Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Can somebody tell me who makes some aftermarket steel wheels for these fugking things?

I just want to run stock size tires.

I haven't looked at the aftermarket, market for a long time.

Thanks,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just google up Steel Wheels Toyota Tundra and you'll find what you need.

I found:

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...ase&gclid=CMOnk7vK_sgCFZJbfgodCyoHUA

Alternatively, I think the cheaper end wheels for the factory tundra's are pressed steel, not alloy. Craigslist is bound to have them for you.

Hunt Africa while you can
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I did that and found jack schit. Thus the question.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
Travis, I am not much of a vehicle man.. What is the purpose of "stock" tires vs. the ones that come on the Tundra??? Not being jerk.. Vehicles are not my thing.. We have a 2012, and tires are darned expensive, I suppose this is one of the reasons for the change..

I am looking to get a new Tundra sometime this winter.. It will be my travel truck.. Maybe the last new one I get.. I am looking at the TRD and SR5 packages.. The SR5 has a 38 gallon tank.. I think that would be great, except at fill up time.. This stock tire deal maybe the way to go with it and my old one.. Which eventually will be my hunting truck.
Thanks..

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I too have a Tundra CrewMax. 2012 edition.

The main reason for steel rims is that they bend instead of breaking the way alloy rims do. This makes them better for punishment and rocky off-roading where airing down is common.

Steel comes with the cost of weight though and hey can weigh twice as much as comparable aluminum wheels.

Hunt Africa while you can
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Travis, I am not much of a vehicle man.. What is the purpose of "stock" tires vs. the ones that come on the Tundra??? Not being jerk.. Vehicles are not my thing.. We have a 2012, and tires are darned expensive, I suppose this is one of the reasons for the change..

I am looking to get a new Tundra sometime this winter.. It will be my travel truck.. Maybe the last new one I get.. I am looking at the TRD and SR5 packages.. The SR5 has a 38 gallon tank.. I think that would be great, except at fill up time.. This stock tire deal maybe the way to go with it and my old one.. Which eventually will be my hunting truck.
Thanks..

I just mean that I have no desire to run oversize tires and just want OEM, but in a steel version regarding wheels.

A 38 gallon tank would be a God send on a Tundra. 20 gallons don't cut it around here...

Travis

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lots of people buy base trucks with steel wheels, upgrade to aftermarket wheels and sell the factory wheels dirt cheap on craigslist etc.

Look around, I wouldn't be surprised if someone gives you a set just to get rid of them

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

try these guys........great to deal with...call 'em

& ask for Tundra steel wheels........or you local tire shops

may have take offs......you're a steel wheel guy...?

who'd thunk..........

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheelSpecials.do

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rnovi
Craigslist is bound to have them for you.

dave- I know that's not what you usually look for on Craigslist, but if you do and find any in the Billings area, I'd be happy to be the pivot man. Er, I mean middle man. Well, just let me know if you need them picked up.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EZEARL

Those steel ones listed on that page would be perfect if I can get them in black.

What I really want to find is just some old style "wagon wheels" in gloss black that fit this year Tundra.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

I should have been more specific.

I do not want Toyota take-offs. I want aftermarket steel wheels but I want to run factory tire sizes. Nothing bigger.

Fickle, I know.

Travis

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Have you tried asking at any of the Tundra specific forums. I belong to Cherokee and Blazer forums and can tell you these forums can be a big help.

https://www.tundras.com/

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't they have any Les Schwabs that far east in Montana?

they carry all that kind of stuff...

plus plenty of on line stores, carry the same stuff...

Direct Tire is a source that I have used... calling their 800 number and asking for their commercial division...

they have shipped me stuff that I got from them like 40% cheaper than I could purchase at their stores...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I can find used that are even warrantied but not in black. Could have them painted I reckon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Advertise a WTB in the Free Classifieds here. I picked up a set of four factory wheels and OEM tires for my 2012 Tundra (with less than 10K miles on them) for $100 total in the free classifieds on another hunting/outdoor site.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter

Thanks..

I just mean that I have no desire to run oversize tires and just want OEM, but in a steel version regarding wheels.

A 38 gallon tank would be a God send on a Tundra. 20 gallons don't cut it around here...

Travis

I am a recent buyer of a 2014 and am seriously considering a gas tank swap given that I am now a lazyazz retiree wanting to run my little Lance trailer and wife... My truck came with 34" diameter tires that I sooner than chitt swapped out to the OEM 275/55-20's. Anyone need a deal on the former?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EZEARL
Have you tried asking at any of the Tundra specific forums. I belong to Cherokee and Blazer forums and can tell you these forums can be a big help.

https://www.tundras.com/

I try to confine myself to this forum.

I'm going to run down to the tire shop and see what they can dig up.

Thanks for your help.

Travis

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
GOOD LUCK to ya.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 71 invisible), 3,305 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,483
Posts18,471,815
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.