Campfire Tracker
S
Nothing, zilch, nada.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After a very long chronic dry spell, the local Walmart actually had some Federal Automatch, which I bought, and what looked like a bit of CCI Mini-Mag HP.

They put their ammo in a glass case in back of the counter so it's hard for old eyes to read the writing on the boxes.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Still very spotty. Sometimes about normal prices but usually a bit higher

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I've been seeing a nice influx of good 22 ammo and normal prices again.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Local WM had some CCI CB shorts yesterday. Clerk said it was the only rimfire they got in January. LGS has some Aguilla high velocity, CCI Green loads and some 325 pack Fed auto match @ $35. Local hardware had a brick of Rem Thunderduds for $59. I don't call it normal yet.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nowhere in WNC or Upstate SC.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
tmitch - same situation here in So. Fla. Chances upon finding .22LR very slim to none. Homesteader

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ditto. What was a pretty good supply blowing through has pretty much dissipated in south FL. Glad I stocked up when I could.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/30/16.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Still kinda spotty here in SW MO, or Springfield anyway. BP has some and Academy and Wally world but you have to get it pretty quick.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here in SW Utah it's still spotty at best.

Can't believe anybody would stand in line at 6:00 a.m. at Walmart for the possibility of being allowed to buy one measly box, but that's what "they" claim is the main cause of the ongoing shortage. Sportsman's had a run of mostly Aguila recently, after a long dry spell.

Word on the street (or range) is that a couple of local retailers have a supply, but sell it only along with purchase of a firearm. Makes business sense, I suppose.

Paul

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Paul,

Apparently you've never seen people calling or texting friends when they find rimfire ammo at a store. In fact they often take a photo and send it too, to show exactly what's on the shelves. People also often post here when they find rimfire in a store. The word gets out quickly, and people often show up with family of friends to each buy their allowed limit.

Have seen this several times, the last time at a Wal-Mart late last summer. I was there to pick up some reloading stuff, because our local Wal-Mart has a small but decent selection, and there was some sort of .22 Long Rifle ammo on the shelves. He took a photo and then started texting, but only after putting the allowed two boxes in his shopping cart.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Was starting to look good here in dec. but seems to have dryed up again, going rate seemed to be $5.99 a box of 50.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was in Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and there was a good supply of most every kind of component - powder, primers and bullets. New brass was still not in full supply but getting better. Actually they had plenty of everything if you wanted Nosler or Hornady brass.

But no .22's. I just glanced at the .22 case and there were a few boxes of higher dollar target ammo but no regular shootable stuff.

Good thing my friends text me when they find some.... wink (just kidding, I hoarded all I needed in between the Obama I and II shortages)

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is still pretty scarce at Walmart but I did manage to pick up 3 boxes of CCI Stingers before Christmas and 3 boxes of CCI 40 grain WMR hollow points this morning. When I bought the Stingers a guy was buying a .22 rifle for a grandkid or something and I told him he needed to grab the Stingers while he could.

It appears to me that CCI manufactures and ships in batches of a particular type of ammo. So, for example, if you see some Mini Mags on the shelf or online, you usually can compile a quantity of it if you hit all your local stores or online sources as soon as you first find it. Then, you have to wait until the next batch hits or pay a scalper price.

The supply is getting better if you don't mind having a grab bag of different kinds of ammo.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
MD, no, I can't say that I've seen the phoning and texting from Walmart because a staff member told me that they get their shipments early on Sat. or Sunday, and I'm not about to drive 10 miles that early to stand in line. So, it may well happen. On those rare occasions when I've been able to buy my allotted one box limit at WM it's just been happenstance in the middle of the day.

One strange encounter I had at WM was with a customer who said he worked at the big local WM distribution center and that he'd seen many pallets of .22 ammo, but had no idea where they went and ended up. It still seems like a strange pipeline and distribution system.

The local Sportsmans Warehouse's current policy is to put it out on the shelf at random times, with a three box limit per customer. Seems to work reasonably well and at least prevents the line-up until it's gone game.

Paul

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may be old and retired, but my time is still too valuable to waste it chasing the ammo dream at Whatamart. Just bought a nice .22 airgun for practice at home. .017 per shot for Crosman Premiers on Amazon, delivered to my door. .177 would be cheaper yet, but I might want to whack something and the .22 is a thumper.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
When I read these tales of rationing of virtually non-existent .22 ammo at Walmart I give thanks once again for not having set foot in one of those stores since back around 2010. I swore then I would never go back and I haven't. God I hate those places.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I go every 3 or 4 months, but options around here are limited unless you're willing to drive a bit. More and more, I shop online where I can get exactly what I need, usually in 2 days or so. Saves time, gas, money, and aggravation. You go to the store for something and after wandering around for a half hour they tell you that they can have it in a week or so, unless it's "seasonal", which means fuggedaboutit. Buying online saves two trips and often money too. Used to be the guys in the store knew all about what they sold, but for the most part, that ship sailed long ago.

Costco, Food Lion, and Amazon get about 90% of my business. Midway and Graf's get about half of the rest.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't dropped by the LGS for a while (he's only open on Saturdays), but I owed him some money so I dropped by yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount and variety of .22 LR ammo. We got to talking (which is why I usually drop by), and he told me that he simply works the internet and buys whatever is available.

He also told me that several of his suppliers have ceased shipping case lots of .22 rimfire, as they too often disappear en route. If they can't do pallets, they break case lots into two or three smaller shipments. This could have something to do with the prices staying high.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really? 5 pages and no scantily clad young lasses? you guys are slipping.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.