Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The first thing everyone has to accept about the problem,..both here and in Europe is, there is no solution that will be either implemented or condoned by government.

I get a laugh out of the "scholarly" dopes on a local site that are trying to figure out what to do with Muslims. They want to study, teach, form committees, etc. to figure out what to do.

They just don't get that this is not a new problem. The World has been dealing with Muslim hordes in some form or fashion for the last 1500 years or so. If there was an peaceful, amicable solution to living with Muslims, somebody would have figured it out long ago. As no amicable solution exists, the only workable solution is decreasing the Muslim population in question thru whatever means necessary.

Pikes seemed to work well at one time, I imagine Pike'ry technology hasn't changed much thru the years and can probably be grasped by all parties involved.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The Paris Attack is the opening salvo of WWIII. Islam will be dealt with as the conflict widens and becomes more frequent.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why would we have to tear up the Constitution to do it? If you ain't a citizen, then what's the problem with kicking many out? Keeping many away? Killing many in far away lands?

Exactly what I was referring to with my comment about interpreting the Constitution as it was originally written.

Exile was a valid answer to anti-American activity, including plotting against the country or its interests.

Before the f'ing bleeding hearts felt that all felons should be rehabilitated, if you committed a felony, you completely lost your citizenship and ALL of your Contitutional rights, and Constitutional Rights ONLY applied to citizens.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bataclan dance floor.
[Linked Image]

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Bataclan dance floor.
[Linked Image]

That, unedited, photo should be on the front page of every news source around the world to show everyone what we are dealing with.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
I am not sure that Islam can be "defeated" because to do that America would have pretty much tear up the Constitution and her core values, and in doing so, America has lost by default..

To varying degrees its the same for most Western countries.

I'm not sure what the answer is, except to note that maybe the history of WW2 shows we do have a chance if we treat the threat seriously enough...

Why would we have to tear up the Constitution to do it? If you ain't a citizen, then what's the problem with kicking many out? Keeping many away? Killing many in far away lands?

I'm talking about how we fight them on our home turfs seeing as so many are already here..In your case, how do you do that without targeting American born muslims?

How do you target one section of "we the people" without impinging the rights and freedoms of the rest?

If the Government says it wants to monitor all internet activity and mobile communications to combat terrorism, would you be ok with that? What about restricting firearm sales “to prevent terrorists acquiring weapons so easily”…

I am all for fighting this war in the ME ect, but when we fight it here at our respective homes, we need to be careful not to compromise our own vales, freedoms and way of life when we do so…

Last edited by Pete E; 11/16/15.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
We had no problems killing native born folks 150 years ago.

Not letting more in and kicking out the non-citizens is the best approach.

Just like a school shooter, you can't stop them all without giving up every freedom, so when they show their ass you kill them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I am not sure that Islam can be "defeated" because to do that America would have pretty much tear up the Constitution and her core values, and in doing so, America has lost by default..

Sorry, Pete, but you're dead-ass wrong on this one.

If our leaders would implement the 3-prong program I outlined a couple minutes ago, they could effectively shut down radicalism without so much as a speed-bump in the Constitutional road.

If they face the realities I described in the OP, they again would not have to change or "tear up" the Constitution. They simply need to enact legislation that defines what constitutes a religious organization (which we will leave alone) versus a sociopolitical organization (which we will destroy). The First Amendment would not need to be touched; in fact, it could be strengthened.

Now, if a short-sighted person were to write that definition, it would be exclusionary and wouldn't hold up in the courts. Worse, it could be misused to persecute all religions, or perhaps only the religions the current regime dislikes (hey, we could finally shut down them pesky Baptists!). However, if the definition was to say, for example, that a religious organization's purpose is none of the government's business except if the practice of any part of that religion violates the laws of the United States (such as advocating murder, political overthrow, undermining of US law by sectarian [Sharia] law, etc) then the United States will no longer recognize that organization as a religion, and the organization and its members will be subject to prosecution, imprisonment, and/or deportation according to US laws.

I'm not sure what the answer is, except to note that maybe the history of WW2 shows we do have a chance if we treat the threat seriously enough...

Indeed.

And this has historical pertinence vis a vis your first comment. In WW2, Americans' rights and freedoms were curtailed significantly in many regards, and the Constitution was not "thrown out".

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm talking about how we fight them on our home turfs seeing as many are already here..How do you do that without targeting American born muslims? How do you target one section of "we the people" without impinging the rights and freedoms of the rest?

I am all for fighting this war in the ME ect, but when we fight it here at home, we need to be careful not to compromise our own vales, freedoms and way of life when we do so…

That's an "Alinskyite" restraint. That's like someone saying that broccoli is good for you. Therefore, it would be irrational to resist being force-fed 100 lbs of it.

We know who and what Muslims are. There's no mistaking others for them.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday informed President Barack Obama that, in the wake of the terror attacks in Paris, the State of Texas would not by accepting any refugees from Syria.

“Given the tragic attacks in Paris and the threats we have already seen,” Abbott said, “Texas cannot participate in any program that will result in Syrian refugees — any one of whom could be connected to terrorism — being resettled in Texas.”

The Texas Health & Human Services refugee resettlement program has already been notified to not accept Syrian refugees.

Abbott also implored the President to stop plans for the United States to accept more refugees from Syria, explaining that our federal government is unable to properly conduct the necessary security checks.

“Neither you nor any federal official can guarantee that Syrian refugees will not be part of any terroristic activity,” Abbott said in his letter. “Opening our door to them irresponsibly exposes our fellow Americans to unacceptable peril.”

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by okie
AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) – Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday informed President Barack Obama that, in the wake of the terror attacks in Paris, the State of Texas would not by accepting any refugees from Syria.

“Given the tragic attacks in Paris and the threats we have already seen,” Abbott said, “Texas cannot participate in any program that will result in Syrian refugees — any one of whom could be connected to terrorism — being resettled in Texas.”

The Texas Health & Human Services refugee resettlement program has already been notified to not accept Syrian refugees.

Abbott also implored the President to stop plans for the United States to accept more refugees from Syria, explaining that our federal government is unable to properly conduct the necessary security checks.

“Neither you nor any federal official can guarantee that Syrian refugees will not be part of any terroristic activity,” Abbott said in his letter. “Opening our door to them irresponsibly exposes our fellow Americans to unacceptable peril.”

Oh come on, you KNOW California is on her back, legs spread WIDE open, ready for thousands of refugees.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We had no problems killing native born folks 150 years ago.

Even more recently at the beginning of WW2 you guys interned Japanese Americans as potential threats...A few years later you had McCarthyism in the fight against communisum. Question is, would similar actions be considered acceptable today?

Not letting more in and kicking out the non-citizens is the best approach.

Would agree with that...enough is enough and the genuine refugees can blame their fellow Muslims for that..

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D

I'm talking about how we fight them on our home turfs seeing as so many are already here..In your case, how do you do that without targeting American born muslims?

Well, you don't worry about that. Use the law to deport the Islamists that actively promote Jihad and shut down their mosques using existing Hate Speech and conspiracy laws. Hell, invoke the RICO statutes and seize their war-chests, even. Then, if an American-born Muslim gets upset and does anything to support those Islamists we are getting rid of, we arrest them for sedition and offer them a choice between prison or emigration to an Islamic nation of their choice. Due process and all that can easily be satisfied, the nation can be protected, and the Constitution preserved.

How do you target one section of "we the people" without impinging the rights and freedoms of the rest?

If the Government says it wants to monitor all internet activity and mobile communications to combat terrorism, would you be ok with that?

The short answer is, you find a way. Like we did in WW2.

The longer answer I would venture is that you do what I advised previously this morning: you use existing laws to monitor speech and written communication (and if NSA is spying on my internet use already, I have no problem with them spying on Islamists while they're at it!).

You don't have to shut down Islam specifically, and you don't have to shut down all religious organizations. You only have to shut down with extreme prejudice any so-called religious organizations that support violent sociopolitical change such as jihad.

What about restricting firearm sales “to prevent terrorists acquiring weapons so easily"

This is a non-starter. We already have ample evidence showing that gun control laws have never worked. And the Paris attacks illustrate how Gun Free Zones accomplish nothing good and enhance opportunity for terrorists.

Last edited by DocRocket; 11/16/15.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BarryC

I'm talking about how we fight them on our home turfs seeing as many are already here..How do you do that without targeting American born muslims? How do you target one section of "we the people" without impinging the rights and freedoms of the rest?

I am all for fighting this war in the ME ect, but when we fight it here at home, we need to be careful not to compromise our own vales, freedoms and way of life when we do so…

That's an "Alinskyite" restraint. That's like someone saying that broccoli is good for you. Therefore, it would be irrational to resist being force-fed 100 lbs of it.

Damn, dude, you're cutting Gordian Knots in fine style this morning!!
grin

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by okie

Oh come on, you KNOW California is on her back, legs spread WIDE open, ready for thousands of refugees.

No denying that but someone is getting it right. Lines are being drawn.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Terrorists and Jihadists want bloody war. War also brings tragic loss to innocent lives and that brings anger and motivation to fight back and recruits help. Yesterday's bombings in Syria may have just helped their cause more than hurt them.

We have to outflank them. Fight the war in the minds of people that are susceptible to being recruited by ISIS. Make it absolutely clear to all muslims that they must denounce terrorism for Islam and not against it.

Until that happens, a war on islam will be about as successful as a war on guns.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ingwe

I'm with BD on this one. I have said for forty years, long before this crap started that it is imperative that you prove to them you are crazier than they are.Response should be swift, massive, and brutal. It is the ONLY thing they understand. Reinforce graphically to them that we are the last people on this planet that they want to fugg with.
Retaliation tenfold is a place to start....but then we fret about collateral damage to civilians. They don't fret about it, we are grossly encumbered when we do.It is a war.
They just killed 129 people in Paris and wounded over 300 more. Do the math.
On 911 they killed almost 4,000 of us....were it up to me 912 would have looked like the bowels of hell over there.
Rant over....for now.

This.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Bataclan dance floor.
[Linked Image]

This bears repeating.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Uncensored...(right click, view)

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by BarryC

Damn, dude, you're cutting Gordian Knots in fine style this morning!!
grin

Thank you, but I hope Pete doesn't think I'm picking on him because he's certainly not alone. That thought process seems to be predominate these days. It's straight out of Rules For Radicals.

That black/white thinking is a tool of destruction and has been propagandized until nearly everyone has been brainwashed by it. People can't see where a social good reaches the point where it's destructive and in fact suicidal. It's libertinism to the extreme, it's freedom twisted into slavery.

We either deal with the problem in an adult manner or we become an amoral, repressive police state in order to keep the various minorities from attempting to destroy each other.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.