I've said before that if your ISP gives you space for a webpage, you can use the space to store photos for posting. You just need to get your access address from your ISP and get an FTP program to handle the uploading. If you have the space, you can forget the hassle of Photobucket, Hunt101, etc. You upload photos, videos, audio, and files like Word, Excel, etc. The only limit is how much space you have. Linking to a forum like this is just a matter of going to your page, opening the photo, and doing a copy/paste of the address into the UBB code in your post.

The FTP part has just got A WHOLE LOT EASIER. The latest version of Firefox 2.0 has one built-in as an add-on. I've been trying it and it's extremely easy and fast to use. After you install FF 2.0, they give you a list of add-ons that you can install. The FTP add-on is down the list a ways. It's called FireFTP.

You need to contact your ISP and get your URL and their ftp server name. Your URL will probably look something like www.ISPname.index.yourname, or some variation of that. This will be your account name. Then you need your ISP's ftp server name. It will probably look something like ftp.ISPname.com. This will be your host. Then you will need to give it a sign-on name and password.

Fireftp will have 2 windows. The left side will show your a menu of your My Computer. The right side is your webspace. In between there are right and left arrows. To upload, navigate to your photo and select it. Then click the right arrow to upload it. It will quickly appear on the right window. That's it. Open your page, select the photo's address and post it.

Dick

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.