Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I persist in seeing little shots taken at Ken Howell, mainly from the normal suspects.
He no longer posts on the campfire, but has email available.
Anyone wanting to ask him stuff personally, all you have to do is forward a request to me with your email address, and i will get it to him.
He doesn't hear well, so phone conversation is out.
He even extended that invitation to his house, which I am going to decline passing along. He can give that invitation himself after email contact.
This is for those that want to know who and what kind of man he is. Not to continue the jabbing.
From the usual suspects.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Ken and miss his posts.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hatari

Me too.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear that he is doing ok and just decided to no longer post on the fire. I always enjoyed his post and wish him well.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

this I have been wondering where he is [was] thanks for an update.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I should add as i am already getting emails. If you want to contact him, give me your email, and i will forward then it's up to him.
Rather than me just giving out his email address.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never met him. I know folks that have. Never heard so much as a hint of anything bad about the man. The internet can be either a wonderful place or a place of concern. The choice is yours. As more and more people lock on to a site where people "seem" to be enjoying themselves there are those that wish to hide behind a keyboard and attempt to destroy the comradary. Maybe it's just me entering old age, but I find myself being much less tolerant. Some should get off the pity train and get on with life.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I enjoyed Ken's postings. I do miss them.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RS308MX

Me too.

Me three. One of my sons and I spent a day with Ken a few years ago. He is a very kind and generous man. He gave my son a whole pile of books on a subject that interests him. I'm deeply saddened that he was hounded off this board. I can't say that I blame him, though.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Glad to hear that he is doing ok and just decided to no longer post on the fire. I always enjoyed his post and wish him well.

AMEN, he was a true gift to the 'fire while he posted here and a great guy. Pity some thought differently I personally really like the man.

For folks a reminder:

[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ken was one of the guys that I always looked forward to reading his posts. Definitely miss him, not enough gentlemen left.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Mathsr
Ditto..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by achadwick

Me too.

Me three. One of my sons and I spent a day with Ken a few years ago. He is a very kind and generous man. He gave my son a whole pile of books on a subject that interests him. I'm deeply saddened that he was hounded off this board. I can't say that I blame him, though.

I doubt that the Doctor was hounded off this board.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Yep, me too.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ken and I had our differences of opinion on things through the years, but I always respected him for being a great fellow, and a very knowledgeable man. I have always wished him well.

Sam......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by achadwick

Me too.

I doubt that the Doctor was hounded off this board.

That is not what he told me. He got sick and tired of all personal attacks and the attacks on him. I have followed Ken and his writings since long before there was a 24 Hour Campfire. I have been in his home and I have sat with him around real camp fires. A finer man would be hard to find. In his e-mail this morning he offered any who were in doubt of him a room with a bed and private bathroom so they could talk face to face.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Me too.
I do, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Crazy crazy

I have enjoyed reading the few posts I have seen.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's a human being with a brilliant mind but like everybody else, subject to all of the fine points and foibles, graciousness and pettiness, vanity and dignity, strengths and weaknesses of all of us.

He has accomplished a lot in life and probably has forgotten more about hand loading and ballistics than many of us will ever know, but he also takes great pride in pointing out to the rest of us (always obliquely, never directly) how brightly his halo is polished and how it glows at maximum wattage, even as he behaves like any other human being. I think that is what attracts a lot of his detractors, using and even subtly encouraging others to curse his enemies in his name while he stands by innocent of all wrong doing. He is also the best judo arguer I've ever seen - you push, he pulls, you pull, he pushes. If he is attacked he becomes overly gracious and offers overtures of peace to make his attacker look like the evil party. If you're gracious, he subtly attacks you.

As a truly world class wordsmith he can cuss out and berate someone as viciously as any troll, but his actual words allow him to maintain a plausible deniability. His anger and denigration shine though exactly as he meant them to but he can point at the exact words he used and with hands folded innocently and eyes cast heavenward deny that was his intent. He plays to his own self image of being a saint as well as anyone ever has. I really wish I could write as skillfully as he can. He has a great vocabulary, that's for sure, I learned some good new words from reading his posts.

He has a huge ego but will deny it and takes great umbrage if accused of it, but without that ego he probably would not have achieved his advanced degrees or lassoed grizzly bears or done any of a hundred things that most of us never will.

It doesn't help to romanticize anyone nor unduly attack them while ignoring their good points. I hope I am not guilty of the latter here. Like most, I hope he is doing well.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm glad he's doing well. I miss him here. Always enjoyed his magazine articles. He has a lot to offer for those who are humble enough to listen. Too many people on here, don't know what they don't know.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.