Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I think JB and others have made note of the industry trend towards "budget" rifles like the Ruger American, and higher end rifles. But less interest in the mid-range.

Every time I'm in a local shop it seems like a RAR is being sold.

Its just like any other industry, you either need to be the lowest cost solution or offer the premium product. Overtime the companies in the middle are squeezed from both sides and lose out. I'm betting this Tikka will be cheap.

HR IC

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I wish it were true and they start selling the Super Lites at clearance prices so I can buy another stainless rifle that will weigh less than 7 pounds scoped ,shoot into less than an inch with factory loads,have a crisp less than 2.5 pound pull trigger straight from the factory(and easily modified to 1.5 pound with less than 30 minutes work and no cost)) and cost less than $700.00
Yes I am all in favor for discount prices on Tikka T3 rifles to make room for the new ones !

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Maybe "new and improved" will mean no more one size fits all action length......My biggest gripe with the current rifle, also the abundance of plasteek is a turnoff.............I am looking forward to getting a look at this new model.................Hb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SAS told you what the new rifle will feature. Y'all are just too stupid to listen.

You think a guy who works in the industry doesn't know what's coming out next year?

Keep stroking your own wieners though. Don't let me interrupt...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Funny stuff. I'm betting that a few of the most bitched about items on a Tikka T3 will be a thing of the past....

Yep.

They got "T3" removed, now they just need to do away with "Tikka" and they'll have a winner.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Homesteader
Aleks9210 - yes,IF the T3 is discontinued IT will return in the time honored tradition as a "new & improved" T4. It'll make coffee, brush your teeth AND fetch a brew - in your dreams!
Homesteader

You didn't quite understand what I meant. There is a new rifle rumoured to be unveiled at SHOT 2016. Nobody said it has anything in common with a T3 at all, or that it is making any attempt to be a new/improved T3, or a T3 replacement. Think outside the box. I can't say anymore. Sorry. Hint.

You only live once.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
4th_point - " local shop it seems like a RAR is being sold."

Not knocking SAKO/Tikka or the Finnish people BUT RAR's are American made and supporting American jobs. Just so happens Ruger products can compete in this rifle class on cost/quality.
Homesteader

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Aleks9210 - I understood your original post...just being a bit snarky. I have no idea re: T3 discontinuance or possible replacement. Homesteader

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way Ruger could compete was to copy the T3 and try to make it cheaper. You'd never pay $600 for a RAR and couldn't buy T3's at $300 fast enough.

But this has been beat to death and now we can look forward to another year of election and Tikka threads....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
4th_point - " local shop it seems like a RAR is being sold."

Not knocking SAKO/Tikka or the Finnish people BUT RAR's are American made and supporting American jobs. Just so happens Ruger products can compete in this rifle class on cost/quality.
Homesteader

I've messed with 7 of the Tikkas and 3 of the RAR... those being a combination of my rifles and buds'. In terms of accuracy, I'd say it's a wash. Trigger and stock go to the Tikkler but you pay more upfront for it.

Both decent rifles... one for low cost, the other for a bit more. Keeping jobs here is a bonus.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Local gun shop guy told me that there will be no Tikka's on the Sako Select program for 2016. Supposedly Tikka is 'maxxed' out on production.

(Sako Select is an offering to certain Sako/Tikka dealers, and allows them to place a once a year order for certain Sako's and Tikka's. These select guns, are generally not standard offerings in the US, either in configuration or caliber selection, nor are they cataloged by Beretta USA - the importer.)

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I see the point is a new model, but I don't see where this would fit. Sako/Tikka has the M85 for the high end, the A7 for the mid-range buyer, and the Tikka T3 for a budget rifle. I could see a update to the T3 for marginal manufacturing cost to make the T3 an even better value. A real recoil lug and two action sizes would go a long way. Options like a steel magazine could be a factory accessory at a premium price.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different recoil lug, action lengths, and metal mags wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.

Blind mag, faster twist and a carbon fiber stock would be a game changer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
16Bore - couldn't agree more. Homesteader

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... Just so happens Ruger products can compete in this rifle class on cost/quality.
Homesteader

Quality is a relative word ... they may be accurate, that I cannot dispute, but from the handful I've fondled at the gun shoppe ... there is not much quality & I like most things Ruger.

I understand most folks feel quality and accuracy are synonymous, I'm just not one of those folks. The rifles have not been on the market long enough for durability and ruggedness to tossed about.

Just my $0.02 and it's worth what you paid wink

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by avagadro

The rifles have not been on the market long enough for durability and ruggedness to tossed about.

I don't know exactly when the T 3s first were available. I learned about them in 2003. I ordered 1 in Lite S S in 2003, so that's at least 12 yrs.

I have no reservations about getting another.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good choice by Tikka if true. Almost $800 here and that's a rip-off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got to have a barrel nut to compete...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have no special knowledge, but would bet that it's time to re-invent the Tikka. The T3 has been around for over 10 years. Time for a refresh.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I'm not going to speculate until after my visit with Sako and Tikka in Finland next week.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 204guy, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,304
Posts18,487,128
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.