Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

I don't know....that Buffalo Bull that appeared out of the fog standing about a foot from the highway one winter night when I was whizzing through West Yellowstone in a 92 Toyota looked pretty "dangerous" to me....fuggers head was bigger than my truck....if I'd a hit him head on I doubt he would have even known....

I could understand a person feeling vulnerable in that situation.

If they weren't driving a Toyota.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wyo, the Town Pump can get a little sporty any time of day but midnight on and most non-locals are too chicken to stop.

Barry Beach is a free man(forever), about damn time!

W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
My computer screwed up my last post.. As we drove by the bar several drunken Indians yelled at us to stop in.. Knowing the rep. of the bar, I decided to keep moving... Told my wife I had no tags for drunken Indians, so it would mean trouble if we had to shoot our way out.. Don't know if the place is still there but it sure sounded interesting..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I've traveled all over the US and the globe, there really aren't any dangerous towns in MT. Sketchy bar or neighborhood, sure. Towns like Polson, Kalispell, Missoula, Hamilton, and Helena on the list make me laugh.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm sorry but "dangerous" and "Montana" don't really go together IMO.

Travis

That has been the vibe i got whenever i have been there. Seems about as dangerous as NH or even less so, and NH is pretty fricken safe. Most crimes here are drug related posession, distribution, and junkies breaking into cars and houses.

This isn't 'Nam Donny, there are RULES...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This was a most interesting survey, however I never spent any night life in the top 10 towns. Big Sandy is another story where it was nip and tuck one night.

Then there was the Winifred Bar in Winifred where a horse's ass spoiled the evening. grin

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by NH_Sharpshooter

That has been the vibe i got whenever i have been there. Seems about as dangerous as NH or even less so, and NH is pretty fricken safe. Most crimes here are drug related posession, distribution, and junkies breaking into cars and houses.

Please don't use those two states in the same post.

Thank you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dangerous might not be fitting in a few towns like Hardin or Browning.....but they'll steal anything that isn't nailed down, and most things that are....and they'll do it fast.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Though MT overall is very safe comparatively, lets not pretend you need a high population of blacks or a run-down urban setting to be "dangerous". There are places I don't stop, and I won't stop regardless the color of the overheads behind me. I've been weirded the fugg out in some tiny podunk towns in the Dakotas.

MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When I was growing up in NE MT, Poplar was the per capita homicide capitol of the US, more than once. I love Montana, and for the most part the friendliest folks in the world live there, but there are, in fact, seriously dangerous places, not many, but be warned.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
South side of Billings aint no walk in the park.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
When I was growing up in NE MT, Poplar was the per capita homicide capitol of the US, more than once. I love Montana, and for the most part the friendliest folks in the world live there, but there are, in fact, seriously dangerous places, not many, but be warned.

lol Poplar doesnt bug me, wound up at a house party there more than once 10 years ago or lil more. but I really dont care for stopping in Browning, guess its a case of the devil you know. but in all reality if you take theft off the table, vast majority of the crime in Wolf Point and Poplar(and guessing rest of reservation towns) is native on native. hell when ever we hired a new person from out of town we always told them you will avoid 99% of the trouble if your out of the bars by 11pm. as Sam says though Town Pump can be sporty at times especially after dark but i guess most the time its been shake your head entertainment to me. watching the cops stop at Water Hole is always fun too.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Browning isn't all that bad. I wouldn't leave a vehicle unattended for long, but I never feel physically threatened.

Heart Butte is a little spooky.

All in all, Indians are pretty harmless to whites IMO. Most danger they pose is getting behind the wheel sauced. They like to stab each other though.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM

What's the street with the old bars? Montana St? Is the Empire Bar still open? That seemed like a good place to lose a few teeth or a kidney.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore

What's the street with the old bars? Montana St? Is the Empire Bar still open? That seemed like a good place to lose a few teeth or a kidney.

Sycamore

Montana Ave. not as bad as it used to be, had a nice meal with a cute lil thing at a small Italian Cafe there last Saturday

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the thing. I have never, ever, ever worried for my personal safety anywhere in Montana, at any time. Been on alert a few times, the old White Stallion in Havre was one, and another late night in Browning while fueling up, but never did it get personal.
The Treasure State really is a world apart.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

Yeah thats pretty accurate, never know what can happen in the downtown either. What people need to remember is stats are worthless for the most part. Cities will always modify the reporting of crime to paint whatever picture they want.

If they are trying for a grant for equipment every simple assault will become "aggravated" for the felony stat. Also a felony assault will be down graded if they dont want those numbers. I took a bottle in the head while bouncing in the downtown and it cost me 30 staples, bad guy had it reduced to a misdemeanor and did a few days of house arrest. A few months later the same guy was arrested for being the serial rapist. I have also worked plenty of felony cases from robbery to assault to rape and if a victim does not cooperate there is no crime and no stat is reported for the UCR.

Bottom line is dont sell drugs, buy drugs or go where they are used and you will avoid about 95% of all violent crime.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by varmintsinc

Bottom line is dont sell drugs, buy drugs or go where they are used and you will avoid about 95% of all violent crime.

No different than Detroit.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Was in some water-quality program when I worked for MSU. The higher-ups were talking about the Poplar River being the standard to which other waters in the area were to be compared to.

I made the mistake of asking out loud, "I assume that would be after they fished the dead indians out of it". I didn't fit in well with the university admin.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The Jim-Town bar is still open. Had a friend tell me they are sponsoring a coyote hunt this winter.

Montana MOFO
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,209 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.