Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just holler at him "it's a gun free zone, go next door"

or two rounds in the air with the ole dbl barrel shotgun, and Uncle Joe sez you'll sleep sound as a bug in a rug

sometimes I forget just how stupid Democrats are and the stupid chit they say

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by whelennut
In Minnesota you might get charged with second degree murder.
They have an aversion to people acting out what they see in Chuck Norris movies.

Did your mentally handicapped instructor teach you that?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by GunGeek

When I took Ayoob's LFI way back in the '90's, I recall him talking about a case where someone shot a man holding a J frame S&W on him. The range was "long" (but I don't recall how "long"). Ayoob was called to testify because the DA chose to press charges on the grounds that a J frame at that range was no threat (I'm thinking it was somewhere between 25-50 yards). So Ayoob took out a J frame (on video) and put 3 our of 5 rounds onto a man sized target at 100 yards, which pretty much shot down (no pun intended) the DA's case.

Either that story is part of an incredible imagination, or they encountered the stupidest DA on the planet.

Travis

Walter Mitty is day dreaming again.

A FOS faceoff?

Gibson vs. Ayboob!

Who can fill the room most fastest?

TFF.

Clark
So if I find the specific case and post it, are you going to STFU; yeah, I thought not. You're a douche.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Today's situation in San Bernadino is a good example of why it's good to be able to shoot at longer distances. Say you are in a position where you want to or NEED to stop an active shooter in a public environment.

As has been stated, "You get the fight you get.....not the fight you want!".

They have an aversion to people acting out what they see in Chuck Norris movies.

"MIGHT" get charged with Second Degree murder, vs quite likely being killed by a terrorist OR being able to stop said terrorist from killing other innocent people.

If those are your choices and you'd rather be concerned with the "might get charged" bit, then WTF are you actually carrying for in the first place? You "might" get charged in ANY SD situation.

Oh, and quite clearly MN SUCKS as far as the 2A is concerned. What a ridiculous situation to be put in, and what a horsechit "law" that must be.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

So if I find the specific case and post it, are you going to STFU; yeah, I thought not. You're a douche.

STFU? No.

But I'd love to see the case.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So getting back to the OP's original thoughts and statements. Here's an article where 10 case of "longer range" defensive fire was used and justified.

http://www.tactical-life.com/combat-handguns/justifiable-long-shots/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

STFU? No.

But I'd love to see the case.

Travis
Well here's the thing. If you will man up for an apology if I post it, then I'll make the effort and call Mas.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Means - Would a reasonable person feel the potential threat had the means to inflict egregious bodily harm or death?

Opportunity - Would a reasonable person feel the potential threat had the opportunity to inflict egregious bodily harm or death?

Intent - Would a reasonable person feel the potential threat demonstrated an intent to inflict egregious bodily harm or death?

This is all you need to know.

Perry

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well here's the thing. If you will man up for an apology if I post it, then I'll make the effort and call Mas.

I see you've finally opted out of the quick disconnect vagina, and went full time.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Today's situation in San Bernadino is a good example of why it's good to be able to shoot at longer distances. Say you are in a position where you want to or NEED to stop an active shooter in a public environment.

So you're legally obligated to be a coward.

Congratulations?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I see you've finally opted out of the quick disconnect vagina, and went full time.

Dave
That is humorous. No way around it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

So you're legally obligated to be a coward.

Congratulations?

The perps had body armor. How would being able to shoot longer distances with a hand gun have helped?

Secondly, getting yourself or your family to safety without having to fire a shot is not an act of cowardness.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

The perps had body armor. How would being able to shoot longer distances with a hand gun have helped?

Wow. What a brain tease.

I'll have to really think about this one.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Secondly, getting yourself or your family to safety without having to fire a shot is not an act of cowardness.

It is if other people are dropping like flies and you have the means to stop the threat.

But then again, I'm not from the south. You probably see things different.

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Any gunfire will cause them to pull back to cover, which reduces their ability to shoot people. A vest doesn't make anyone superman. Even with a vest, you don't want to be shot at with a handgun. At the least, it's quite painful to be shot with substantial handgun rounds, and they can even inflict lethal wounds through and around them. Basically, I'm speaking of suppressive fire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

It is if other people are dropping like flies and you have the means to stop the threat.

Travis
The Sheriff here told us that everybody doing the ALICE training thinks they are cold-blooded because they are stepping over kids who are laying there (pretending to) bleed out, while trying to neutralize the shooter(s). It all depends on the situation. If the shooter wounds somebody beside you and then moved to a different area, administering first aid could get done. But if the shooter was continuing to shoot, right there in the area, it doesn't matter if it's your son, your wife or some stranger who has been shot, you have to take the threat out NOW because if you don't then how will you administer first aid later or do anything but but be somebody else to deal with if you become a casualty too. These situations are replete with hard decisions. Talking body counts of two or three as opposed to a dozen sounds totally uncaring, but there it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wow. What a brain tease.

I'll have to really think about this one.

Travis

It's never too late to turn a Muslim into a Hindu

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Travis

If you have a hand gun, you don't have the means to stop the threat.

Think a little more about the body armor.

But then again, I'm not from deflave vill. Being another fly may seem heroic to you.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why not? What class 'body armor' were they wearing? Helmets? what body armor did they have on their extremities?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

If you have a hand gun, you don't have the means to stop the threat.

Don't assume your ability/limit with a handgun is everyone's ability/limit with a handgun.

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 52 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.