Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
Gentlemen,

for an old line follower of the mighty War God YHWH, the soul enters the physical body at the first breath of LIFE.

i guess interpretations vary. and so they should.

Gus, don't confuse them with facts from their own holy book. There are also specific passages that endorse abortion, but that would just make their heads explode.

Please document with chapter and verses. While you're at it, please leave out explanations.

Well,, maybe he can or maybe he can't. My head is not exploding and I doubt yours is either.

“Misinformed unbelievers often pull little-known verses out of context in an attempt to smear Christianity. They present these verses as “evidence” that Christians are hypocrites, picking and choosing what Scriptures they want to follow or ignore.”

Further, they take these verses and provide their own interpretation of what the verses mean or pertain to. Simply poor and tainted scholarship. Their purpose is not to understand but to mock and sway those who are unsure of what they are reading.

“”Eisegesis”, the pouring of their own meaning into the verses, is vital to their hard set error. They impose their own interpretation on the verse rather than discover the meaning of the verse intended by the author. The Old Testament is a mystery to them. The concept of the different covenants seems incomprehensible to them. The concept that the OT law is composed of ceremonial, civil and moral law is difficult for them to accept as it does not fill their need to misinterpret and mock.

Be that as it may, they cannot or choose not to accept some basic concepts of Biblical interpretation. This may by choice for some and for others it may be that they simply cannot understand that which must be spiritually discerned. This allegation of course enrages them.

For some, the key to their rage is Jesus, the stumbling block. The question may be “Who sits on the throne of your life? Are you the king or is Jesus the King?

Satan, blinded to reality by his pride, said “I will be like the Most High.” He tried to dethrone God and failed. We as sinful human beings do the same thing when we place our own thoughts and desires above those of the “Most High.”

Of course there is a quite a difference between our fate and that of Satan’s.

TF

Last edited by TF49; 11/29/15.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by djs
It is VERY well documented by sociologist that the drop in crime rates in the 80' and 90's is directly attributable to Roe v. Wade.

I'll disagree. I don't think the urban breeders ever cared about abortion. Assuming urban children are crime-prone, I don't think abortion has reduced crime.

I'll take the documented facts over that attempt at a thought.

Documented facts? It's a theory. A theory that John Lott (of "More Guns, Less Crime" fame) disagrees with.
http://www.nrlc.org/archive/news/2001/NRL06/randylaura.html

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is VERY well documented by sociologist that the drop in crime rates in the 80' and 90's is directly attributable to Roe v. Wade.

The corresponding change in crime rates is fairly well observed there, but please kindly point out where that "research" documented that the change was "directly attributable" to Roe v.Wade, as you state.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC

The corresponding change in crime rates is fairly well observed there, but please kindly point out where that "research" documented that the change was "directly attributable" to Roe v.Wade, as you state.

I posted the paper.

Barry posted a very good counter paper.

Read them both and decide for yourself.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
this
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC

I posted the paper.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I posted the paper.

To paraphrase an old saying, you can lead them to the information, but you can't make them read (or think...)

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At times, clear thinking involves reading it all and questioning those who claim "directly attributable" in the absence of decent proof.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by las
Prompted by CS shooting

I'd guess the majority of abortions are had by liberals or liberal voting women.

So, objectively speaking, is this a bad thing? Do we really want liberals reproducing? Reed, Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Boxer, et al.

Aren't abortions cheaper than paying welfare cost to raise child into adulthood and beyond? If the answer is yes than the choice should be clear to all but most dense people.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Well I'll not be the one telling a 10 year old she has to carry her grandfather's love child in her belly for 9 months.

You're moving from Tennessee?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you ain't been around a 10 year that was knocked up by her grandfather, then you can't imagine the situation.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek

Aren't abortions cheaper than paying welfare cost to raise child into adulthood and beyond? If the answer is yes than the choice should be clear to all but most dense people.

While we are moot legislating here, you bring up another problem - there ought not be any govt welfare. Welfare is a charity and should be left to private charities.

It's amazing how F'ed up things get when you allow the govt to operate outside it's legitimate bounds. Let them get involved in welfare and suddenly infanticide becomes OK. Let them get involved in healthcare and before you know it, we have abortions like ZeroCare or single payer, both with death panels.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC

While we are moot legislating here, you bring up another problem - there ought not be any govt welfare. Welfare is a charity and should be left to private charities.

It's amazing how F'ed up things get when you allow the govt to operate outside it's legitimate bounds. Let them get involved in welfare and suddenly infanticide becomes OK. Let them get involved in healthcare and before you know it, we have abortions like ZeroCare or single payer.

What's really [bleep] up is that someone actually deems it commonplace and acceptable that the government raises people from childhood to adulthood via welfare, AND that a cost savings is an equitable argument to abortion....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you ain't been around a 10 year that was knocked up by her grandfather, then you can't imagine the situation.

Is this a club or a local group that you attend?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by mirage243

Is this a club or a local group that you attend?

Please, tell me what you do for a living? What have you done for your community, country? How old are you?

Do you or have ever done a frigging thing besides live in a wheeled home and eat gas station tater logs while jerking off to 'Farm Animals Gone Wild, Iowa Edition'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by las
Prompted by CS shooting

I'd guess the majority of abortions are had by liberals or liberal voting women.

So, objectively speaking, is this a bad thing? Do we really want liberals reproducing? Reed, Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Boxer, et al.

And a .22 round is cheaper than continued welfare costs, social security payments, maintaining a traffic court, or about anything else government spends money on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper & Gus,

I'm still waiting for the chapters and verses you boys mentioned are found in the Bible where the soul enters at the point of birth and anything that supports abortion. We, Bible thumpers, don't need explanations, just the references, please.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm still waiting for someone to point out in the bible how this sin is different from other sin....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by BarryC

It's amazing how F'ed up things get when you allow the govt to operate outside it's legitimate bounds. Let them get involved in welfare and suddenly infanticide becomes OK. Let them get involved in healthcare and before you know it, we have abortions like ZeroCare or single payer.

What's really [bleep] up is that someone actually deems it commonplace and acceptable that the government raises people from childhood to adulthood via welfare, AND that a cost savings is an equitable argument to abortion....

Maybe welfare should be reconsidered. After all, Scrooge might have said it best in Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" when he said "and decrease the surplus population." We can also reduce unemployment by hiring the unemployed to make daily forays around the city and pick up the dead. Ahhh, the wonder of it.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rost495
I'm still waiting for someone to point out in the bible how this sin is different from other sin....

Sin is sin, but how is sin defined? Is it in the mind of the beholder or defined in the "Big Book of Fairy "ales"? Not all believe in the "Big Book of Fairy Tales", so why should the believers inflict their beliefs on the rest?

And this includes categories such as:
- Alcohol
- Abortion
- Homosexuality
- Hunting
- Color of your auto
- Religion
- Morality
- etc.
- etc.

Why not just live and let live? Believe what you want, but don't inflict it on others.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper & Gus,

I'm still waiting for the chapters and verses you boys mentioned are found in the Bible where the soul enters at the point of birth and anything that supports abortion. We, Bible thumpers, don't need explanations, just the references, please.

please correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't believe i ever said it was stated in the bible. there's a lot of hebrew traditon and traditional teaching that Moses and others didn't record directly in the bible, i believe.

i think that tradtionally speaking, it's long been thought by old-school proponents of the hebrew history is that the soul enters the physical body at the first intake of breath (inspiration). the soul probably existed much sooner than conception, or could have.

in early genesis, there's reference to God breathing into the clay, and a human became. but, i'm not sure if that is helpful or not.

lot's of interpretations out there. more than one in fact. and i still maintain that's a good thing.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,146
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.