-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
His buyout is over 8 years to pay it out and it scales on how quickly he starts coaching somewhere else. The whole deal between him and the AD started last week when he told the AD he wanted to retire at the end of the 2016 season and it went downhill from there about hiring a coach in waiting ala Jimbo Fisher did at FSU.

According to the conference call Sunday the TAF (who pays his salary) had the cash on hand to pay 100% of the buyout now. They have incredible amounts of money "on hand" considering they now own a majority of Tiger Stadium and lease it to LSU for $1 per season.

Otto is my co-pilot.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chip isn't going to LSU. USC would be the place he'll end up if he decides the NFL isn't for him. I don't think it is but the owner won't kick him out - he'll have to decide to leave. That will depend on the size of his ego - can he realize his method doesn't work where you don't have an athlete advantage like he did in NCAA.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
There's a lot going on that nobody in the media knows about between Miles and the AD.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Rodent Pelini is your man.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Kind of interesting - in the NFL, where you can pay players huge amounts of money, you can't get an athlete advantage, but in college where you can't pay them, it is possible. Amazing how it is possible to get young athletes to attend a university based solely on its academics or their life-long love of the institution.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by powdr
Admittedly there's going to be a lot of shake ups around the nation in college football but I wonder if LSU remembers Tenneesee getting rid of Phil Fulmer several years ago. All he did was win 10 games a year. They haven't been the same since and Butch ain't going to bring them back to national prominence. LSU may be in for the same thing. There are not a lot of great coaches out there. Lots of re-treads but very few solid coaches. Lane Kiffin will get one of the high profile jobs but not USC and so will Chip Kelly if he chooses to get back into college football. There is at present one good job opening at USC but it comes w/a lot of Hollywood baggage. Maryland a not so good job and VA Tech is a good job but there ain't many Frank Beamers left around. UCF is down and out plus who knows might come open. Indianapolis Colts have contacted Saben but I doubt he's lured away from Alabama. Charlie Strong is hated at Texas by the fans and Alum but he might gat one more year. My question is how can two programs as good as Texas and LSU can not recruit a top notch quarterback? Going to be interesting to see what happens between now and January 15th. powdr

Add Alabama into that list of pgms that can't recruit a top notch QB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just like UGA. Top talent, great recruiter, wins a ton of games, but chits the bed every year in a big game.

Alumni gets tired of coming in second place to rivals every year and solid 10-3 coaches get shown the door.

I don't think Richt long for Athens either.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ohio State's looking for an assistant coach. Ol' Les ain't much, but I guess he'd do in a pinch.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Just like UGA. Top talent, great recruiter, wins a ton of games, but chits the bed every year in a big game.

Alumni gets tired of coming in second place to rivals every year and solid 10-3 coaches get shown the door.

I don't think Richt long for Athens either.

I would have thought Richt would have been gone years ago

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Rodent Pelini is your man.

[Linked Image]

Perfect!

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Alabama's last QB may not have been a top notch recruit, but he did win 3 national championships. There really isn't a need for a "spotlight" QB at 'bama.

"When you surround yourself with people who are smarter and better than you, and have the confidence to let them do their jobs, success will follow". - Paul Bryant

R
RNF Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by powdr
Admittedly there's going to be a lot of shake ups around the nation in college football but I wonder if LSU remembers Tenneesee getting rid of Phil Fulmer several years ago. All he did was win 10 games a year. They haven't been the same since and Butch ain't going to bring them back to national prominence. LSU may be in for the same thing. powdr

This is the 1st thing that came to mind when I seen the buy out article.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Les Miles to Mizzou!!!! Not. I am sure Les will end up at ESPN or the SEC network doing commentary. Why would he coach again.

Should be an interesting off season with all the coaching shuffles.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LSU people hate Miles, and for the life of me I don't get it. I point out hid record and they don't care, they hate him. I point out that they can slip back to the Mike Archer/ Gerry DiNardo days and they ALL would take the tradeoff.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I work with LSU fans and they have unrealistic expectations. Les is goofy and should recruit a good QB to take advantage of the rest of his talent and he should hire better coordinators but they would be foolish to fire him.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I work with LSU fans and they have unrealistic expectations. (All right, no further entries for the "Understatement of the Year" trophy need be sent in.) Les is goofy and should recruit a good QB to take advantage of the rest of his talent and he should hire better coordinators but they would be foolish to fire him.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Alabama's last QB may not have been a top notch recruit, but he did win 3 national championships. There really isn't a need for a "spotlight" QB at 'bama.

"When you surround yourself with people who are smarter and better than you, and have the confidence to let them do their jobs, success will follow". - Paul Bryant

It is pretty Obvious that Saban wanted to open up the offense when he hired Kiffin. Clipboard holders don't work anymore in CFB.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I don't care where Les goes, as long as he goes.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by hatari
LSU people hate Miles, and for the life of me I don't get it. I point out hid record and they don't care, they hate him. I point out that they can slip back to the Mike Archer/ Gerry DiNardo days and they ALL would take the tradeoff.

Fans and boosters are interesting in that respect. They automatically assume that if they fire someone his replacement is going to be better or see it as worth the gamble.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
So this all started because Les wanted to retire in 2016 and wanted a HCIW scenario to help out things.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,617
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.