S
And Missouri is talking to Rhule.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Raeford
Glad to see that VT wrapped up their issue quickly and cleanly!
Let the madness elsewhere begin!

They got a hell of a coach and with Foster still coaching the defense things look good. I still wonder how in the world UVA still steals players from that program.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'd like to see him at SC

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Otter
Originally Posted by hatari
Who fires a coach after a 9-3 season . . . ?

Make a call to Lincoln and ask Nebraska's AD. When Solich was fired (after a 9-3 season) the AD at that time hired Bill Callahan. I call the 4 Callahan years "the dark ages". AD was fired and replaced by Tom Osborne. Osborne promptly fired Billy C and replaced him with Bo Pelini, got the ship upright the first year. When Dr Tom retired, his AD replacement was at odds with Pelini from the get go (and/or vice-versa). Bo was let go after 6 years - 9+ wins each season and replaced with Riley. They finished this season 5-7. The 3rd sub .500 season since the late 60s - all three under coaches who replaced coaches who were 9-3 the year before their replacements were hired . . .

I don't understand the AD's mentality I guess.

The Osborne - Pelini pairing jibes very nicely.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Glad to see that VT wrapped up their issue quickly and cleanly!
Let the madness elsewhere begin!

They got a hell of a coach and with Foster still coaching the defense things look good. I still wonder how in the world UVA still steals players from that program.

Just a smidge of offense should get them back to the top of the ACC Coastal. They have the talent but Beamer was so damn loyal to Stinespring....
I can't figure the lure to UVA either. Look at the talent Al Groh brought in there, and he couldn't win either. Their hires just keep making Welsh look better and better.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
USC removes interim tag from Clay Helton who becomes full time head coach. The field starts to shrink. We'll see if any more firings are in the mix.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wish would be for UGA to hire Tom Herman and keep Jeremy Pruitt as DC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really like Kirby Smart and remember watching him play when I was there.

That said, I agree. Tom Herman would be an exciting hire.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Saban to Ga? Never happen.
Why would he leave Alabama for Ga?
Talk about a down grade---

Expect Irsay to make a MAJOR push for Saban after he fired Grigson and Pagano.

Saban might do it too as he'd be offered control over football ops and has a decent QB to work with.

Saban wanted Brees in MIA - got Culpepper instead. Saban's ego also knows that there's not much left for him but to go down at Bama and the NFL part of his resume is less than stellar. He wants another shot at that.

First of all the man has a statue in front of the Stadium and will probably retire from that program, a guy can only coach so many seasons and he is close to his limit IMHO.

That said afterr Sabans fiasco in MIAMI there is no way an NFL team gambles on him unless all possible candidates have been hired by other teams or college programs.

Irsay is loonier than anyone with any amount of money - ever. Charles Manson thinks his elevator don't go all the way to the top.

Irsay wants Saban.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, Richt has already interviewed with Miami and Virginia. Lots of opportunity out there. Good year to be fired. Sounds like he was ready to get out of there.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
UGA is nuts IMO. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kirby Smart IAW the Atlanta Constitution report a few mins ago.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
UGA is nuts IMO. Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know.

UGA knows Kirby Smart quite well I would say wink

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by JGRaider

UGA knows Kirby Smart quite well I would say wink

g

Maybe, but Kirby is as big of a crap shoot as Muschamp was at UF. How clever do you really need to be to run a defense that Saban loads with an endless supply of 5 star recruits?

There are a dozen D coordinators I can name off the top of my head that could equal the Defensive stats given those same players (Muschamp, Chizik, Roof, Strong, Pruitt, Chavez to start the list).

Kirby might be Nicky II, or Boom Jr. We don't know. The fans will be happy, more or less.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Well, Richt has already interviewed with Miami and Virginia. Lots of opportunity out there. Good year to be fired. Sounds like he was ready to get out of there.

Heard today that Miami is out. Richt doesn't want to be in South FL.

Wouldn't be suprised if he took a year off. He damn sure wasn't ready to leave GA. Still kinda shocked they pulled the plug. 145 and 51 with 14 bowls in 15 years.

Who ever comes in better be hanging metal inside a few years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The natives were getting restless. UGA could not win the big games that would have put them over the top. That along with the fact that UGA opened this season with no QB at all, only a freshman and a couple of transfers, the starting one could not start first team at UVA.

I hate to see Richt go, he's the best Georgia ever had in my opinion, but the rumblings had been going on for a few years.

Guess we'll see how it turns out.

geo

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Curious to find out who the OC will be...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was surprised to hear that Richt was a QB at Miami with Bernie Kosar.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and Jim Kelly and Vinny Testaverde..

Class of 82, Miami's depth chart for Kelly's senior season also had Richt, Vinny Testaverde, Kyle Vanderwende and redshirt Bernie Kosar.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Heard today that Miami is out. Richt doesn't want to be in South FL.

Wouldn't be suprised if he took a year off. He damn sure wasn't ready to leave GA. Still kinda shocked they pulled the plug. 145 and 51 with 14 bowls in 15 years.

Who ever comes in better be hanging metal inside a few years.

Well...the guy on the radio was full of chit. Just saw,on TV Richt accepted the a Miami job.

Good luck coach!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 222Sako, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.