M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks fellas

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
GB1

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Update

I put four envelopes in the mail at the exact same time to buy items off of campfire members. Three of them have been cashed and the one that hasn't been is 260Remguy. If anybody has his contact info that would be great. I think his pm's must be full because he isn't answering. Plus, I think he acidentally hit remove myself from our messages last week. Now I don't have his name or address. The last time I heard from him was two days ago.

I hope he didn't change his mind on selling the coat. If you read this 260 clean your mailbox here please.

I need to message you a Pennsylvania address because we're moving from North Dakota back home to Pennsylvania.

Thanks buddy

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
TO stay on topic,

At this point in time... Filson. Seems higher quality to me than the imported Woolrich stuff. I had a Woolrich shirt a few years back, an overseas model, and while serviceable, not quite what I expected.

I just picked up a nice Filson vest and pants from the classifieds here. Suggestion, keep your eye open there.

Now, a bit off topic, but just an option, and USA made by regular folks:

http://www.gfredasbell.com/gfa_wool_clothing.php

I have a zip jacket, evening stand extra heavy weight, from them and Teresa was nice enough to make me one without a hood as I'm a hat guy and don't like hoods unless really necessary.

I also have the zipper vest in blanket weight.

Both are nice enough for around town wear. Teresa suggests hand washing, not dry cleaning.

Last year's deer hunt with mornings down to +8 and snow I had "therma-wool" long johns, a long sleeve t shirt, the vest and the jacket and was warm enough, even while standing for a while.

Asbell's wool bandanas and scarf are nice also. I'll probably get a mackinaw hood set up to go over my jacket this year.

Spray them down with "camp dry" or some such and odds are, except for extreme downpours, one will stay dry.

Good luck with your search, and as others have noted, good used classified, ebay, amazon Filson is your friend.

Geno

PS, surplus wool "commando" sweaters are good for layering too.

Geno,

Thanks for this lead, she told me she had what I wanted(blanket weight zipper jacket with hood)in stock in olive drab. I sent her payment already and I'm waiting

Tight chains.

A=A

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Thanks everybody 260Remguy got ahold of me already

Tight chains.

A=A

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Might as well have the best

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At long last, after a misstep (my fault), today I received my Bemidji Voyageur Jac Coat. It's 29oz 100% virgin wool in blaze orange, made in the USA. The quality is first rate, equal to my Filson caped mac. The fabric is 20% heavier than the Filson, but without the lower patch pockets, caped yoke and sleeves, and game pocket, the total weight is considerably less. The pockets are limited to two buttoned chest pockets and two handwarmer pockets. There's a generous collar big enough to fold up to protect my neck and plenty of room in the sleeves to permit layering without limiting movement.

I originally ordered my regular size, but it just fit and wouldn't allow me to put anything substantial underneath. In addition, the red and black plaid fabric was only 24oz 85/15 wool/nylon and the weave seemed somewhat looser than Filson's. Due to the seasonal demand, color selection was limited, so I bit the bullet and went for a dedicated hunting coat in blaze. The color is deep blaze orange, but not as bright as most hunting vests.

This is going to be perfect for the weather we typically have during the deer season and a much more practical weight for still-hunting than the heavy Filson, which is now my designated Winter coat.

If you're in the market for US made wool coats, pants, etc. give Bemidji a look. If you see something you like, I suggest you call and verify availability before ordering.
http://www.bemidjiwoolenmills.com/d..._jac_coat&c=Bemidji%20Woolen%20Mills

Last edited by Pappy348; 11/18/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Filson. Not even a contest IMHO. Worth the extra bones.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
Update

I put four envelopes in the mail at the exact same time to buy items off of campfire members. Three of them have been cashed and the one that hasn't been is 260Remguy. If anybody has his contact info that would be great. I think his pm's must be full because he isn't answering. Plus, I think he acidentally hit remove myself from our messages last week. Now I don't have his name or address. The last time I heard from him was two days ago.

I hope he didn't change his mind on selling the coat. If you read this 260 clean your mailbox here please.

I need to message you a Pennsylvania address because we're moving from North Dakota back home to Pennsylvania.

Thanks buddy

Jason,

If you're out there, I wanted to let you know that I haven't received your cheque for the Woolrich jacket, so I'm going to unpack it and put it back in the closet. If you decide that you still want it after you get settled in PA, it will probably still be here, just let me know.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.