Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 40O
Hatred for Obamacare, like global warming, is a religion not a science. Facts are for fools in such discussions.

[Linked Image]

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by goalie

The idea that what I pay for health insurance will be raised and raised and raised based not upon my health, or my risk to the system, but based upon the fact that I have assets and can "afford" to pay more.

Being penalized for being fiscally prudent sucks. Being penalized for staying healthy sucks.

Overall, it sucks.

This is a pretty concise summary that I can agree with.

We have yet to see the worst that Obamacare can do to folks. If Obama doesn't push the Employer Mandate back again, we're going to see a huge outcry in the New Year when the huge pool of workers who are under employer plans get hit with the same cost increases and coverage decreases the Individual Mandate imposed.

The "death panels", IRS seizures of assets for end-of-life medical expenses, etc, have not yet come to pass. But if this legislation isn't corrected in some meaningful way in 2017, they quite possibly will.

It's a Charlie Foxtrot in any case.

This will be a big issue in 2016...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
My premiums have gone up 40% in the last 3 years. I now am on a high deductible plan with an HSA. (health savings account). Funny how my premiums started to go up just as soon as o care started. I'm paying $5200.00 a year for a $2600 deductible. Plus I put $200 a month toward the HSA. There are 4 of us under the plan. I haven't hit the deductible in any year yet. Basically, I pay everything out of pocket (HSA contributions) and get nothing from the insurance. It is basically there for a catastrophic illness or injury. My max out of pocket is $5000. That's why I have the HSA. At least it rolls over every year. Basically, I'm spending over $7000 a year for insurance, and getting only 1 annual visit per person covered for free.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BLG
My premiums have gone up 40% in the last 3 years. I now am on a high deductible plan with an HSA. (health savings account). Funny how my premiums started to go up just as soon as o care started. I'm paying $5200.00 a year for a $2600 deductible. Plus I put $200 a month toward the HSA. There are 4 of us under the plan. I haven't hit the deductible in any year yet. Basically, I pay everything out of pocket (HSA contributions) and get nothing from the insurance. It is basically there for a catastrophic illness or injury. My max out of pocket is $5000. That's why I have the HSA. At least it rolls over every year. Basically, I'm spending over $7000 a year for insurance, and getting only 1 annual visit per person covered for free.

Clyde
Bullchit... You can keep your doctor and your premiums will fall by $2500...

(heavy sarcasm - in case anyone missed it..) laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

The idea that what I pay for health insurance will be raised and raised and raised based not upon my health, or my risk to the system, but based upon the fact that I have assets and can "afford" to pay more.

Being penalized for being fiscally prudent sucks. Being penalized for staying healthy sucks.

Overall, it sucks.

We have yet to see the worst that Obamacare can do to folks. If Obama doesn't push the Employer Mandate back again, we're going to see a huge outcry in the New Year when the huge pool of workers who are under employer plans get hit with the same cost increases and coverage decreases the Individual Mandate imposed.

The "death panels", IRS seizures of assets for end-of-life medical expenses, etc, have not yet come to pass. But if this legislation isn't corrected in some meaningful way in 2017, they quite possibly will.

That and the fact that everyone is mandated (under financial penalty) to purchase government specified insurance.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by logger

That and the fact that everyone is mandated (under financial penalty) to purchase government specified insurance.

Let's be clear. NOBODY has "insurance" anymore in the US when it comes to health care. It ceased to be insurance when they made it mandatory to cover pre-existing conditions.

Like I've said before: try calling State Farm the day AFTER your cabin burns down and buying fire insurance that completely covers your loss.

THAT is exactly what a pre-existing conditions is. Insurance, by definition, doesn't cover them.

We can call it insurance until the cows come home, but, if it was really insurance, someone like myself, who is 45, has a healthy BMI, exercises, and qualified for an awesome term life-insurance rate would pay a whole lot less than someone who is 45, obese, smokes, and has chronic illnesses that they are seen for quite often.

Insurance is about spreading risk with a pool of others that have a similar risk as you. No accidents? Car insurance is less. Live in a flood plain? Flood insurance is more, or unavailable.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's akin to your wife buying life insurance on you 3 days after you died.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
[quote=kwg020]The ACA was never designed to succeed. It always has been and always will be about power and control over a large and important percentage of the American economy.
AND to finally - once and for all - to have the gov't be the single-payer for all health care..

Only the foolish believe otherwise.

kwg
That.. [/quote/]

Obuttheadcare will not be a success until they get the single payer. It's the end game.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by EdM
Not a fan at all, but am I the only one in the US that has not been affected by Obamacare?
It'll trickle down. Like tsunami.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Overall, it sucks.

Imagine that, we have some posts of people in the field that just may know more than some that post, like Doc, or Goalie, so it is not a hatred of the man, but the truth of his bad policy.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I expect democrats will do nothing to prevent its demise because the aftermath is what they want - single payer government control. I also expect some R's agree with this eventuality as well.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Decent articles but I didn't see anything really new in there.

And I still don't see people talking about what a scam the whole thing is for insurance companies.

"The poor" are getting "free healthcare" paid for by the taxpayers and other users of the system. But here's the catch. The "free healthcare" isn't really free for the "poor" guy; he still has very high co-pays and deductibles. So the "poor" guy quickly finds he can't afford to use his "free" healthcare.

So now the HMO's have us paying for millions of people who can't afford to us it; that's called a government mandated windfall. It's a freaking scam.

Takeaways...

Single payer is coming; mark my words. And between the two parties and how they fight each other, they're making it to where a government administered single payer will be the only option.

Invest in healthcare for the foreseeable future; those are stocks that are out-performing most every other business sectors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by poboy
obama's saving Ed for last. eek

More than doubtful though I will be fine, one way or another.

Yes Ed.

When they came for the uninsured, you didn't care because you were insured.

When they came for the underinsured, you didn't care because your insurance was adequate.

When they came for the insured, you didn't care, because you still had your *better* insurance.

But they'll come for you eventually, or if not, for your children, and you don't care, cause *you're* OK.

The gov't has shifted the collection for medical care from a civil debt to an *IRS*-type one.

In other words, if your terminal care costs more than you have, which it will under O'Buckwheat care, the IRS can take your house, savings, retirement, and every other F'ing asset you could possibly pass down to your progeny, to pay for losers that won't work.

But hey, you're good, no problem.
ED....was just taken to the woodshed....!lol. This fellow spanked u ed .....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Decent articles but I didn't see anything really new in there.

And I still don't see people talking about what a scam the whole thing is for insurance companies.

"The poor" are getting "free healthcare" paid for by the taxpayers and other users of the system. But here's the catch. The "free healthcare" isn't really free for the "poor" guy; he still has very high co-pays and deductibles. So the "poor" guy quickly finds he can't afford to use his "free" healthcare.

So now the HMO's have us paying for millions of people who can't afford to us it; that's called a government mandated windfall. It's a freaking scam.

Takeaways...

Single payer is coming; mark my words. And between the two parties and how they fight each other, they're making it to where a government administered single payer will be the only option.

Invest in healthcare for the foreseeable future; those are stocks that are out-performing most every other business sectors.

"Health Care Law Recasts Insurers as Obama Allies"

“Insurers and the government have developed a symbiotic relationship, nurtured by tens of billions of dollars that flow from the federal Treasury to insurers each year,” said Michael F. Cannon, director of health policy studies at the libertarian Cato Institute.

So much so, in fact, that insurers may soon be on a collision course with the Republican majority in the new Congress. Insurers, often aligned with Republicans in the past, have built their business plans around the law and will strenuously resist Republican efforts to dismantle it. Since Mr. Obama signed the law, share prices for four of the major insurance companies — Aetna, Cigna, Humana and UnitedHealth — have more than doubled, while the Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index has increased about 70 percent.

“These companies all look at government programs as growth markets,” said Michael J. Tuffin, a former executive vice president of America’s Health Insurance Plans, the main lobby for the industry. “There will be nearly $2 trillion of subsidized coverage through insurance exchanges and Medicaid over the next 10 years. These are pragmatic companies. They will follow the customer.”

The relationship is expected only to deepen as the two sides grow more intertwined.

Consumers are already hearing the same messages from insurance companies and the government urging them to sign up for health plans during the three-month enrollment period. Federal law requires most Americans to have coverage, insurers provide it, and the government subsidizes it.

“We are in this together,” Kevin J. Counihan, the chief executive of the federal insurance marketplace, told insurers at a recent conference in Washington. “You have been our partners,” and for that, he said, “we are very grateful.”

Full article here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/u...obama-and-insurers-into-allies.html?_r=1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by EdM
Not a fan at all, but am I the only one in the US that has not been affected by Obamacare?

It is nowhere near fully implemented. The taxation that is meant to pay for the majority of it has not been implemented and will not come into effect until after Obama is out of office.

kciH:

Would you please stop spouting falsehoods. Every O-care tax increase is now in effect except one---a 2.5% tax increase on high income earners due to take effect in 2016. As of 2015 every single provision of O-care is now fully implemented (even though half or more are failing). In short, the law is fully implemented.

Get your facts straight, please.

Jordan

The 40% excise tax on high value health plans doesn't go into effect until 2018.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EdM

It is nowhere near fully implemented. The taxation that is meant to pay for the majority of it has not been implemented and will not come into effect until after Obama is out of office.

kciH:

Would you please stop spouting falsehoods. Every O-care tax increase is now in effect except one---a 2.5% tax increase on high income earners due to take effect in 2016. As of 2015 every single provision of O-care is now fully implemented (even though half or more are failing). In short, the law is fully implemented.

Get your facts straight, please.

Jordan

The 40% excise tax on high value health plans doesn't go into effect until 2018.

You are correct on that one. My error. Sorry. blush However, my understanding is that the 40% tax only affects a small number of Cadillac plans (mostly Union). So, that and the 2.5% surtax on wealthy folks are the only to taxes or provisions not yet fully implemented. O-care is failing badly regardless.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
The ACA was never designed to succeed. It always has been and always will be about power and control over a large and important percentage of the American economy. Only the foolish believe otherwise.

kwg

With all due respect, you're spouting nonsense. Effectively you are arguing that Obama and the Dems instituted O-Care so their legacy would be one of failure, not success. That is insane. It is perfectly accurate to say the program's detractors are being proven right. It is also accurate to say the program gave the masses a much greater degree of control over individuals than existed previously. It is complete nonsense however to say it was always and only about control and power for the sake of achieving those ends only and that Obama and his dupes deliberately and intentionally instituted a program they knew would fail so they could enjoy a legacy of failure.

No offense, but to make that assertion is just plain stupid beyond words. Perhaps, however, it affords one the luxury of not having to actually analyze the program's failures. crazy No?

Jordan

Believe what you want. It is a power grab plain and simple. The democrats who voted for it were played by nancy, harry and Obama's power brokers like a cheap guitar. It will come back to haunt them and many democrats in the future. And, rightfully so for being so willfully taken in by the "leadership".

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The ACA was never designed to succeed. It always has been and always will be about power and control over a large and important percentage of the American economy. Only the foolish believe otherwise.

kwg

With all due respect, you're spouting nonsense. Effectively you are arguing that Obama and the Dems instituted O-Care so their legacy would be one of failure, not success. That is insane. It is perfectly accurate to say the program's detractors are being proven right. It is also accurate to say the program gave the masses a much greater degree of control over individuals than existed previously. It is complete nonsense however to say it was always and only about control and power for the sake of achieving those ends only and that Obama and his dupes deliberately and intentionally instituted a program they knew would fail so they could enjoy a legacy of failure.

No offense, but to make that assertion is just plain stupid beyond words. Perhaps, however, it affords one the luxury of not having to actually analyze the program's failures. crazy No?

Jordan

Believe what you want. It is a power grab plain and simple. The democrats who voted for it were played by nancy, harry and Obama's power brokers like a cheap guitar. It will come back to haunt them and many democrats in the future. And, rightfully so for being so willfully taken in by the "leadership".

kwg

I agree with every word you said just now. My only issue was with the assertion that "[t]he ACA was never designed to succeed." The logical implication of that statement is that not only did the Dems intend for O-Care to be a policy disaster from day one, they intended for O-Care to create electoral disasters for their party as a consequence (that is what policy disasters do, by definition---create electoral disasters). That assertion is utterly stupid, plain and simple.

There is no doubt O-care will be a disaster and we should be very happy it is imploding so soon. There is also no doubt that there was very good reason from the beginning to believe the premises on which the program was initiated were also highly unsound, if not false. But saying the Dems intended it to fail (and that by necessary implication they intended to create an electoral disaster for themselves as a consequence, which necessarily follows from your statement) is utterly silly.

That was my point.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was intended to need "tweaks."

Those tweaks turn it into single-payer. The election fallout is almost non-existent, as now they create even more "takers" to vote for them, leaving those of us who are actually productive members of society screwed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Obamacare is so bad it is taking any socialistic hope of any single payer healthcare plan down the tubes with it.
After the last election, there were not enough single-payer supporters left on the Hill to save it in the coming election. Sticker price shock will keep this issue front and center.

Conservatives need a positive game plan as to what to replace Obamacare with and not go back to all the problems with what we had before.
The candidates have several proposed plans out there, so hash it out in the primaries and debates.
The voters are more than ready.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,476
Posts18,529,590
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.