Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have been keeping close tabs on him. I was just there yesterday in his gun room placing blue sticky notes on all his guns that I am interested in should things go wrong.

He is doing well, I have offered my services to help reload, shoot and anything else I can do while he is recovering. He can't drive for a month or shoot a rifle for 2 months.

If you notice any changes in his writing during this time, you can blame me for that too, although I don't think he will relinquish that right to the likes of me...

You're a good man, Shrapnel. whistle Please give Mike best wishes from Pennsylvania. Love his writing, as he makes subjects I never had an interest in interesting.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I had open heart surgery in 2007. Mikes biggest enemy is probably his weight. I droped from 247 to 215 without trying after the surgery. With the modern surgical methods he should be feeling great in about 3 weeks....if he follows the Docs orders and no complications. Biggest problem I face is Diabetes..found during the open heart bit. Prayers for him and family. I knew you were close friends Shrapnel, even a mask can't hide that. How many of his guns you blow up?
Glenn aka Highrock

Member National Rifle Association, Life since 1961
Amateur Radio Op. Callsign KC3EK; KC3EK/BV & KC3EK/9M
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had the procedure over 15 years ago and it hasn't slowed me down a bit. Good wishes to Mike and his fine friend Schrapnel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers and best wishes for a full and quick recovery. Hey, Shrap; tell that boy to follow the doctor's instructions, suggestions, etc. and make sure he does so. Bless you for helping him out like this and maybe you'll get upgraded to something more than an Arisaka.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for an easy and full recovery. I like to think of Mike Venturino along the lines of writers that I throughly enjoyed reading, like Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan, Elmer Keith, and Finn Aagard. I'm just really not ready for him to join them! I hope he does what the Dr's say to do and gets past this bump in the road.

Harry
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I have been keeping close tabs on him. I was just there yesterday in his gun room placing blue sticky notes on all his guns that I am interested in should things go wrong.

He is doing well, I have offered my services to help reload, shoot and anything else I can do while he is recovering. He can't drive for a month or shoot a rifle for 2 months.

If you notice any changes in his writing during this time, you can blame me for that too, although I don't think he will relinquish that right to the likes of me...

Prayers for a Speedy and full recovery, Hopefully Mike does not allow you to load for or shoot anything irreplaceable or too expensive during his recovery. An expensive blow up could set back his recovery........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get better soon, and since you can't do any shooting for a while, you can come here and shoot here in cyber space! You would be very welcomed!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mike is a good one. He and others tried to help me win the paper patch battle over on the Shiloh thread. Unfortunately, they had little to work with. I sold out, through no fault of MV and a couple of others.

Prayers lifted for a speedy and complete recovery. God's richest blessings to both he and his spouse. Amen.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have been reading his stuff for a long time, probably because of much similar interests, particularly his fascination over the last several years with WWII stuff which i can't turn down.
Thoughts are with him.
Geez, i was just fondling some p38's today too, sure he would like those.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My prayers for Mr. Venturino to have a complete recovery.

GOA
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Thoughts and prayers for Mike for a speedy and complete recovery.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thinking of you Mike ... still find it amazing that some of you bump into these guys ..let alone call them friends. we only read their articles...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lifted from SE Az.
...for strength and Healing.

get better, Duke !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Outstanding! That's a good friend. Tell Mike there are a bunch of us out here, pulling for him.

Guy

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Once again, I am not surprised that no other gun has commented one way or the other. Clever and cautious I suppose....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Tell Mike he's in my prayers too. I remember some of his very first articles when he was a skinny kid. grin

Last edited by Joe; 11/15/15.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Please pass word that another long time reader is pulling for him and hoping things are not too rough on his family.

If I ever get to retire and can find time to take up another aspect of "loonyism", bullet casting that is, it will be primarily due to reading his articles.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Mike is in my thoughts too.

Don't know him personally, but when I was in the Marines, I always enjoyed his magazine articles on the older classic firearms, and glimpses of the unmistakable Montana scenery in the accompanying pics.

Shane

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Bad news. I was over there this afternoon and he had put all my sticky notes on a bunch of Japanese Arisaka's, bummer!

I told him of the thread on his behalf, he told me to thank everyone for their kind thoughts...

Shrapnel - let Mike know how much I've (and the rest of us) enjoyed his writings and (most importantly) have gained knowledge from them. Wish him a speedy recovery.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,694 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.