't know that most ranchers are insured for loss of animals on open range to vehicle collision.

I've handled many such claims over the years, probably over a hundred, and in every instance the scrawny dead animal was the rancher's prize bull or best calf producing heifer. They get paid well for the animal loss in most instances.

Also, in many States livestock on open range have the right of way on roads and highways.

I'm wondering whether the rancher surprised the cops on scene by shooting the injured bull, and they instinctively responded to the shot??

As many have stated, it's a sad situation for all involved.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

You get to shoot us for any reason, including you showing up at the wrong f'g house, without concern for repercussions. The very least you can do is let us complain about it.

Surveyor's get to shoot you if we show up at the wrong house?

And all this time I've simply been looking for encroachments....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by pal

Surveyor's get to shoot you if we show up at the wrong house?

And all this time I've simply been looking for encroachments....

I've had more guns pulled on me while surveying than I did as a cop. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
It probably went like this: "What, you aren't shooting my prize bull". "Sir, your bull is attacking people and is dangerous, we are going to have to put him down". As he raises his rifle to the deputies, "Over my dead body" and they obliged him.
That's a lot of speculation. I've lived in cattle country almost all my life and have put animals down myself. I can't imagine very many ranchers thinking twice about putting a "prize bull" down that was hurting folks. He'd have to be quite the [bleep]. And to do a little speculating of my own, his wife probably wouldn't be surprised into a heart attack if the old clown showed up dead and he'd been that much of an [bleep]. She'd more than likely fall over and break a hip from dancing a jig that the [bleep] was dead.

At this point, there's just no telling what happened. Maybe it was all accidental. I can't imagine too many rural Idahoans getting crazy at the sight of a gun-LE included.

I'm amazed that all these folks who live in cattle country don't know that most ranchers are insured for loss of animals on open range to vehicle collision.

I've handled many such claims over the years, probably over a hundred, and in every instance the scrawny dead animal was the rancher's prize bull or best calf producing heifer. They get paid well for the animal loss in most instances.

Also, in many States livestock on open range have the right of way on roads and highways.

I'm wondering whether the rancher surprised the cops on scene by shooting the injured bull, and they instinctively responded to the shot??

Bruce- Does that mean the rancher is not responsible for the damage caused by his stock in a vehicle collision?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Bruce- Does that mean the rancher is not responsible for the damage caused by his stock in a vehicle collision?

From my understanding, in an open-range area, that is correct.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11/03/15.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
[

Some states are "open range" which means animals have the right of way, and if you don't want them on your property, it's up to you to keep them off.

Most states are the opposite, where the owner is responsible for keeping them contained

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not if it's open range, no. The person who hit the livestock is responsible for damages.

BUT...if the animal escaped private land from a private fence the livestock owner is responsible.

Now you know why rural NV is called the "cow-counties". grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's exactly what it means.
Matter of fact....in some area's the vehicle's owner is actually liable for damages.
When I worked on some company housing for the copper mine in BagDad AZ back in the 70's all the local's joked that the area "ranchers" made ten times the value of a scraggly old range cow when one got hit by a truck belonging to the contractor that hauled the concentrate than they ever could have at auction.
Seems every cow they owned was a prize breeder....including the steers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pile into a black cow, at night, and be stuck for damages! That'd suck.

I'd be keeping my mouth shut and splitting a side of beef with the tow truck driver.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 4 of 175 1 2 3 4 5 6 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1minute, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,924
Posts18,479,785
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.