Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 73 of 175 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 174 175
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pete E,
Conversely, I very much doubt the Deputies went out with intention of killing a rancher either..

Never the less the rancher is DEAD! They wanted to be in control more than they wanted to solve a problem.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"What happened next is still under investigation, but Zollman said there was an altercation and Yantis and both deputies all fired their weapons.

Yantis was fatally wounded and died at the scene. One of the deputies suffered a minor injury."

Appears that he fired his rifle and both deputies fired their weapons. One of the interviews with family says they think the rifle fired when the police were turning him around. Playing the guessing game...maybe it's an AD(?)...but if an officer is wound up tight as a drum already...and they've already had an altercation, an unintentional AD may not seem unintentional.

Ugly situation that has no option for a happy ending....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
[quote=Bluedreaux]

Actually, probably not too far fetched, but I'll bet booze is involved.

I'd not be surprised either. We'll hopefully know more about the BAC and UA of the deputies once the investigation is complete.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, because the deputies have OWI/DUI/DUII (whatever you want to call it) conviction(s).

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
"What happened next is still under investigation, but Zollman said there was an altercation and Yantis and both deputies all fired their weapons.

Yantis was fatally wounded and died at the scene. One of the deputies suffered a minor injury."

Does anyone know the how/when/why/extent of the deputy's minor injury? If we're throwing out guesses it could be a big part of the guessing game....

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
He got his ego hurt!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Could be...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ranchers tend to have big egos.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As they should!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since we have two cop members [at least] offering to bet that Mr Yantis was drunk or drinking, and that was his contribution to his killing, I'll suggest that it was a Deputy's ego, not fear for his life, that was his contribution.

Mrs.Yantis will get a sizable settlement from the County just for her injuries.

If the Family's account of Mr Yantis never pointing his rifle at the Deputies would not stand up to scrutiny, their Lawyer would not have let them include it in their statement, which could affect settlement negotiations.

If you can't put your trust in a Lawyer's greed, where can you put it?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Ranchers tend to have big egos.

I know a few dozen and only 1 or 2 qualify as having big egos. At least from my point of view.

Of course Montanans on average are pretty laid back regardless. Imagine Idaho would be similar.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
You, RWE and Stuart can continue making this thread about yourselves and your own drama if you want to, but it's not about your idea of manners or Stuart trying to pick fights, which is his normal mode. It's about a guy being shot to death for apparently no good reason and the decline of a lot of our institutions here in the USA.

Actually fellow, the whole thing is about halfwits jumping to conclusions with not a single solitary piece of evidence other than hearsay.

But you go right ahead and spruik to all and sundry.

added; And that goes for those on both sides of the argument.
There's no hearsay. Hearsay only has meaning in a courtroom, and refers to statements testified to that were made by people who are not on the witness stand, offered for their truth value.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
A busted up bull ain't worth saving.

I don't care how much he was worth, the rancher was more worried about putting him out of his misery than any fuuckin' lost burger.

You don't walk up to a deal like that and see a destroyed car and people hurt and start worrying about the monetary value of a bull.

Spot on...the rancher didn't get the love and respect the community has for him by being an inhumane, heartless, money grubbing prick.....Period

ETA....it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was pissed after seeing the "heartless, inhumane" way the boys in blue filled the poor creature with lead....realized they weren't up for the task....and walked off leaving it to suffer though......

Last edited by FieldGrade; 11/12/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Charlie, just a sad deal all the way around.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Yeah, because the deputies have OWI/DUI/DUII (whatever you want to call it) conviction(s).

This wasn't a dui stop. This was a murder. Try and stay on task. Are you suggesting that Jack was drunk?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Charlie, just a sad deal all the way around.

Yea buddy.....didn't have to happen.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Harsh lesson and reminder to be careful. Never expect common sense from someone you don't know.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The miss trust and hatred that this shooting will cause is going to last generations, no matter the findings the deputies families will have to move, and the sheriffs office will be the target of ridicule and scorn. And worst of all is a family has lost a husband, father and a grandfather at a very young age.

These are things money can not fix.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
A busted up bull ain't worth saving.

I don't care how much he was worth, the rancher was more worried about putting him out of his misery than any fuuckin' lost burger.

You don't walk up to a deal like that and see a destroyed car and people hurt and start worrying about the monetary value of a bull.

Spot on...the rancher didn't get the love and respect the community has for him by being an inhumane, heartless, money grubbing prick.....Period

ETA....it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was pissed after seeing the "heartless, inhumane" way the boys in blue filled the poor creature with lead....realized they weren't up for the task....and walked off leaving it to suffer though......

Amen!

How the [bleep] they could be so heartless and inhumane to a cow whilst people are fighting for their life, trapped in a car is beyond me.

Last edited by Steelhead; 11/12/15.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It certainly makes one wonder how safe you are, when in the company of law enforcement.

Page 73 of 175 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (308xray, 16penny, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 32 invisible), 1,962 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.