S
SD65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thought someone here might be interested in this:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393649

Rifle is not mine and not associated with seller, but been a member there since 2007.

SD

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Im interested, but can't get on their forum. I'm at work and can't go online till I get home. Is there anyone that belongs to that forum that will reply to the guy that I will take it, and contact him tonight? I'd appreciate it. Jeff

S
SD65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

To all whom expressed an interest in rifle. I emailed the seller the contact info for the first person who contacted me with interest in rifle. There were no fewer than seven people who wanted to purchase it and I did not have the time to contact everyone before I left for work yesterday.

It is easier to reply here where all can see. As of now, Sinistral has first crack at rifle. If he declines, the seller will post his contact info here to give everyone a fair chance to purchase.

Jeff, seller will call you today!

Best I can do, as I must leave for work!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wow! Beautiful rifle @ an honest price. For once in my life, I wish I was left handed!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
cry

IC B2

F
F
Hi,

This my rifle. I have one guy to call to see if he wants it but if not I will post here. Please email me or pm me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would take it. pm sent

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I would take it. pm sent

MEE TOO

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Dang! I registered on the FAL site two days ago to contact the seller and they still won't allow me to post or message.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

S
SD65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

Just walked in the door!

Rich, you should be receiving an email from Sinistral(Jeff) shortly.

Hope you two get her worked out, washing my hands of the deal.LOL

I'm ambidextrous and gave it considerable thought to purchasing for myself, but need to grab a scope for my tactical build so funds will go elsewhere.

Good luck gentlemen!

Bill

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Fireman1, I'm the guy SD65 contacted you for and sent you my number. I will take the rifle. Give me a call or PM me and we can work out the details.
Jeff

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I replied first. Got dibs on it.

S
SD65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
The first person to contact me via email in regards to the rifle was Sinistral(Jeff). I passed along his contact info and only his info to owner of the rifle before leaving for work yesterday morning. Jeff's/Sinistral's phone number begins with (970) and it is the only name/number passed to the owner of the rifle.

Once I returned home from work last night, I checked email/PM's and had received additional inquires (7-8)about the rifle. Instead of replying to each individual inquiry I posted info here for all, as it is not my rifle, I'm not associated with seller, and I'm sure as heck ain't doing the legwork for 7-8 other individuals.

Ngrumba, you were second to reply, not the first person. Both Sinistral's email and private message arrived seven minutes before your reply. Sinistral at 9:01 am and your reply at 9:08 am.

Bill

Originally Posted by Ngrumba

Last edited by SD65; 11/21/15.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SD65
The first person to contact me via email in regards to the rifle was Sinistral(Jeff). I passed along his contact info and only his info to owner of the rifle before leaving for work yesterday morning. Jeff's/Sinistral's phone number begins with (970) and it is the only name/number passed to the owner of the rifle.

Once I returned home from work last night, I checked email/PM's and had received additional inquires (7-8)about the rifle. Instead of replying to each individual inquiry I posted info here for all, as it is not my rifle, I'm not associated with seller, and I'm sure as heck ain't doing the legwork for 7-8 other individuals.

Ngrumba, you were second to reply, not the first person. Both Sinistral's email and private message arrived seven minutes before your reply. Sinistral at 9:01 am and your reply at 9:08 am.

Bill

Originally Posted by Ngrumba

To be fair, Actually I replied at 6:08 AM (want me to post the PM?) Central Time. That would be 7:08 AM Eastern Time (I don't know where you live).

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bill, thanks and sorry this has cause you headaches, you were just trying to post a rifle to help some people other than yourself out. I appreciate your help.
If someone has a beef with this deal they can speak directly to me, and leave Bill (SD65) out of it, he does not deserve the grief. If it wasn't for him most if not all of us would have no idea about the FALfile post. And I think we all want each of us to continue to notify people of good possible deals out there.

Bill I hope this helps.

Jeff

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
And to be fair, I just checked my PM time stamp, and it was 0601 am.

S
SD65 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
[/quote]
To be fair, Actually I replied at 6:08 AM (want me to post the PM?) Central Time. That would be 7:08 AM Eastern Time (I don't know where you live). [/quote]

To be fair, you were still beat by seven full minutes. By default, my time offset in my preferences is set at + 3 hours meaning actual server time is three hours behind EST. When it is 8:35PM here, the actual server time will say 5:35PM.

So, when you sent your PM at 6:08 AM, it was received in my inbox a few milliseconds later at 9:08 AM seven full minutes behind Sinistrel's which was received in my PM box at 9:01 AM irregardless of anyone's timezone.

I have nothing to gain with this transaction and that is why it is posted in the open. If you had been the first to reply, I would have passed along ONLY your information to the seller even without the $20 finder fee that you offered me. I strongly suggest that in the future, you consider that not all persons lack integrity, because in this instance, you are wrong!

Bottom line, not my rifle, not affilated with seller, and sure as heck not my obligation to help you secure a good deal that you may or may not profit from.

I'm sorry that you and the other gentlemen that expressed an interest in the rifle were not quicker on the trigger, but you win some and you lose some. It is the way things work in life.

Enjoy the up and coming Thanksgiving Holiday!

SD

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,441 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.