Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bud . . .

Some people do barrel break-in, and some don't. If it was clear that there were benefits to it, there wouldn't be so much discussion about it.

But we all know that cleaning after every shot isn't conducive to shooting the smallest groups, and I think that was your point.

A 1.2" 10-shot group from a new rifle, with no load tuning and under the barrel break-in routine you describe would make me VERY happy.

I was excited to see the LAW when they first came out, and your report has me looking at a LAW again. It's a lot of gun for the money.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Bud . . .

Some people do barrel break-in, and some don't. If it was clear that there were benefits to it, there wouldn't be so much discussion about it.

But we all know that cleaning after every shot isn't conducive to shooting the smallest groups, and I think that was your point.

A 1.2" 10-shot group from a new rifle, with no load tuning and under the barrel break-in routine you describe would make me VERY happy.

I was excited to see the LAW when they first came out, and your report has me looking at a LAW again. It's a lot of gun for the money.

I read all the negative regarding the rifle long before I saw it so the dealer sent it to me on a trial basis, don't like it send it back sort of thing.
After thoroughly examining it and shooting it I was totally impressed so I bought.
However, I mentioned it today on my home Forum Canadian Gunnutz and I was totally trashed by some clown that lives on Snipershide and LRH.
He claims that Rick Bins was offered money by LAW to muzzle any negative threads regarding the Legendary Arms Works Company.
I find that very hard to believe...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I still want to see a picture of a 1.2" 10 shot group from that rifle. What bullet?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bud Gills
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Bud . . .

I read all the negative regarding the rifle long before I saw it so the dealer sent it to me on a trial basis, don't like it send it back sort of thing.
After thoroughly examining it and shooting it I was totally impressed so I bought.
However, I mentioned it today on my home Forum Canadian Gunnutz and I was totally trashed by some clown that lives on Snipershide and LRH.
He claims that Rick Bins was offered money by LAW to muzzle any negative threads regarding the Legendary Arms Works Company.
I find that very hard to believe...

Most of the negative stuff I saw was around twist rates, and there aren't many manufacturers that get that right all of the time.

There was one member that complained his 280AI had to go back a couple times, but that's all I remember.

I will re-read the posts before I buy, but I doubt it will dissuade me. I like the rifle a lot. It looks like a lot of rifle for the money.

Regarding the muzzling, I doubt it.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bud Gills,

My dad used to be an actor in commercials. One time Carl's Jr wanted him to say something like "this pisses me off," in s commercial. He told them he was not going to use that filthy language. His grandkids might see him and be disappointed. After a little conversation the boss told him something like, "Everyone has their price." My dad got up and headed for the door and told him, "Well now you met someone who does not have a price." They caved. Maybe someone offered Rick money. That does not mean he accepted the offer.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
I still want to see a picture of a 1.2" 10 shot group from that rifle. What bullet?

Being computer-challenged I cannot post pictures, I can tell you the bullet used was a 139 gr. Hornady over a shovel full of H4831, a bullet I've never considered an " accuracy bullet ".

Now heres the interesting part... like you curiosity got the better of me and I had to try a 3 rd. group.
So I loaded the exact same load along with 3 rds. each of 140 Barnes TSX and 140 TTSX.
Barnes loads were seated way off the lands, the Hornady almost kissing same.
The 139 Hornady load made 0.66", the Barnes 140 TSX made 1.19" and the TTSX did 1.46"
I was surprised because I expected both Barnes bullets to group better especially because I want to hunt with them rather than hunt with the 139 Hdy. which are left over from when I had a 7X57 and a 280.
I'm not giving up on the Barnes, simply have to do more work with them.
Ideally I would like to try 160 gr. loads be they Barnes or Nosler but such bullets are impossible to find on this side of the Fence..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Calvin
Not bad for a boomer and a 10 shot group. I'd LOVE to see the 10 shot groups to back up all the "1 ragged hole" claims you see on the internet.

It can happen once in a while. I quit after 12 shots.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,388 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,510
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.