-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the ladder of society, I'd place preachers somewhere between kiddie diddlers and Lawyers (not a lot of room there).

Somewhere near the rung of realest ate agents I suppose.

Blessings to all.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Preacher's hover very near the bottom of my "people to trust" list.

Travis

remember the old boy that posted on here that took an airhose to his preacher that was either diddlin or tryin to diddle the guy's wife?

preachers are easier to trust if a guy keeps a length of airhose handy and shakes at the preacher once in awhile I'd reckon

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I trust cops more than preachers

Mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Pastors of smaller churches seem to be the 'real thing'. Pastors of megachurches seem to all be charlatans, crooks, and snake oil salesmen.

These fellows were discussing 'preachers'. Pastors are a whole 'nuther thing. laugh (I would concur, however, on your assessment of the smaller churches deal.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I trust cops more than preachers

Mike r

I trust no one till I know them, a label of cop, pastor, boy scout leader or whatever has no significance on my trusting them.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Pastors of smaller churches seem to be the 'real thing'. Pastors of megachurches seem to all be charlatans, crooks, and snake oil salesmen.

But they flourish,have great influence and the money rolls in! Can you say Jimmy Swaggart or Jim and Tammy Baker? It's a business and they have to sell, sell and sell.

Best church I have ever been a member of was the 1st Methodist Church in down town Page Nebraska. Find that little town on a map!

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

But they flourish,have great influence and the money rolls in! Can you say Jimmy Swaggart or Jim and Tammy Baker? It's a business and they have to sell, sell and sell.

Best church I have ever been a member of was the 1st Methodist Church in down town Page Nebraska. Find that little town on a map!

so very true. one doens't just wander in off the street and assume the role of the leader of a mega-church. to the fittest goes the spoils.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What gets me about the TV preachers is that they tell you "Send your money to the Lord".....but they give you their address!!

??????????????

Legalized con game!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[video:youtube]2jdgpK6M4kk[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He's a smart guy, if he can get the good black folks behind him he can pull it off.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
does it appear that the Donald can find a crack in the democrat superstructure, and exploit it?

that is, to split off the black & white fence riders who have become aware that living on the plantation means nearly a form of starvation?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many have had the scam figured out for years and it ain't just 'mega-churches'...

A classic... smile

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 817 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.