Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Greyghost, All kinds of people. Same kind as own all other kinds of dogs. Just stating what I've seen come into Court.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you talk to a person that thinks certain breeds of dogs are not inherently more dangerous to have as pets, that person simply doesn't know anything about dogs.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Interesting statistics. Between 2005 and 2014 there were 326 fatalities from dog attacks in the US. According to this report 62.3% of dog attack fatalities were by caused by pit bulls. I read somewhere, though I couldn't find it right away, that pit bulls account for only 5% of the dogs owned in the US.

dog fatalities

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Gansettx
My neighbors blue healers will bite you. They are animals, ignore the instinct and look in the mirror. smile

A "dog bite" and what pitbull jaws do are two entirely different things. Don't kid yourself.

------------------------------

The APE

"But resist we much...we must...and we will much...about...that...be committed." - the "Reverend" Al Sharpton
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you walk down the street with a pitbull on leash, or keep one in your yard, or haul one around in the back of your pickup........ YOU are going to attract attention.

I can't help but believe that THAT is a big part of what drives ownership of them.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Pit bull owner [male] gets 15 years:
http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-dog-mauling-sentence-20141004-story.html

Pit bull owner [female] gets 4 years:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Pit-Bull-Owners-Sentenced-in-Fatal-Attack-197056591.html

I think female pit bull owners should do equal time.

"The jurors were informed through testimony and photographs that Pamela Devitt suffered up to 200 puncture wounds. Patches of her skin were missing and the gashes in her flesh were so deep they exposed bone. Nearly all of her hair was gone and her skull was exposed."

BTW the guy got 15 to life, not just 15.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
From the "4-year" case:

She was completely tore up,” he said. “All of her limbs were completely dangling, hanging.”

Judge Richard Whitney said it was clear to him that one of the dogs was trying to feed herself and was probably in desperation of hunger when she saw Emako Mendoza as a potential food source.

In his sentencing, the judge described the violent attack in which the dogs chewed through the victim’s skin, fat, tissue, ligaments, muscle and bones.
“All along, Ms. Mendoza was alive, screaming for her life,” he said.

“The amount of suffering that woman went through is beyond human comprehension.”

Emako Mendoza suffered a heart attack and her left arm and leg had to be amputated. While still hospitalized six months later, she died on Christmas Eve.

"She suffered so much, she just finally gave up," James Mendoza said.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Simple answer.... Cant trust'em.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by slg888

Said this before on pit bull threads, but here goes again...

Ive never worked with or been around a pit bull that wasn't just a nice sweet dog. That said, Ive never entered into any area with one in it where I was not prepared to kill him.

Dont trust them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They should all be ballistic experiments

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by slg888

Said this before on pit bull threads, but here goes again...

Ive never worked with or been around a pit bull that wasn't just a nice sweet dog. That said, Ive never entered into any area with one in it where I was not prepared to kill him.

Dont trust them.

As far as I'm concerned, your opinion is as definitive as it gets on the matter.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
Interesting statistics. Between 2005 and 2014 there were 326 fatalities from dog attacks in the US. According to this report 62.3% of dog attack fatalities were by caused by pit bulls. I read somewhere, though I couldn't find it right away, that pit bulls account for only 5% of the dogs owned in the US.

dog fatalities

kinda like African Americans and crime

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by mart

dog fatalities

kinda like African Americans and crime
Are you saying pit bulls lives matter?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
black labs matter

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
black labs matter
grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Last place I lived at, the people down the street had a pit bull loose in the yard with an invisible dog fence collar on him.

[bleep] would come running up from the side yard and bounce to a halt just shy of you if you walked by on the sidewalk.

First time that happened, I decided he wasn't giving me enough time to draw, so from then on, I walked on the opposite side of the street.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a general question...are most of the "bad" pits un-neutered males? Or can the females show sudden aggression, too?

I've known a few of them and they were fine. But I'm unlikely to adopt one anytime soon. smile

At the last Campfire Hog Hunt in TN we had one member (roof, I think?) get nipped by a pit as he walked back to the lodge. The next day he started coming for me as I walked past the same place. I yelled at him and he stopped. A moment later his owner came out & tied him up.

Pits are easily obtained, unfortunately, so folks grab them up when they want a cheap mean dog.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 11/09/15. Reason: grahmmer

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I've seen quite a few that appeared to be very well behaved and good dogs. However, I have only been charged by dogs two times in my life, and both were pits. The first time I was jogging near my house and a neighbours pit came charging out of their yard and into the street. Knowing that there were dogs in the neighborhood, I had sort of sap that I'd made. Basically an foot and a half of garden hose filled with lead shot and wrapped in hockey tape. I went right for him and yelled at him, no sure what but something to the affect of come and get it. He stopped short and retreated back to his yard. Can't say for sure he would have attacked me but it certainly looked that way.
Second time one came barreling out of a house after I knocked on the door to pick up a customer. Owner managed to just get a hand on the collar before he made it outside and it dragged him out into the snow on his back. I just walked away that time,happy to not have to fight him with only the knife in my pocket. I have very little use for them as a whole.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,198
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.