Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by rost495
I'm still waiting for someone to point out in the bible how this sin is different from other sin....

Sin is sin, but how is sin defined? Is it in the mind of the beholder or defined in the "Big Book of Fairy "ales"? Not all believe in the "Big Book of Fairy Tales", so why should the believers inflict their beliefs on the rest?

And this includes categories such as:
- Alcohol
- Abortion
- Homosexuality
- Hunting
- Color of your auto
- Religion
- Morality
- etc.
- etc.

Why not just live and let live? Believe what you want, but don't inflict it on others.

You ask “how is sin defined?”

If it is defined in the mind of the beholder then sin can be whatever one wants it to be. I could decide that it is sin for you to rob me but it is not sin for me to rob you. Nah, maybe that doesn’t work too well.

As defined in the Big Book, sin would be that thought, word, act or deed that is not in line with or endorsed by God. Yep, have to refer to the Big Book for that. The Big Book and the attendant “Judeo-Christian” ethic has been around for centuries. But if you don’t follow after God and the Big Book, you can leave it behind.

So, how about “societal norms?” Let “society” decide. So, sin in a society dominated by ISIS for example, could be very different from sin in the US. So, sin is a variable. A variable? Nah, that does not work for me. Maybe for you but not for me.

Maybe one could pick and choose what is “sin” and then also kinda pick and choose what “societal norms” one would maintain compliance with? What’s wrong with that? Besides, if one can “get away with it” then why not choose what to obey and what not to obey and just try not to get caught? One might say “I am my own judge anyway, so why not?” There are no consequences if “I don’t get caught.” One could let HIS OWN conscience be his guide. Many subscribe to the personal convenience of this.

What about the consequences of sin? Accountability? Accountable to who? Accountable to yourself alone? Seems circular to me. Goes nowhere. How about accountable to “society.” Well, ok, we certainly have that today. “Sin” or at least lawbreaking certainly does have consequences. This is a logical end point for many. They let “society” tell them what is ok and what is not ok. They bend their thinking to what they see in the world. This works well for most sheep and they seem content with it. Accountable to “society” leaves me wondering about what if “society’ is wrong? Is it ok to follow the herd?

But wait, what if there is a Creator and what if we, as his creation, are accountable to God and subject to some future judgement. A judgment where one must give an accounting of his life to a righteous and all knowing judge. It may be that “sin” is a more serious subject than we would like it to be.

TF

so, djs, what do you think is sin?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by rost495
I'm still waiting for someone to point out in the bible how this sin is different from other sin....

Sin is sin, but how is sin defined? Is it in the mind of the beholder or defined in the "Big Book of Fairy "ales"? Not all believe in the "Big Book of Fairy Tales", so why should the believers inflict their beliefs on the rest?

And this includes categories such as:
- Alcohol
- Abortion
- Homosexuality
- Hunting
- Color of your auto
- Religion
- Morality
- etc.
- etc.

Why not just live and let live? Believe what you want, but don't inflict it on others.

Sorry, miss at 12 oclock.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by las
Prompted by CS shooting

I'd guess the majority of abortions are had by liberals or liberal voting women.

So, objectively speaking, is this a bad thing? Do we really want liberals reproducing? Reed, Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Boxer, et al.

Perhaps it is the act of having a "doctor" rip your unborn child from limb to limb and disposing or selling the body parts that makes a woman a liberal rather than being a liberal makes on do that to their unborn child.

I contend it is legal abortions that have spawned more heartless mindless liberals than the birth of "unwanted" children.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper & Gus,

I'm still waiting for the chapters and verses you boys mentioned are found in the Bible where the soul enters at the point of birth and anything that supports abortion. We, Bible thumpers, don't need explanations, just the references, please.

Check your PM.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An old Rabbi who was around just prior to the birth of Jesus said something like :

"Do not unto another that which is hurtful to Thee. This is the whole of the Law, all else is conversation".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
An old Rabbi who was around just prior to the birth of Jesus said something like :

"Do not unto another that which is hurtful to Thee. This is the whole of the Law, all else is conversation".

that there was one more thoughtful sage. obviously, he had sat under the shade of a big oaktree while debating theology with his breathtren as the flocks grazed on grass near the stream.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
antelope_sniper & Gus,

I'm still waiting for the chapters and verses you boys mentioned are found in the Bible where the soul enters at the point of birth and anything that supports abortion. We, Bible thumpers, don't need explanations, just the references, please.

Check your PM.

This is a lame response.

Unless you PM'd a picture of your COCK.

In that case it's hilarious.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
antelope_sniper & Gus,

Check your PM.

This is a lame response.

Unless you PM'd a picture of your COCK.

In that case it's hilarious.

Dave

he's too busy running around trying to convince folks the us is still the center of the world. meanwhile, the un is steadily taking over ldrshp because the us no longer has anyone to lead the country any more, much less the world.

ol YHWH said there'd be days like this.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
With abortion legal there should be no crimes against the fetus. Intentional or unintentional should not matter.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BarryC
[quote=Slavek]
Aren't abortions cheaper than paying welfare cost to raise child into adulthood and beyond? If the answer is yes than the choice should be clear to all but most dense people.

If a person's life is driven by the checkbook balance, the financial bottom line and/or any means of increased efficiency (government or otherwise) regardless of moral considerations - the choice may be clear and easy. For those who live by other and deeper codes, life can become quite dense. IMHO, God gave us much more than $$ with which to exercise our souls, hearts and talents.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
With abortion legal there should be no crimes against the fetus. Intentional or unintentional should not matter.

The reasonable implications of this statement seem sweeping. Maybe one who so thinks would have enjoyed Nazi Germany. I've never trusted all of our lawmakers/laws and judges to do what is correct for this society. Too much blind faith involved.

Last edited by CCCC; 12/02/15.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,028
Posts18,481,837
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.